This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening.
    I managed to keep out of the Sun for the most day, after dinner was the best time to be in the garden did some weeding, harvesting and 're-netting one of my beds.
    Hair cut in the morning not to sure after that.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Awake early…flippin hayfever!
      Hibou is out and I’ve just made a brew - anyone care to join me?

Its supposed to be our hottest day today so I suggested OH use his pizza thermometer gun to see how hot our concrete patio and granite walls get as they were actually still quite hot to the touch last night when we looked away the chooks.

Which reminds me…I need to leave out water for the wildlife again.

My exciting news is that it looks like some of our black cherries are almost ripe. The frost got most of the blossom but enough survived to produce a bit of a harvest. Yum.

No set plans as yet for today but plenty to choose from!….
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Nicos and here's me thinking we've got it hot here just now.

It looks like we're going to get a good apple harvest after last years disapointing 6 apples between two trees, I've got plans for dehydrating, juicing, freezing, jams, pies and just eating them.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all. It's a hot one. I've only been out to hang towels on the washing line so far. It's already 24°C and I don't expect the washing to take long to dry.

I've got all my thick curtains shut to keep the sun out. I'm finding the older I get the less heat I can tolerate.

Tomorrow is forecast to be much, much cooler.....maybe with some rain. I want to plant out some plants but I think I'll wait until then.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            No sun here, its breezy and overcast and just 18 degs.
            I am going to the hardware store this morning to buy some wire to aid my climbing plants.
            No other plans as yet for the day.
            I will do a bit of work in the garden this afternoon.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Half eleven or so here and 37 ºC in the shade... 21 ºC low overnight. Three forest fires declared in the area already.

But on a more positive note, my watering plan looks like it might work. The pump is bunging out quite a bit more than its stated output when the sun is on the panels, maybe 700 litres an hour. And Mr Snoop tested it with one line of seep hose, just to see, when the sun was still oblique and low, and it works brilliantly. The butterflies evidently love it - lots of blue butterflies and a few zebra butterflies came down for a sip - and the smiles enjoyed their company before heading off. So, more lines to go down and away we go. It's a bit late by your standards, but parsnip seeds will now be sown, as will carrots. Mr Snoop was beaming as he headed off into town for a few errands. So you can imagine my grin!

Catch you all later. Got an absolute ton of work to get through.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• You lot complaining about the heat…like to share?!! 16 degrees and dull with heavy showers. Guess that’s why it’s so green up here.

Afternoon all, hope you are having a fab day whatever the weather. I’ve done nothing but play with my granddaughter today…the house is an absolute tip!! Think I need an early night though.

Catch you later! x

sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

Jay your today's weather is what we have forecast for tomorrow, wonder if you'll get sunshine.

Forgot to say congrats on your pump and seep hose working out Snoop.
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 17-06-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Jay…PLEASE come and help yourself to some of the sun/ heat.
                    I’ve not checked but 2 hrs ago it was 36C in the shade and it’s clearly hotter now. I’ve just been informed by a rather droopy OH that apparently tomorrow is now going to be our hottest day Thank goodness we don’t have a same day gite change over!.

Goodness knows what temperatures you are coping with this afternoon Snoop. I’m just sooooo glad we chose to buy a thick walled granite stone house. It’s positively cool in the lounge at 21C and that’s without closing the shutters.

So - apart from nipping out to the recycling bins I’ve stayed indoors all day sorting out cupboards.
                    Have to say. *take note!*…..check out your medicine cabinets when you have a few so are minutes - many of ours were quite a bit out of date.

Jay - it’s wonderful how much our granddaughters can do/ understand now isn’t it? Enjoy the mess - it’s very much worth it

Snoop - no wonder your OH is grinning - looks like it’s money and labour we’ll spent. I love the idea that the butterflies are drinking from it too.

gf…wow!…most impressed with your spuds. Well done matey.

Bren- bet you feel better/ cooler after a hair chop? You always keep it looking so pretty.

And bramble….go on, own up….what else did you suddenly realise you desperately needed at the hardware store ?

Best get on myself now….I’ve boxes all over my bedroom floor and bed - almost sorted Anyone seen my storage box lids?…

Comment

• Ha!…got to share this!

OH is wandering around our garden taking temperature readings with his pizza oven thermometer gun and our sandstone back doorstep is 52.5C

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	311DAEA1-78AF-419C-8097-0A486B20A371.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	809.0 KB ID:	2547572

oops - upside down!!! …..wish it were25C
                        Last edited by Nicos; 17-06-2022, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Click image for larger version Name:	311DAEA1-78AF-419C-8097-0A486B20A371.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	809.0 KB ID:	2547572

oops - upside down!!! …..wish it were25C
                          Was that with the sun shining on it?

Comment

• ^^^^^Yup - direct sun all afternoon.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              The temp got up to 21 degs but we never saw the sun today.

Ended up going to B & Q where they were selling off bedding plants.
                              Trays of 10 for €1. I bought 10 trays.
                              Spent the afternoon planting them out.
                              Geraniums, Busy Liissie, Sweet William and Begonias.

Nicos, that's a seriously high temperature.
                              My daughter and her family are heading to Picardy on Sunday and are hoping for good weather.
                              This holiday was booked 2 years ago so they are so looking forward to it.

Snoop, sounds like you have got a good watering system going there.

Jay, I know the feeling entertaining a toddler but its well worth it.

Hope you all have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What a day! 46 ºC recorded in the shade. Although they initially forecast this as the hottest day of the heatwave, looks like tomorrow is going to be a stinker too. Roll on Monday when we should be in the mid-30s.

Thanks for the comments on the watering system, guys. It's a game changer for me, possibly even a life changer as I'll be able to keep the veg patch going till well into later life. Assuming it doesn't get so hot that nothing will grow!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X