Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snadger we used to have a Nissan Vannette a long wheelbase hightop it was handy when camping, cycling and carrying stuff around, the heater never worked very well but according to MrPots folks always have wear a coat in winter anyway.
    Nicos there's no rush for us to find a smaller trailer tent we like the one we have its just a bit of the large size for what we need now.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Snadger we used to have a Nissan Vannette a long wheelbase hightop it was handy when camping, cycling and carrying stuff around, the heater never worked very well but according to MrPots folks always have wear a coat in winter anyway.
      Nicos there's no rush for us to find a smaller trailer tent we like the one we have its just a bit of the large size for what we need now.
      Like I used to tell the bairns when they complained of the cold and asked me to put the heating on "Put a jumper on" sez I.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All I will find the time to read what you've been up to! Windy here but fine so far. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all

Same here Flo - windy and mild

Happy Mondays
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Very windy here!…and wet
            Hibou thought twice about going out and after 5 mins was demanding to come back in!

Indoor stuff then today.

Quick grory hop at lunchtime and a drop off at a couple of local clothes and books charity shops.
            OH at tip this afternoon clearing a trailer load of plaster block rubble, and so it will continue for the next few days!
            Our tip is only open on Saturdays ( but not lunchtime) and 3 half days a week….never convenient when you have big jobs on. ( and skips are financially restrictive here)
            Its strange how I took so many of these things for granted ( like late night shopping too for eg) when we lived in the uk.

Time for a brew…help yourselves peeps!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Mr Snoop is off to buy some dog biscuits this morning with a side trip to the tip on the way. The tips here are trying to follow EU legislation but not succeeding very well. One village, population 600, has to replace its gates every few weeks or so because someone keeps removing them. Even CCTV hasn't caught them. They pinch the cameras or cover them up. It's costing the council a fortune.

Full sunshine now, but that thin blue autumn sky earlier. Been looking round the veg patch this morning. I have a few things that I could enter in the best failure Vine show category. But I have to say, I'm not entirely sure what a 'best failure' is. My worst failure? The one I don't mind so much? Anyway, this morning's worst failure was the eight melons that will come to nothing as the leaves have all rotted in the rain and dew.

Even so, the smiles enjoyed the brief tour of the cabbages and caulis. Though we all agreed that my five caulis per season are 25 caulis of the same season. Going to be cauliflower cheese every day in a couple of months or so by the look of it. At which point, they all went flying off in your direction, cackling somewhat evilly at my dilemma.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• We have rain bouncing off the ground here so tell them to bring their brollies Snoop.
                Sou’westers at the least!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. I awoke to the sound of driving rain hitting my bedroom window. We are care home visiting this morning.
                  Yesterday was a good day. Unexpected visitor in the morning who it was really great to see and the meal I cooked in the afternoon was a success. My husband's old friend had seconds of the risotto and was sorry he didn't have room for seconds of the lemon meringue pie. He was more than happy when I gave him another piece to take home with him though and wanted the recipe as well.
                  Even now lockdown is pretty much over it's upsetting how many lonely single old people there are out there. When I took him home afterwards he told me constantly all the way how much he had enjoyed himself. I must try and make more of an effort.

Comment

• Morning all.
                    The day started dry but tremendouly windy, then a short while ago there was a 15 minute downpour, now the sun is out and the sky is clear blue. The roads look almost dry already. Time for a walk then
                    Have a good day all.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Its rained all morning here so the perfect time to stay indoors bake bread and scones, at least the water butts will be full again.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Sun is high in the sky here.
                        People on the beach since early morning.
                        We haven't seen a drop of rain since we arrived almost four weeks ago.
                        However our time is running out now.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,same weather here on and off,the hens not bothered by it,just find the nearest shelter bush or hut,pleased your day went well GF,is a good feeling when you cheer up a person,life feels worth while eh,sounds like some very naughty peeps in spain,as for the cauli could freeze some,as it is or in a cheese sauce ready to go,ref the rain,we did need a bit,have a good afternoon
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• i found a massive beetroot hiding in the veg patch yesterday, might have to crack out the chutney pan later and get it turned into something a bit more palatable.

Hope you've all had a nice Monday
                            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Afternoon, the sun came out after I'd finished baking just in time for us to go a stroll

Peteyd here's a rather nice beetroot and apple chutney recipe I've made it a few times.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...etroot-chutney

Comment

• Good Morning All Bit colder I think. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X