Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We saw their advert on FB Peteyd…there were loads of other on there too.

Most people stick with one supplied ad infinitum, but we used to buy tree trunks and cut and split our own, but it’s getting too hard work at the same time as renovating the house …so we’ve been trying different sources.
    This one jumped out as they said they were sustainable.
    We certainly won’t be recommending them….OH has asked for our money back now….let’s see how that goes

Thanks for the heads up about tomato seeds…that makes seed saving and swapping on here even more important!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening since this morning we've had sunshine so I've been out and about most of the day have to make the most of this shorts weather.

Good to see you lottie xx

Fingers crossed you get the wood situations sorted out Nicos.

Enjoy your evening.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

^^^ Agree about the shorts weather Bren In Pots - looks like today might be the last one for this summer so best make the most of it

Hope the camper viewing went well Snadger and nice to see you again LD.

Kettle's on so help yourselves and enjoy your day
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Had a lovely day yesterday but didn't get all that much done. So plenty to get through today. Due to be cloudy later, but the sun is shining at the moment. Lovely low-lying mist as dew rises as steam.

The smiles went whizzing off today, doubtless to enjoy the view from higher up. Special visit to Lottie on the cards. Lovely to hear from you, LD.

Catch you all later. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning a bit damp out but the suns out now

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
            ^^^ Agree about the shorts weather Bren In Pots - looks like today might be the last one for this summer so best make the most of it
            MrB it does feel like the end of the summer when my shorts go back in the drawer, I'm not like my grandson who wears them all year round

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Thanks for the smiles Snoop - helped motivate me this morning

We’ve had lots of rain overnight so it’s feeling pretty humid this morning.

Not quite sure if we’re about to start knocking out in the bedroom today, or get a bit more gardening sorted whilst it’s not raining.
              No doubt OH will let me know

As you say Bones - might be the last ‘summer’s day clothes’ in the garden so it’d be a pity to be cooped up indoors.
              Ta muchly for the brew - perfect timing!

Enjoy your day peeps - whatever you get up to

Comment

• Oh…and a quick reminder …. Please get your photos posted in our competition - even if you don’t think you’ll win your class, it’s great to share
                Entries close this coming Thursday!

The classes are stickies here…..

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...table-showcase
                Last edited by Nicos; 26-09-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• A bit grey at the moment, I can see only the tiniest patch of blue. I'm going to meet my sister at the allotment at lunchtime and give her more grapes and sweetcorn and apples if she wants them.
                  A friend of my husband is coming for a meal later so I'll be in the kitchen this afternoon. In fact I think I'll make my pastry for lemon meringue pie next and then that's one job done with. I love lemon meringue pie.

Comment

• ^^^ not had one for ages gf!…enjoy!

Comment

• I think Snadge might be in need of some of your smiles Snoop - I just read that AJ lost the fight last night

Lets see if he impulse purchase the camper now….

Comment

• Good morning all,thanks for the smiles snoop they have arrived,mm lemon and meringue,not made one of them for years,must try and get some motivation going,washing machine for a start then take it from there,have a lovely day everyone,heard a whisper,them smiles are in every room,just waiting to pop out,i really hope i can join in the growing again,i need a body in the know to sort out my computor,it runs on linux,and is to complicated for me,that's why i have not posted any pics for a long time,never mind,add it to my list of things to sort x
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Late morning to all!

Nice to see Lottie back on the forum.

I did purchase a doer upper Nicos but before AJ got trashed. I also won at cards so instead of the half a stone of silver I took over to play with I came back with a full stone of silver.
                          The camper I purchased is quite small, its a Nissan Vannette, but I have big plans to rip it apart and reconfigure it for me and Kato. Its got everything I need, including a telly , sink, and hook up cable but I just don't like the way its configured and intend changing it. It also has an elevating roof because I had no fancy for crouching whilst inside. The priority was either an elevating roof or a tall van with room to stand up in. I did look at a transit camper with a high roof but I felt it was too big for what I need. Daughter liked it and family would have liked to borrow it now and again so I hope they aren't too displeased?

The Nissan is a lot smaller so I will probably keep my little Corsa as well. A bigger, more expensive camper would have meant ditching my everyday car to make it feasible.
                          The reason I am a late riser this morning is because stopping up to watch the AJ fight then driving back 30 mile. Sitting at 2.30am this morning going through insurance quotes!
                          I also came back from son's with a water butt he didn't want so thats in the back of the car and will be taken to allotment later to go at the end of my greenhouse. No doubt I will also find summat to do when I am there also!

TTFN
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Brill news Snadge…lots of adventures ahead of you now!….the first one is designing and updating the camper to your taste/needs!
                            Now we just need Bren to find her camper trailer, and me to get our camper sorted

Anyone else thinking of getting a camper?

It’s pouring down here now, so indoor ‘stuff’ today for us.

Comment

• Great news, Snadger. Two wins for you, even if AJ lost.

A Nissan Vanette is perfect for one man and his dog. Sounds just the job.

Comment

• Well, so far the day had not gone to plan. An old friend called round before 10AM and has only just left, it disrupted my jobs a bit but it was really nice to see him. I have just amazed both him and me. He couldn't remember what his password was for an ancient account (well over 10 years old) on the internet, but he had a feeling I helped him set it up. I immediately asked him what his dogs name was at the time because something in the depths of my brain was ringing bells that one of his passwords was his dogs name plus 123 or 1234. We carried on chatting and half an hour later I suddenly said "What about Snoopy?". Evidently, although I didn't know it at the time and he had just told me to use it, that was the name of another old pet, his guinea pig. As soon as I said it he even knew where the capitals went and additional numbers, etc. I am hopeful he goes home and one or the other works. I then started thinking about other things that I had set up on computers for varying relatives. It was amazing how many passwords I still knew, or knew how to get them, such as knowing one was the name of the first ship a relative had sailed on in the navy. I do often think that my memory is getting worse as I get older but obviously some things are still loitering in the depths. By the way I did always tell these people to change their password after I had gone but they rarely did.
                                Off to the allotment now and to deliver a mobile phone to another elderly relative that I bought for him yesterday and have charged and set up, and then back to cook a meal. The sun is shining now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X