This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All,

Lovely day here today, sounds like i'm hogging all the good weather!

Busy weekend ahead, need to get the garage sorted so will need to book a tip slot.

Happy Friday all!
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Ok!… very happy - the bedroom is cleared!

Now got to measure up and sort out what we need firstly for the knocking out, then making good, then recreating….

And for anyone wondering….nope, the firewood still isn’t here.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening

A few spots of rain this morning then sunshine all day, Chutneys made and apples all dehydrated I did a fair bit in the garden as well clearing away things that's finished or bolted.

Did your firewood arrive Nicos?
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Alas no Bren….been hanging around all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Alas no Bren….been hanging around all day.
            That's not good don't they realise most people buy wood based on recommendations.

Comment

• Morning all

Warm and overcast here (16 degs)

Happy Saturdays, kettle's on
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all

Dog walking first then visit to Doc's for flu jab. After that going to look at a camper van with a view to purchasing.

After that off to youngest Sons house for a family get together and a card game.I have a tub full of silver ready to donate to the cause.
                AJ is fighting later which I would like to watch but I have ditched SKY TV and may just finish up listening to the fight on the radio! We shall see. My Son is ordering the fight but I don't really want to leave Kato for that amount of time!

TTFN
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning a bit of a dull day here, but a bacon and tomato cob soon cheered me up

Snadger good luck in your camper van search, we're looking for a smaller trailer tent not spotted what we're after yet though.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all.

It rained a fair bit early this morning but nice and sunny since then. The smiles went skipping off (odd to see, skipping and flying at the same time), so should have got to you easily by now.

Good luck with the camper van and the card game, Snadger. Hope it's your lucky day on both fronts.

Sorry to hear about the firewood, Nicos. I still haven't got any...

Busy but pleasurable day ahead today. Going to bring a bit of reality to my bun-making by listing all my trays and tins so I don't buy any duplicates and to put myself off buying more. Also, going to have fun in the kitchen. The sun is out so the food mixer can come out to play.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning everybody. Grey and very murky here, but 18°C already. There is just a hint that the sun is trying to poke it's head out. Off to visit one of the in-laws this morning to sort out his phone and a few other odd jobs and take him some of the cottage pie I made yesterday.
                      Off to the allotment later hopefully.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Another sunny morning here.
                        Thunderstorm was forecast but never materialised.
                        Went clothes shopping and bought my grandson some winter clothes.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have sunshine too What a lovely start to the weekend!

Still no contact from the wood guy…not picking up his phone .

Enjoy the fight Snadge…I had to goooogle who AJ is.
                          Hopefully when you have the camper ( fingers crossed with this viewing!) you’ll be able to leave Kato in the van parked in the driveway for the next time and just pop out to see him.
                          My granny was 4ft 10” and a really quiet lady but , apart from knitting blankets for charity , her other hobby was watching tag wrestling! on the TV..She loved it and would shout out to them . I think that’s the only time I ever saw her with any obvious signs of Adrenalin
                          in her system

I saw on the news that a cloud of Sulphur dioxide has travelled from the volcanic eruption and has travelled across Snoops area of Spain and now affecting the south of France. Acidic rain apparently. Have you noticed any dust or anything Snoop?

Right…just finished brunch of egg and smoked herring and off to help OH cut up and rip out the padded Lino-type bedroom flooring. (Always hated it but it was brand new when we moved in and did the job.)Hopefully we can get that to the tip this afternoon!

Next move is the false ceiling (back to the rafters) and false inner walls along with ( if it’s anything like the other bedrooms) fibreglass insulation covered in mouse and rat poop)
                          Not looking forward to that one bit tbh.

We’ve stuck the phone camera up into the roof space and the oak timber A frame look in fantastic condition so we’re very excited to get them exposed and sanded down . That part of the house was built in the late 1600’s early 1700’s and the bedroom was an open hay storage area for the cows.

Best crack on!…
                          Enjoy your day peeps - see you later, and ta muchly for the brew Bones

Comment

• HI all,hope everyone is well,sorry not been in for a few weeks,life and emotions seem to take over,it is nice having family near by,the new kitchen is coming along nicely,i really miss a double oven,i hate with avengence,what i have inherited on purchase,not only got to bend right down,no thermostat markings,and a B to ignite,i will be glad when the place is sorted,as it will then turn into a home,am so looking forwards to getting into the garden next year,at present,the girls are free roaming it,and having a high old time ,hope snadger is ok,will have to go have a quick look back at pages,anyhoo,have a lovely day all
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lovely to see you lottie - you’ll get there in the end!

Comment

• Evening all,

glorious day here today. have tried to play in the garden with my son today.

i had an email from suttons yesterday with a few different types of tomatoes with a little note saying that due to the import issues, they wont be getting more until next june... not sure if its really as bad as that but just a heads up really!

Everyone you speak to about firewood always wants to know where you get it from, you very rarely see it advertised so it must be done by word of mouth. and I'm guessing Nicos, the word from your mouth wont be overly positive!
                                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                                - Henry Beard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X