X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Thanks for the burpday wishes …I’ll pass them on

Off out soon in the camper and it’s looking sunny at the moment which is brill.

You do know you’ll be needing yet another freezer don’t you Snoop?.

See ya later peeps!…have a great day.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morninng all

Looking at a pile of flatpack furniture on living room floor which I will attend to today. Couldn't be arrisd lats night so sat down and watched a film instead!

Jobs for today are to clear the living room of flatpack furniture, walk Kato and maybe order some logs?

Retired to the back room with the log burner last night as it was a bait chilly out. Surprised we haven't had a frost yet as it must have come close to it?
      Summat to look forward to on Wednesday is rib-eye steak yum! Probably have new potatoes and asparagus with it as I am a little bit sick of salad and it certainly aint salad weather!

TTFN
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• The forecast for today is cloud all day but at the moment the sun is shining brightly and it looks rather pleasant outside. I slept badly again but the ache in my arm has nearly disappeared.
        Happy birthday Mr Nicos!
        I'm hoping the postie brings me a new handset for the HDD box this morning as the old one is on the verge of giving up the ghost now even after stripping it down again. The three buttons I use most, particularly fast forward (through the adverts and sports pundits) are just about worn out.
        I'm hoping to get a few hours at the allotment today, particularly if the sun keeps disobeying the forecast. Maybe get some washing to dry outdoors too.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          It is the greyest of mornings, so depressing.
          Off out to get my flu jab.

Happy birthday to Mr. Nicos, have a lovely day.
          Will catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.
            I've just finished renewing my mum's disabled parking badge online. I must say it was very simple and easy to do thank goodness, much easier than having to plough through the many pages of the paper form trying to decide which boxes need filling in.

Oh, happy Birthday Mr Nicos

No inkling yet when Mum will get her 'flu jab or booster covid. It's a "don't ring us, we'll ring you" order on the medical centre phone. You'd think at 103 she'd be nearer the front of the queue really...
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mothhawk I renewed my husband's ( age 91 at the time) badge last year. I was amazed how quick and easy it was online too. We had our covid booster this week but when I booked it it said it had to be six months after the second vaccine. We just were within the criteria.
              Today was a very unexpected day. This morning we sort of were going on a preliminary look of cars for sale, particularly estate cars. I realised early on that estate cars were going to be far too low long term for my husband and so our criteria sort of changed.
              We ended up buying a new car, new to us that is, ten years newer than our old faithful. I will never "love" it like the one we have now (Big, big powerful engine and amazing sound system) but it is far more sensible. Maybe this is the way of things to come. A car will just be a thing to get us from A to B. But it is sad to say goodbye to power and noise.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                Today was a very unexpected day. This morning we sort of were going on a preliminary look of cars for sale, particularly estate cars. I realised early on that estate cars were going to be far too low long term for my husband and so our criteria sort of changed.
                We ended up buying a new car, new to us that is, ten years newer than our old faithful. I will never "love" it like the one we have now (Big, big powerful engine and amazing sound system) but it is far more sensible. Maybe this is the way of things to come. A car will just be a thing to get us from A to B. But it is sad to say goodbye to power and noise.
                Hard to say goodbye to a car you love. Mr Snoop still laments the end of his Citroen XM. Very, very occasionally he gets the tyres to squeal on my ancient Vitara. But I never complain, as it brings a wistful smile to his face. Just as well it hardly ever happens, though.

So, it's official: frost on the car windscreen this morning up by the house. A few days earlier than our usual earliest frost and a week or so earlier than recent years. The overnight low for the nearest village was 9 ºC. Definitely much chillier in our valley, then. What a good excuse to light the range when I got up. A bit of a luxury, but firewood is not in short supply this year.

Not sure what today will bring. Bought some spinach and broad bean seeds as green manure yesterday. So clearing a few more beds and sowing those seems like a good idea. Night-time temps due to rise in a few days, so they should at least germinate.

Have a great day, everyone. Far too dark out there for the smiles to see where they're going, but I'm sure they'll head off to see you in a couple of hours or so.

Comment

• Morning All,

Last night was soup making night for me as MrsD was out and i was bored! first time making Cullen Skink - huge success!

Pottery class tonight so i'll go and sit on the beach and read a book while i wait for it to start. there is something so peaceful about sitting on the beach - especially when its poor weather!
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning.
                    It looks like being another fine day here laundry's out and sourdough is proving so I'll be of on the Grory hop later.
                    Some cars just make you smile when you drive them, mine was a little red mini the car we have now is a practical Berlingo seats 5 and with the seats tipped forward we can camping gear and bikes in.

Peteyd I've not had Cullen Skink for ages might have to make it some time soon.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                      nice and sunny here too although there is definitely a chill in the air.

Hibou’s coat has started to thicken so that’s a good indication of lower temperatures.

Yesterday was lovely…..we parked up in the middle of nowhere with fantastic views all around. Not one thought of jobs to do at home - very restful both mentally and physically.
                      Just as we were about to leave a combine drove into the field next to us and started shredding the maize , so we sat and watched them for about an hour. There is something about watching others working isn’t there?

I could do with doing a quick grory hop but we can manage without so I imagine this afternoon will involve collecting plasterboard whilst it’s still dry out there. Don’t need it yet, but there’s no harm in planning ahead!

Petyd…pottery class and beach….sounds wonderful! * wanders off to look up what exactly Cullen Skink is!…..

Comment

• Bren In Pots i did go a bit off-piste with it a bit and blended the soup to quite smooth and then added a bit more haddock at the end.

Nicos basically smoked haddock soup - very hearty and delicious. sort of thing that feels like a warm hug in a bowl
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Afternoon all. Just finished my dinner, or lunch if you are posh!

Its my egg day today so I had a Spanish inspired frittata along with French inspired Lentils. The frittata had a bit of everything in it, six farm eggs,an onion,mushrooms,a courgette,cheese,leftover ham plus one of Kato's chicken legs I roasted for him with the meat removed (I roasted three so he still has two).
                          Just lit the woodburner. I don't know whether because I am getting old I feel the cold more, but still sticking with the shorts for the time being.
                          Had a good session at allotment earlier, emptying car of cardboard and laying it on top of weedy paths. Pulled some beetroot for my next door neighbour and after hoeing area planted 25 red onion sets. Covered them with grass cuttings as a mulch.

Tickled over the border where I had some spuds to make sure I had got them all then dibbered in about 20 leeklets I had waiting in the wings.
                          Tidied up a large Confrey plant. It never ceases to amaze me how much growth it puts on in a season even though I chop it down regularly for fertiliser.

TTFN
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Peteyd I do like blended soups sometimes for a change especially when I come home from a walk freezing there's something soothing about a mug of homemade soup.

Snadger my shorts are away and I doubt they'll be out again this year, mind you it felt that cold out earlier I could have done with my lined trousers.

Sounds like you had a perfect outing Nicos.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              First up?….ok…breakfast trays are outside your bedroom doors - enjoy!

Comment

• We have over 5 dozen eggs again so it’s scrambled egg for me for breakfast and a baking sesh later on today.
                                Did you get your flat packs finished Snadge?

We have to go to a mega DIY store in the next couple of weeks and it’s right near IKEA!…guess where I have every intention of accidentally nipping into? I wonder if they have their Xmas decorations out yet?
                                I was only saying to OH that it’s 6 weeks until the beginning of December ( when we start putting up our decorations) so we really need to crack on with the bedroom renovation so there is no more dust once they go up.
                                Still….there’s plenty of Autumn left to thoroughly enjoy yet!

Enjoy your day peeps- nearly weekend!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X