This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

First up?…best get that kettle on pronto!

Another hot day ahead.
    We got out a very old ,small paddling pool yesterday to check it still inflated. ( charity shop drop off again tomorrow)
    …you can see where this is going cant you

Yes, so there we both were sat in a tiny paddling pool keeping cool yesterday

It was absolutely brill. Needless to say, it won’t be going with us to the shop tomorrow Thank goodness we have the excuse now of needing to keep it for when our granddaughter eventually visits!.
    Seeing as it’s only about 20 feet away from one of the potagers , I’ll not have any guilt giving that a darned good water when we eventually empty it.

Interestingly as I poured the first watering can of water into it a bee landed and had a drink. That just strengthens my resolve to create a shallow pond when we redo the patio.

Snoop - have you frozen any figs?
    We stayed in a BnB a few years ago and the owner pressed us to take away as many as possible, so we did and froze them . Just a gentle heating in the microwave and filled silicone bun trays with them. It was great adding then to different sweet and savoury dishes throughout the winter. Normally they are too expensive here to buy in bulk like that.

gf - glad it wasn’t a problem with your bread maker - that’s a relief!
    I checked again yesterday and still no sign of wild blackberries maybe this mini heatwave will bring them on?

See ya later peeps….
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all.

Love the sound of that paddling pool
      Went for a walk in Clumber yesterday, hardly anyone about which is just how we like it, pity the walled gardens are still closed.
      Might pop to the garden centre later to see if the overwintering onion sets are in yet.

Enjoy your day
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all, all this talk of figs is making me hopeful that mine might ripen. They were late forming this year but are now mostly full size but still green and hard. I absolutely love them but never tasted a fresh one until I was on my thirties. I am quite surprised that they put up with the Yorkshire weather.
        The year seems to have flown. Hard to believe I am already preparing a bed for next year's onions and garlic. My garlic this year was, for the first time ever, an abject failure and rotted instead of growing. Not one solitary head.
        Beautiful morning again but I must visit the supermarket today as I'm just about out of the staples of life: milk, cream etc. I cannot stand long life milk.

Comment

• Morning all.

Coffee, anyone? Mr Snoop has volunteered to make it this morning.

No, Nicos, no figs frozen so far. Still early days yet. I freeze them uncooked. Lovely in tagines or with duck, for example. Woke up thinking about fig tarte tatin with Danish pastry dough. So I reckon it's going to happen at the weekend. Got lots of ground almonds as well, so could even make a bit of marzipan. Just as well we've got lots of friends who'll take slices off us!

Cloudy and quite cool this morning. Looks like it might stay that way for the next ten days or so, with a bit of rain here and there. The snails will love it. I haven't really been paying attention to the cabbages and caulis since the rain. But I decided to water them yesterday. Should have been keeping my eye on things. Pretty much all that's left is green lacy bits. Pah! There are even more slugs and snails now than in the spring. Mr Snoop is off out this morning and has volunteered to bring back some cheap beer for saucers. Only problem is there are quite a few very small toads in the veg patch, not enough evidently to clear all the slugs, and I just hope they don't get drunk and topple in.

Bit of work and maybe some more tidying on the cards for today. Mr Snoop off out to help some friends. Supper up the valley, so a night off the cooking, thank goodness.

Smiles not sure what to make of the weather. But I've told them about your paddling pool, Nicos, so you can expect a few round your way. And I'm sure they'll head on further northwards from there.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all

Had Kato out fishing with me with a long drive to Kielder Reservoir yesterday . Boy did good travelling so its looking better for me acquiring a camper for extended drives and possibly nights away!
            Strange how some people can be affected by the 'Kielder midge' and not others? I was unbothered with them but other members of the family were bitten to bits!
            Anyway, lawn to cut and bag up for allotment today and hopefully get a bit of blacksmithing done as it looks like it is going to be a nice day!

TTFN
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good boy Kato…good boy xxxx
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here

Enjoy your paddling pool Nicos I feel a little bit envious the closest thing we have is either a tin bath, or a dingy that we once filled for our grandkids to sit in.

Enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good news about Kato, Snadger. I'm intrigued by the blacksmithing. What kind of things do you make?

Comment

• Good Morning All It's dark but very. Very warm. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

15 degs and forecast for another hot one (hit 28 yesterday and humid with it). Could be a splash or rain for tomorrow so might get the hedge cut today.

have a good one - Kettle's on
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        Good news about Kato, Snadger. I'm intrigued by the blacksmithing. What kind of things do you make?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	UDVD9148.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	2532776
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• The above are gates and fences I have made for my front door. I am on making roses for a project just now and am half way through a dog sculpture.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            The above are gates and fences I have made for my front door. I am on making roses for a project just now and am half way through a dog sculpture.
                            They look superb Snadger - nice craftsmanship
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              The above are gates and fences I have made for my front door. I am on making roses for a project just now and am half way through a dog sculpture.
                              They are a real work of art. Brilliant!

Comment

• I got woken up with a big kick this morning. My husband's excuse, he didn't think I was there. He thought I'd already got up. I suppose this proves that the thick bedroom curtains are doing there job as the sun is out already and it's very bright. However I believe today is supposed to be the last day of the current mini heatwave. Better make the most of it. I need to do more strimming while it is dry.
                                Off to the allotment soon. My husband is going to the surgery this afternoon for his ears syringing. Maybe tomorrow morning he will hear me!
                                My Black Hamburg grapes are giving lots of fruit now. I am giving bunches and bunches of them away. I wish I could keep them for Winter. I did try making grape jelly one year and it was disgusting. I've also frozen some in the past to use as ice cubes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X