Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, Carrie, not paying attention there. Nice to see you back this way. Hope you get another plot soon.

Comment

• Good morning all,hope your all well,going to start a vegie hot pot,and some mashed spudz,shortly,and freeze some ready meals,just right for when i have the lazzzeeeeeeezzzzz, i have lots to do,but end up doing them in my head and getting nowhere,so i am taking charge of the brain today,then its a school run ,have a good day all
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
        Back home from my line dancing.

Carrie, hope you get your plot soon.

Nicos. Every time you mention jam it sends me on a guilt trip.

There is lots of fruit in the freezer but I just cant seem to motivate myself.

Lottie, good idea freezing meals so you can take a day off when you dont feel like cooking..
        Have a good afternoon all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hi All,
          Just found this daily thread so wishing you all a good afternoon, I'll be downstairs in a moment then in the garden for a tidy up maybe pot on the cucumbers ?

Geoff.

Comment

• Nice to see you on this thread Geoff !

Well bramble, I ended up making 10 pots of jam.

I was thinking of leaving it at that for this year then OH announced he’s spotted a vast number of cultivated blackberries hidden away at the back.
            I may end up adding those to the freezer ….to join those from a couple of years ago!…see, you’re not the only one
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon.

I need to do a stocktake in my jam/chutney store, last time I looked I'd got 9 jars of jam and 20 of assorted chutney best not get carried away this year there's only so much we can eat or give away.

On checking the freezers I've eaten the last of the blackberries but did find 2 boxes of raspberries hiding.

Welcome to the chat thread Geoff pop whenever you fancy a chat.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Up early to get a bit of work done. Woken by hail pinging about everywhere. Fortunately not too big but big enough to make an almighty racket. Haven't been out to inspect potential damage yet. Won't need to water this morning as there was heavy downpour too.

Mr Snoop has been away for the last two weeks (summer school and visiting family) but comes home today. So that's good. The dogs will be pleased to see him. As will I, naturally.

I just love chutney. Your collection wouldn't last long in our household, Bren. I never make it because the only vinegar I can buy easily here is wine vinegar and I assume it would affect the taste or not be acidic enough. I've eaten a fair bit of cheese spread with Indian-style aubergine chutney these last few days. Addictive stuff.

Not sure when the smiles will set off. They're a bit sleepy after the disturbed night and I heard whisperings about the weather forecast for today. Drizzle, thunderstorms with rain and more drizzle. Not their favourite weather but I'm sure they'll make the best of it.

Have a great day, everyone.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 06-07-2022, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• Mornin Snoop n’alln’all

And there I was tiptoeing around so as not to wake anyone
                  Thanks for leaving out a brew for me perfect!

I make chutney using cidre vinegar, and it works really well. Can you get hold of that to try? Agreed, it’s not quite as acidic but I’ve never had a stored one go off yet ( 6 years unopened) and those I do use are stored in the fridge for several months.

I keep thinking I should get on with some ironing rather than catching up with the news etc. I promised myself a swim today and I really don’t fancy going…but I should, but the ironing needs doing first. Oh decisions decisions at such an early hour

Gosh Snoop - you’re going to be nattering away for the next few days catching up with all what’s been going on for you both!
                  Dont show this to Rary ​​​​​​….
                  https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-more-than-men

20,000 words a day x 14 days….280,000 words to catch up on lass! …or have you used up some on the pets and smiles?
                  ( no doubt a few choice ones on any slugs etc you’ve come across too!)

Right - best let Hibou out- she’s already brought me 3 leaves as a pre breakfast snack.

Comment

• Morning

Bread making and dentist this morning for me, its my first check up since before lockdown.

I mostly use malt vinegar for my chutneys then apple cider when I'm giving some to a celiac friend. Cider vinegar doesn't linger in the kitchen same as malt does, it gives a different taste to the chutneys but they're still good..

Enjoy your day
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-07-2022, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• I took so long to decide what to do that I fell asleep again!
                      Darn. Well, I clearly needed the extra.

Have fun at the dentist Bren..

Comment

• Mr Snoop talks a heck of a lot more than I do. He'd agree. He'd also say that I don't listen all the time. And it's true, I do rather zone out a bit at times... Very rude and not very partnerly. C- for me. Must try harder. He consoles himself by saying (also repeatedly) 'Well, at least you're not married to a dolt'. A+ for him in that respect. The only time he hates talking is on the phone. During these two weeks, we haven't spoken once in person, just exchanged emails. If he tells me all about the delicious food he's eaten while he's been away (in Italy), I will definitely switch off.

Thanks for the advice on vinegar. I shall keep an eye out for cider vinegar next time we're in a proper supermarket. Locally it's sold in tiddly little bottles at fancy health-food shop prices. I have a lot of squash from last year that need using up. Some I can roast for the freezer, but I bet squash chutney is yummy.

Comment

• That reminds me: I counted eighteen developing squash this morning. You can call me Mrs Smug today.

Comment

• Good morning all and we finally have some sunshine.
                            All the greenhouse plants are fed and watered.
                            Laundry is out on the line.
                            Heading off shortly for a fasting blood test.

Last time I made chutney I used cider vinegar.

Snoopl if your hubby talks as much as mine you'll never be lonely.

Bren, good luck at the dentist, I went last week, had a filing and polish,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning,

I gave my plot up about 4/5 years ago when we moved to another town. When we moved here I put my name down right way for a allotment near me. So been on the waiting list for about 4/5years. I hope to get a plot before next growing season

Hope your all well

Carrie

Comment

• Afternoon.

Dentist went well just a check up, x-ray and come back in 6 months, to celebrate I called at the bakers and bought an egg custard tart I do make my own but I love their pastry.

Breads out of the oven, salads and potatoes picked so I can go out for a stroll.

Enjoy your afternoon.

Comment

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X