X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

If it’s any consolation, it’s been raining here too

Yesterday started off similar but by mid afternoon the sun came out and it was lovely right through to late evening - so I can’t complain!

Indoor chores call here too…The washing machine and tumble dryer are earning their keep, as is the dishwasher.
    Now where did I put that feather duster? ( steady on lads)….the spiders seem to be heading back indoors again - a sure sign summer is coming to an end.

Ta muchly for the smiles Snoop, I did see a fair few flying North a while back…..
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
      thanks for the sparkly smiles, Snoop, feeling a lot more cheerful and energetic today, even though it's a drizzly one. I actually like rain. Sometimes a rainy walk is lovely, especially when you get home and get warm and dry again. Have a lovely weekend, everyone.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all

Raining here too so tidying a few bits in the bathroom that the workmen left tatty. It's starting to feel better already

Glad you're feeling more cheerful today MH, it's amazing what a few smiles can achieve
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Afternoon it’s rained on and of since my last post just now it’s raining again. I jumped on my mini trampoline instead of going a walk it’s not the same though.
          Did get runners and french bean picked passing some over for my neighbour.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
            Well we had a great day even though it was drizzley early in the day.
            Mid afternoon we had a major downpour with thunder and lightening.
            At that stage there was no further play with lightening about.
            We had four large canopies so retired there for teak cake and sandwiches.
            Of course the rin has stopped now that the day is over.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Pity about the rain bramble - will you be carrying it on at a later date?

As soon as I’d finished the washing and drying the sun came out!
              At least I managed to do some more weeding.
              Never had so many weeds in the gravel - ever!!! Pulled out nice and easily though so I made good inroads into them.

Back in the 80’s MH, I used to love getting wet in the rain…it refreshed my perm!

Bones…when are you hoping they’ll all be gone? It must be looking fantastic by now!

Bren - how long do you bounce for?…I’ve often wondered. Do you watch a film or play music as a distraction?

I’ve just noticed - it’s almost full moon time again - tomorrow maybe? See you tomorrow peeps - nothing planned for me but OH is defrosting a big chunk of beef so I imagine some serious munching will be involved!

Sleep well peeps!

Comment

• Pah…blinking fullmoon
                I can’t be the only one whose sleep is affected ….surely?
                I suppose it’s preferable though to turning into a werewolf!

Comment

• I 've been wide awake for ages but can't blame the moon, too cloudy to see it here. I'm still in bed at the moment but the thought of a nice mug of coffee is slowly getting more alluring. Looks as if we might be hospital visiting later today.

Comment

• Yet another dull and dreary day today.

We had a little bird in the greenhouse yesterday, it genuinely seemed rather content at pecking around at the tomato plants...

Hope you all manage to stay dry today! (or wet if that helps your hair!)
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all

A bit drab here today but hopefully it will get out? Pork joint defrosted overnight so that with a pile of veg from the allotment will do nicely for Sunday dinner.
                      Nothing planned for today but I would like to sneak a couple of hours fishing in if weather brightens up.
                      Bought a reduced price (£8.99 from £17.99) trellis and planter which needs a assembling so thats a small job that needs doing. Of course cardboard packaging will find its way to allotment!

TTFN
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning its fine just now but rain later, no real plans today I just need some veg from the garden.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Bren - how long do you bounce for?…I’ve often wondered. Do you watch a film or play music as a distraction?
                        Nicos its usually for 20 mins I set my timer and stick some music on, the time does go quick.

Does anyone else use a mini trampoline ?

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all.

No mini trampoline here, though I have a dim and distant memory of someone trying to give me one once. Nowhere for it to go, though. Not the kind of thing you can have in a flat with a slippery tiled floor and a sloping outside tiled terrace. It did sound like a lot of fun, though.

Good start to the day. Had a lovely walk with the dogs and Frankie. Frankie is starting to think he might be a dog. Very funny. Definitely growing up. He's got a good mental map of the place now and is keen to expand his territory. Penny used to walk for miles with Mr Snoop and the dogs, but she's getting a bit old for that now. Frankie might be up for it in a few months. Still a bit small and the daytime temps are too hot.

Have just posted on the cooking thread. Looks like I've set myself rather a few kitchen chores today. Not sure if they'll all get done, but keen to get at least some finished.

The smiles have been hanging around to see if there's any chance they might get a Cornish fairing off me. I've told them they're in the tin by the kettle, so that's where you'll spot them. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            A very dull and drab start to the day.
                            No plans other than grandson is coming for lunch.

Nicos, no chance of continuing the competition, just one of those things.

Dont own a trampoline but grandson has a huge one in his garden so I go on it when I can.

Hopefully going BlackBerry picking if it doesn't rain.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I checked out our local wild blackberries and they are the same as those in my garden. Still in flower with hard,petit pois sized, green berries. No chance of them ripening for ages!

Good bargain there Snadge!…everyone loves a bargain! Hope you get some fishing in….might that be supper for you tomorrow ?

Peteyd….Let’s hope your little bird tucked into lots of juicy grubs! Can’t blame it wanting to be under shelter from the weather

Jay - was it a reused jam jar for your chutney? I found that second hand lids sometimes let me down…miss shaped maybe ?
                              If you used glass jars with new rubber seals, my failures tended to be overfilling. But whatever happened, what did you end up doing?
                              Hope you rescued it!

sorry folks but I seem to be hogging the sunshine at the moment so I’m back off out into the garden whilst it lasts.
                              OH made fluffy American pancakes for breakfast - I just hope I can bend over enough to garden

See ya later peeps! Enjoy your day ( oh and thanks for the Smiles Snoop - I think the ones which arrived here must have been dieting, hence escaping the temptation of your Cornish fairings . They were rolling around on their backs crying with laughter when I offered them pancakes instead )

Comment

• Afternoon, there’s not been as much rain as predicted so I’ve spent time outdoors instead.

Bramble our grandkids also used to have a garden trampoline when they were younger it was great fun and soon tired them out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X