Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7°C and murky here. The forecast suddenly says an 87% chance of rain by 9am.

If we don't get lots of rain I want to plant some potatoes today. I feel a little bit stiff after yesterday's rotovating but not as bad as expected. Mr GF is still in bed so I don't know how bad he feels yet.

Most of our blossom looks to be on the verge of opening, particularly the plum and the pear. I hope it waits until after the coming cold snap. I saw a great big bee inspecting the pear tree yesterday. The only flowers in my allotment at the moment are daffodils, tulips, rosemary and some rocket that I have left for them. My self seeded poached egg
    plants will be next I think.

Well just turned 9am now and the sky seems to be brightening a little. Happy gardenning everyone.

Update: 9.17 now and drizzling.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 28-03-2022, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      ta muchly to whoever left the mugs of tea for me this morning- much appreciated!

No frost today and it looks like it’s going to be a stonker weather wise.
      Decided to strip the sofa and run the covers through the washing machine and get them line dried before the rains arrive tomorrow. They can’t be tumble dried so that’d be perfect timing.

The decent hot weather has brought out the blossom on all my plum trees which isn’t good news given the frosty weather to come.
      Frustrating seeing the potential crops not even forming isn’t it?
      Having said that…they do look pretty and the bees are making the most of the blossom.

Lots of indoor stuff to get on with now - despite the inviting weather. Maybe I’ll treat myself to an hour just sitting in the sun later if I work very hard before then?

Best get a wiggle on- the washing machine is putting me to shame!

Enjoy your day peeps
      Last edited by Nicos; 28-03-2022, 12:17 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Anyone got a spare, functional back I can borrow please….just until tomorrow?

Yup…overdone it again…but maybe that’s part of the fun of it?…weird but probably correct?
        I can’t be the only one surely?

Comment

• Good evening, weather wise its been a great day, warm and sunny so got a lot of work done, started with walking the dogs then collected some mole hills, made lunch then after lunch sawed up a lot of wood before starting to re ​​​​​
          my enviromesh tunnel, as the bed is now a bit wider I had a lot of adjustments to make, which was quite handy ad I had intended lifting the tunnel a bit higher anyway, though I do have a problem with the mesh as I needed it to be a bit wider have managed to get the bed covered but I think I will be doing a bit of darning tomorrow it was getting to dark to finish off. Need to go running out of power God bless
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have cloud and occasional drizzle. The garden needs this so I won’t complain. But I will about the frosts which are forecast

I’m quite chuffed as yesterday was very productive. Washed and dried all the gites’ curtains, stripped, washed, dried ironed and refitted the sofa covers… waxed the furniture and still managed to get some weeding done.
            Today will be a slower day

Has everyone got used to the change in hour?…I’ve certainly not

Comment

• Good morning. It's a cold, 6°C, morning and foggy with it. We are forecast to get a sunny spell around 6pm.......... just before the rain. The elderly relative in the care home went into hospital last night with sepsis. I'll try and track her down and find out if there is any visiting later. Evidently she does not feel ill but they found out she had it with a blood test. Most of her problems seem to be caused by the knee replacement that she had about ten years ago.

I had a cucumber plant stick it's head up yesterday. I had almost given up hope.

If it warms up a bit I'll have an hour or two at the allotment later. The weather forecast has put me off planting anything yet though.

Comment

• Morning

Cold and foggy here as well early on, its not much warmer but the fogs turned misty instead. It looks my toms etc will be staying on the window sill today unless the temps improve.

Nicos we just ignored the clocks and just ate when we felt hungry doing it that seems to work for us.

Enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

I can't get used to the change in the hour, either, Nicos. And nor can Mr Snoop. He's just told me he'll make me a cup of tea before he heads off to California. Quizzical look from me. Napa Valley, he says.

Even the smiles would have groaned at that. Just as well they're long gone. Avoided the rain too, which has just started. Again. Had hoped to go and making a start on removing the thistles that are growing thick and fast, but no go on that. Just as well I have a bit of work to keep me occupied indoors. With any luck it won't rain much and I can try again tomorrow.

Going to be extremely cold here over the weekend and next week. One of our old pear trees is in blossom at the moment, so no pears from that one this year. Oddly, our quince tree is behaving very differently to in previous years. We've always had blossom before the leaves on it and usually quite late, but this year it's all leaf and no blossom. Maybe the drought since October has persuaded it to conserve its resources. Plenty of water now, so maybe it'll change its mind.

Sorry to hear about your relative, GF. Not good at all. Hope all the Covid sufferers here are doing well and that your sister is continuing to recover, Bramble.

Comment

• Te he Bren…I’d be the size of a house if I ate when I felt hungry!

Comment

• Evening, a big change in the weather today I'm back to wearing my lined walking trousers

No gardening today apart from carrying plants from the house to GH then back again later, but I did go out walking instead. ​​​​​​
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A change here too but not as expected.
                        It started off cloudy but got warmer and more humid and then the sun shone through..until the dark clouds closed in and we had a magnificent thunderstorm. Wow….absolutely brill!
                        That should soften the soil!

Comment

• Good evening, another dry day, though not as warm as previous days, but still nice to get, did some patching of the enviromesh have everything covered but still need to work on the ends, though the ends are shut I am not happy with them I think I will make a movable end piece, something to think on​​​​​​, well enjoy tomorrow even though it's forecasted to be colder, keep yourself and others warm by passing on a smile keep safe, keep smiling and remember to pass on lots of smiles. Goodnight God bless
                          ​​​​​​
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all. It's 4°C and raining here. The temperature is only expected to drop for the rest of the day. It's hard to believe the warmth and sunshine of last week.

I got up at 7am, turned the thermostat up and got back in to read my emails while things warmed up a bit. I had an email from S*****s asking for feedback on my seeds, the ones that took 6 days to arrive. On their email they say I ordered them on March 10th.....a bit weird when I got a confirmation email from them on the 8th estimating despatch within 24 hours. Obviously they twist the facts to suit themselves.

I found out yesterday that my niece, who had the baby last year, has got covid. She did say she thinks she is over the worst....so fingers crossed. I found out as I got an early birthday card from her, but actually not from her....she'd got her mother to send it on her behalf.
                            I also managed to track down the elderly relative in hospital.

Due to the atrocious weather, and forecast for worse to come, I think I'll do a grory hop today and pick up a couple of "Get well soon" cards while I am out and about.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

What a dull start to the day! Very misty, but at least it’s not raining…yet
                              I’ve been watching the birds in the garden whilst supping my tea and there’s been a magpie snapping branches off my wild cherry then coming back for more.

Our forecast looks like we may have snow tomorrow

As an aside…..I can’t put up a link but I was reading that it’s advised that peeps in the uk take and register their meter readings of gas and electricity by tomorrow ( preferably today in case their sites crash) to avoid the new price increases being backdated to the previous meter reading.

Right, best crack on - indoor ‘stuff’ for now…..

Enjoy your day peeps!

Every little helps eh?

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope your elderly relative is OK, GF. And your niece. I'm a bit taken aback by how many of our friends in the UK now have or have recently had Covid. All jabbed up as well. Spain is about to relax its anti-Covid measures too. We might go back to isolating for a bit.

No rain forecast, but the clouds look like they've got other ideas. Better get the dogs walked sharpish.

Have a great day, everyone. Catch you all later. Oh, and if you see the smiles, say hello from me. They were gone so early today I didn't see them before they left.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X