This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Dog walk,shopping and allotment on the cards for today in that order.Weather permitting of course.

TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning we have rain so will have to alter today plans, I did get rather wet picking my morning raspberries in my PJ's

Enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It is raining here, a drizzly miserable sort of rain. So supermarket this morning I think and a trip to the allotment later when the rain stops.
        We went hospital visiting yesterday and they let two of us in to see my sister-in-law. Due to covid and one visitor policy although I had taken my husband I hadn't seen her for several weeks. The only good thing was that she recognised me and was overjoyed to see me. The staff were really nice and kind however.

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad you got to see your sister-in-law, GF. Difficult times. Hope she's coping.

As for the mince pies, I have to say the smiles are looking a bit guilty, Nicos. But they refute the charge. They claim they were only in the vicinity to wind Hibou up by flitting around her head while she was trying to nap. They claim to have seen the culprit, though, but promise not to give the game away.

It absolutely pelted down yesterday. Short but vicious, was Mr Snoop's verdict. 38 mm/litres in what felt like next to no time. No need to water anything today. We were forecast 4.4 mm. Today only 1 or so this afternoon. Fingers crossed we don't get another repeat of yesterday. The volume of rain would be welcome, but over a longer period of time.

Right, on with the work show. Have a great day, everyone. Smiles on the wing. Just don't leave any mince pies out, just in case.

Comment

• Gf…that’s fantastic news about your SIL…nothing so touching as seeing someone else’s face light up when they see you xx

Snoop - I still can’t get my head around mm of rain/ litre. Is is that mm depth in a one litre cube?
            My head is automatically set to inches in any container be it a test tube, wheelbarrow, bucket….

Its warm and windy here…I’ve had to clean the windows as there is a thick layer of dust - usually the Saharan dust is pale - this is quite dark! So no idea where that has come from. ( and nope - this was before I lit the wood fire for the first time)
            Combine harvesters maybe? - it has been dry and dusty recently. I’m guessing it’s that.

Enjoy your day peeps
            Hope you manage to get to the lottie Snadge!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning dull this morning, they keep promising sun but it has yet to appear!
              Nothing much on the cards here today…maybe, and note I said maybe, some ironing!
              Have a great day everyone, off toy shopping for my granddaughter! Yay!! Only online though, I have my orders!
              sigpic

Comment

• Good morning al
                Some shopping this morning and perhaps a walk.
                I need to tidy up the garden and dead head the flowers this afternoon.
                An ordinary day.
                Have a good one. l

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Snoop - I still can’t get my head around mm of rain/ litre. Is is that mm depth in a one litre cube?
                  My head is automatically set to inches in any container be it a test tube, wheelbarrow, bucket….
                  !
                  Yes, here they measure litres per square metre, but I believe in the UK they measure mm these days. Clearly France is aberrant in opting for inches!

One litre is the same as 1 mm. So 38 litres is the same as 38 mm or just under 1.5 inches. Not much I guess, but quite destructive because it fell so hard. No idea how long because I was out getting drenched trying to dig channels. I once saw 60 litres/60 mm/just over 2.25 inches in 45 minutes. At times, it was like a curtain of water.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 31-08-2021, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark at this time but dry and a tad warmer. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all

White rabbits
                      Pinch-a-punch
                      Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness

Happy September
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Goodness, Mr Bones, that's the year nearly gone. No mellow fruitfulness at the moment, but it is misty out there. It rained in the night. More due today and for the next ten days or so.

A bit of work on the cards this morning. Some tidying this afternoon.

The smiles are a bit discombobulated this morning but I've told them they're on their honour today and that they've got to make special deliveries, including a big one to Burnie.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all

A cold and wet start to September here.
                          First job this morning is to have a look and see if I can do anything with my electric hob. When I flick the switch on the wall which also controls the oven and grill one of the rings comes on and stays on. This means I can't use the oven without the largest ring glowing which is no good. The circuit board under the rings will probably be shot, but until I get a new hob ordered I will try and disconnect that single ring so that I ca at least use the others? Here's hoping!

TTFN
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

September finally!…. Not that I wanted it to be September but for the past couple of weeks its certainly felt like it.

The upside is that the lawns are just about stretching to once a week cuts now. Every 5 days was exhausting given that they are more than an 8 km walk each time.

How frustrating about your hob Snadge - best to be safe though - no point in it being a potential fire risk even if you can ‘fix’ it on a temporary basis.

OH is off playing his Bodhran today with the local small Irish Band - first a rehearsal , then an outdoor event with about 20 people. He’s really missed doing it over the months. N95 masks. I’ll be keeping away

Thanks for explaining the water Snoop - that’s a heck of a lot!

Another gardening day for me - probably sorting out pots and more cutting back. I can see another wood chipping sesh on the horizon!

Enjoy your day peeps. Porridge for breakfast - must be autumn
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning its September already my Cucs and courgettes are slowing down but hopefully my toms will carry on ripening.
                              Not a bad day here just a bit dull but no rain due, not put my shorts away just yet
                              Good luck with your hob Snadger.

Enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Another grey day. For some unknown reason I just feel really "down" today. Maybe the thought of heading back into the dark months. Summer has seemed so short this year. Hopefully a few hours weeding and harvesting will cheer me up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X