This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning g all.
    A misty start to the day but it's very mild.
    A trip to the garden shop this morning g to get flowers for my mothers grave,

Glad to hear Mr GF is up and about again.

Lottie, go easy with the raking, it wont do your back any good.

Nicos, glad your enjoying the company of your friends.

Have a good day and Happy Easter to all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

My but it's hot out there. I'm actually wearing shorts. For the first time this year. Mind you, they'll have to go away again later next week, when we go back to very cold temperatures and yet more rain. Need to get up much earlier tomorrow and Monday so I can actually get something done in the veg patch. The weeds are going bonkers after all the rain and now this sun. But they'll get a day's reprieve as I can't bear to be out in this sun.

Glad the smiles have been spotted out and about. They obviously know what's what and left at the crack of dawn. Nicos, don't spoil them too much. I've been trying to train them to enjoy the smells rather than actually eat anything. Terrible mess otherwise...

I was just thinking today that I haven't heard the cuckoo yet. Nor have I seen any swifts or swallows. They're a bit late. Maybe they know what the forecast is for later next week. Certainly our quince tree does. Every year we've been here, it has blossomed before putting out its leaves. This year, we've got leaves so far. But I noticed the other day that flower buds are forming. So it's going for a late flowering.

So, on the cards for me today: a little bit of seed sowing and sorting out all my bun trays and tins. The shelves are all of a pickle, as I've taken things out and not put them back in the right place. Then maybe a bit of paid work, get it out the way.

Enjoyed the Waffle Game, bramble. Thanks for mentioning it.

Better get the show on the road. Have a great afternoon everyone.

Comment

• Extra! Extra! The replacement tomato seeds have arrived in the post this morning. I have already planted all the Crimson Crush as they are going to be really behind schedule now. I just hope these ones actually germinate, and quickly.

Comment

• Good afternoon, just a quick call to let you know I am still around, going out to a concert, which one of the grandsons is performing in
          Reading gf's post highlights how diffrent the areas covered by the members of the vine are, where she says she has planted some Crimson Crush tomatoes and the others will be behind schedule, I was just sowing some tomato seeds today, and hopping I'm not too early. Right need to go enjoy the rest of the weekend keep safe and keep smiling 😁😁😁

Last edited by rary; 16-04-2022, 04:17 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Happy Easter to you all, are you all out rolling your Easter Eggs, when I am first on, just a quick good morning before I head out for a church service enjoy the day, remember it's the eggs that you roll down the hill not yourself
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's bright again, but quite cold. I've put the plants out in the sun, but it's much colder out than in their overnight quarters, which are very dim. So sunshine and chill it is.

This morning's job: making a start on getting rid of a huge patch of thistles. Unfortunately, they've been growing since the rains, so probably got quite deep roots already. Might not get all the roots out. But anything is better than nothing. Then maybe putting in some shallot sets.

The smiles did a big flippety-flip this morning (I'd say their intention was skippety-skip, but it didn't quite come out right) before heading off. They were looking very enthusiastic. I suspect they're hoping for breakfast round at your place, Nicos, before heading off to see everyone else.

Happy Easter, everyone.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 17-04-2022, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Another shorts and t-shirt day here, I'd best make the most of it the weathers going to be changing says Pen and the Met office.

Enjoy your day and have a Happy Easter.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning everybody. I slept like a log last night on wonderful clean sheets that smelled of sunshine after having a really nice afternoon yesterday, happily weeding and strimming. I am sure there are more dandelions this year than normal though.

It's already 11°C and forecast to reach 18°C later. Today I think more weeding, strimming (I've charged the battery), and maybe even a bit of rotovating.

I cleaned out modules and trays last night so I might get round to planting some sweetcorn, courgette and squash seeds later today or tomorrow. I usually aim to plant them out around June 1st, so about 6 weeks time. I have learned my lesson, more or less, about doing it earlier. Mother Nature has had her icy revenge in the past including a very hard frost on May 27th a couple of years ago. Rary, I agree with you. It is amazing how the climate changes throughout the UK and how different the weather can be from year to year. I know that some of my neighbours plant earlier than I do. I am lucky to have my greenhouses to use in May.

I think some washing out in the sunshine next, then a trip to the local allotment association shop and then the allotment.......but another coffee first. Help yourselves.

Comment

• Good morning all and happy Easter.
                    A very dull start to the day and not a sign of the sun.
                    Family visiting today at lunchtime.
                    It's also my sons birthday.
                    Snoop, I didnt see any of the smiles this morning, I think they must have turned back when they saw how dull it was.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,just another day day here,not heard a thing from family,am tryingto busy myself,but have to keep resting up,is nice to see things coming through the compost,it is a real struggle trying to rake,but i do not like being beaten,there are a lot of bits of concrete ext,as i cannot keep bending down,i use the rake to play a golf game with them,onto the path,it is ground that had some shrubs and other stuff in,hence all the debri buried,i will persivere and hope for the best,also want to fill some large pots to plant up,have a good week end all
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        Snoop, I didnt see any of the smiles this morning, I think they must have turned back when they saw how dull it was.
                        I reckon they got stuck at Nicos's, Bramble. I'm pretty sure I overheard them last night in their sleeping bag talking about fudge. Though I could be mistaken. I shall give them a stern talking-to when they get back.

Comment

• Evenin n'alln'all

Overslept then spent the day cooking , eating and nattering.

Sorry about the smiles... they hung around waiting for the midday ringing of the church bells which had just flown all the way back from Rome having been blessed by the Pope.
                          Yup that's the thing in France.
                          The flying bells drop chocolate Easter goodies for good children on their way back and I think the smiles wanted a few tips as to high altitude flying above rain clouds and coping with high UV levels.
                          They did get rather carried away with their nattering and munching on chocolate and I'm afraid to say that a few ate far more than was good for them. One or two turned quite green and alas one was just too heavy to fly
                          After a good nap I did send them off again so they had no other excuses for being late that I can think of.

Must head off to bed now but will see you all in the morning... sleep tight peeps
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, a light rain at present, reading Nicos's post I think she has put her activities in the wrong order, I would bet it should be natter, natter eating and cooking and ofcourse natter​​​​​​
                            Heading over to get some seaweed, so enjoy your day and any who have a holiday from work, just think of the poor pensioners on here who don't get any time off, enjoy t​​​​​​he day

Comment

• Morning all.

Rary, a stroll along a beach counts as a holiday so don't you be pretending to call it work.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning. 9°C and cloudy here. I think we had some rain in the night but no idea how much. Everything is dry again now. I am hoping the weather stays half decent so that I can carry on weeding today. I must get organised.

Well, time to get up and put the coffee on as it doesn't look as if anybody else is going to do it.

Enjoy the Bank holiday! Nicos, keep those smiles under control. I really don't need to see an overweight, drunken, vomiting smile flying past on a Monday morning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X