Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ay right you two above if you would spend less time bletherin and concentrate on the housework it would help mankind, sorry that's kind men, tremendously ​​​​​​​​​
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Watch it rary…!!

Morning, quite a nice day here this morning although cool. Domestics today, lots to catch up on after doing next to nothing last week.
      Hope you have a great day. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Good grief, Rary, you do like living dangerously, don't you?

Afternoon all.

Miserablish day here, mood and weatherwise. Grey and cold. But I've got a big pile of veg heaped up to make a pot of soup later on. A ginormous leek, somewhat counterbalanced by the small Golden Acre secondary cabbages. I think it was Burnie who recommended this cabbage. They've been a great success. The smiles came out and watched me picking everything but have decided it's too chilly hanging around doing nothing, so they went off for a warming fly in your directions.

Lots of work to get through, as friends coming at the weekend, so I need time to get ready for them. I've lost the skill of catering for larger numbers than two for any more than one meal.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
          Am back from having our boosters - no problem at all and I’m quite relieved tbh.
          OH is half waiting for side effects as he was so ill after his first AZ. This is the Pfizer , so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes.
          We need our flu vaccines too but declined to have them both at the same time.

Rary…..

Snoop - I tend to cook for 5 people then freeze half of most things I make so I get days off from cooking. Probably because we have no takeaways anywhere near us for those days when we garden until fit to drop
          Cuts down on the washing up too
          Enjoy your weekend with your friends…it’s sort of the beginning of feeling things are starting to return to normal .

Jay - it sounds like you are finally feeling a bit better? Sounds like it knocked you for 10 ?

We have a lovely sunny day here - we sat outside for lunch and ate sushi. A lovely treat for being so brave…..
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

Nicos MrPots had his booster yesterday said apart from a bit of arm ache he feels fine, he also had Pfizer. His first 2 jabs were AZ both gave him flu like symptoms for a couple of days.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good to know Bren - Thanks.

Comment

• Good evening, pitch black already working day definitely a lot shorter, now have all the soil moved into the raised bed and I can now get my paths sorted by spreading out the pile of gravel that I have. I have reread those posts of both Nicos and greenishfing, I can just picture a couple of women standing at the cave mouth bletherin about their men out risking their lives trying to kill a wild animal and expecting them to cook it just after they had just done their nails or standing at the door of their huts bletherin about men expecting them to boil up some veg just because they had spent all the summer keeping animals out the fields, did they not know they had just done their hair and steam would spoil it and it goes on through the centuries, till they are finally in a hairdressers where any man sitting just switches off as two women blether on about nails this colour or hair that style and he is hoping that they hurry up as he has a lot of work to do before he has to cook the dinner
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Oh Rary, you are so dicing with death! We would have been the stupid women who had to nurse their men back to health after they were either gored or trampled and then we would tame the wild animals as well. We would have been expert butchers (and still are). You kill 'em we do the rest. As a very old man (95) told me this afternoon when we were comparing knife sharpening techniques "You aren't an average woman". I will take this as a compliment. Watch out Rary!!
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 10-11-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• I rang my brother in law this morning to check that he was okay after I took him for his booster yesterday (pfizer). He is fine. No side effects at all. My husband and I were fine as well after ours a few weeks ago (also pfizer). The 'flu jab that I had on Saturday made me feel far worse. Fine now though.
                    We had a very weird care home visit today as the in law thought she was still at school (age 90). Never mind at least she was happy.

Comment

• Thanks Nicos, much better now. That was a horrendous cold, you certainly don’t want it! Hopefully another few days and I’ll see the back of it.

I too had the Pfizer jab for my booster, no side effects at all (had the flu jab at the same time too) Had AZ for first two doses and was really ill with them.

Anyhoo off to bed, had my first full nights sleep in I don’t know how long last night…think I can make it 2 in a row? Night all.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Armistice Day today lest we forget
                        My grandpa survived the Somme and Ypres - so sad anyone had to experience that , but understandable that he was unable to share the horrors.
                        My mom’s cousin was shot down in WW2
                        My OH’s grandpa’s brother was killed but gained an OBE for his bravery - something to do with tunnelling at Flanders.
                        (We need to try and find out more about him.)

It’s good to remember what they did for us.

I’d forgotten that it’s a Bank Holiday here! Good job we did a quick grory hop on the way back from our vaccinations

Comment

• Ooops!…I accidentally pressed’Post’

Anyway….on a happier note…no major reactions yet to the vaccines apart from the standard achy arm

so what would peeps like on their breakfast trays this morning?
                          I have the choice of porridge with blueberries ; dippy eggs and toast or black cherries with yogurt…..
                          I’m fancying the porridge tbh!

Kettle’s on…

Comment

• Morning everybody. One of my husband's old friends called round yesterday afternoon who served in the army in Europe at the end of WW2. He rarely talks much about it but I know that he lost friends over there.
                            Rescheduled haircuts for us today now that there is hardly a mark left on Mr GFs head after his fall. If the weather stays pleasant maybe a trip into the city this afternoon. The sun has just come out here and it is 9°C and windless. Predictive text kept trying to insist it is mindless.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop this morning not to sure after that, but I'll be raking leaves at some point.

My breakfast tray was Pinhead oats with raspberries and a dollop of yoghurt.

Best get on enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                so what would peeps like on their breakfast trays this morning?
                                I have the choice of porridge with blueberries ; dippy eggs and toast or black cherries with yogurt…..
                                I’m fancying the porridge tbh!

Kettle’s on…
                                All the above will do fine Nicos, but do you have some bread, butter and jam to finish off with?
                                I got my booster and flu jag a couple of weeks ago and again it was a phizer jag no ill effects whatsoever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X