Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meant to say gf that I’ve used orange juice in jam before now ( Tropicana) and it works well in a jelly , although it gives a more cloudy appearance.
    Last edited by Nicos; 18-09-2021, 09:05 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
      it was a proper autumn start to the day, absolutely no breeze, and a soft mist rising through the trees. The top of the hill at the end of the village rose out of a misty white blanket. Sun's out now, looks like it will be hot again. I'd better go and hang out the last load of washing.

Then a fresh brew. Anyone care to join me? The house is still a no cake no biscuit zone, so you'll have to bring your own.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        I had never heard of a spider ladder. If I spot one stuck in the bath and I don't need to use it urgently I generally just grab something out of the wash basket and dangle it over the side and let it climb out in it's own time. If I 'm in a hurry I'll bunch something up and scoop it up.
        Greenishfing our spider ladder is looped over the taps it stays there only getting removed while the bathroom get cleaned. I've never spotted a spider in the bath thats why I'm convinced they work.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

stupidly early start to the day for a Sunday…Ah well , at least Hibou got her way and went out.
          Maybe the fact that it’s started raining might make her regret that decision!

OH is playing his bodhran with his band/ group this morning at an open air market ( that’s if it stops raining!)
          Either way I’m going to start moving boxes out of our old bedroom today in preparation for ripping it apart.

I’ve just made a brew if anyone is fancying one….but I’m tiptoeing around so as not to disturb anyone…..

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all

I'll take you up on that offer Nicos

Was originally forecast that we'd be in for heavy rain today but it seems to have all changed now.
            Off visiting relatives in North Lincoln today..

Enjoy your Sunday
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all. You weren't tiptoeing quietly enough Nicos. I'm wide awake too early too. According to yesterday's forecast for today it should be tippling it down already, but no, not raining and now none forecast for today. Hopefully this means my sister will be visiting the allotment later. I just wish the weatherman would get a new crystal ball.

Comment

• Ooops - sorry gf

BUT….you should forgive me….It’s looking like I’ve got all the rain
                Its so heavy that it’s dark enough for an owl to be hooting as I speak

You’re welcome

Comment

• Morning all

'Reveal' party went well and it appears I am to have another Grandaughter to add to the clan. It was nice to see both sides of the family, some of which I had never met before!
                  Anyway, onward and upwards. Might go car booting today, it depends on the weather? I have a herby spatchcock chicken for Sunday lunch so will have to time the cooking to tie in with either a morning or afternnon car boot sale? The afternoon one is indoors so looking out the window I am undecided which one to go to yet. Decisions, decisions? I've got a cabbage, onions,French beans and a cauli from allotment to go with chicken and I may tip out the last bucket of Charlotte spuds as well.

TTFN
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• You are forgiven, Nicos. You can keep the rain for today, mind you the weatherman has got time to change his mind again later. It does look very miserable outside but I'm warm and cosy and my caffeine is now reaching an acceptable level. Another coffee and I'm set for the day.

Comment

• Morning all.
                      Another brew anyone? Not coffee though GF, sorry. I've managed to successfully give it up, and really not missing it at all. So it'll be tea, green tea, or mint tea, take your choice.

No car boots round here again yet, Snadge. Enjoy yours

Have a good Sunday all.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Car boot sales... That's a blast from the past. Mr Snoop used to love them. Just before lock-down, we discovered that some Brits organised one relatively close to us, but we never got to go. The Covid figures are improving here, so maybe we'll all get back to some semblance of normality soon. I don't think Mr Snoop would be able to resist a car boot sale.

No rain forecast here today. And due to be relatively breezy. Will give everything a good water, as we're due to bring water up from the well today.

Discovered yesterday that something is now eating my red chillies. Only the red ones. Find that very hard to believe but there were only three when there should have been plenty. Enough to put together for a photo for the Vine show in any event. Harrumph and double harrumph.

Right, better get on with the day. Thanks for the extra brew, guys. Put an extra smile on my face. Sending lots more back your way.

Have a great one, everyone. Eat some courgettes for me.

Comment

• Morning

I've bought lots of interesting things from car boots over the years I like the randomness of them, they're a bit like charity shops but much larger.

Went out for the day yesterday to Elvaston Castle Woodland Festival all outdoors organised by the Council so hand sanitizer stations and plenty of space to look around at the exhibits, stalls and demos. plus things to have a go at like pole lathe and willow work.

It looks like todays heavy rain has been downgraded to a couple of spells of light rain.

Enjoy your day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, dull again this morning but I think it’s to brighten up later. It poured during the night though.
                            Congratulations Snadger on your forthcoming granddaughter, how exciting. These reveal parties seem to be a thing from America…much rather have the surprise myself.
                            Anyhoo, enjoy your Sunday folks, catch you later.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Beautiful sunny day here so we will probably go to the beach.

Car boot sales, I just love them, it's like Alladins cave, you never know what you might find.
                              My daughter did bead work for years and always went to sell her craft work there,
                              Happy Sunday and have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning All,

Lovely day here today. have been for a swim, now planning on what to have for lunch before i tackle the grass!

Apologies for the Radio Silence for the past week or so. Life sometimes has a nasty habit of getting in the way!

Hope all have been keeping well and are fighting fit for the week ahead.

Enjoy your Sunday Folks
                                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                                - Henry Beard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X