• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Much the same weather as yesterday. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon’all

Got up especially to leave you a nice hot cuppa - did you find it?

Off out at lunchtime for a grory hop so I’m making my list. I’m clearly eating far too many home baked things as I keep running out of butter
      Apart from that I’ve no other plans, but as it’s not raining I think it’ll be a day in the garden again….yipppe!

I’m with you both Jay and Bramble about mental health and this darned virus, particularly before I managed to get over to see my family. I just had ‘empty days’ where it was hard to self motivate. We really need to be kind to ourselves, as well as each other…but it can be a challenge cant it?
      Its important to realise we’re all important and special in so many ways even if at times we don’t feel it.
      These are not normal times and we need to help each other.
      Thank goodness for Snoops smiles - I ‘m doing my best to share them!
      Last edited by Nicos; 05-08-2021, 05:14 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Bright here too, possibility of a splash this evening but we'll see..

Hope you're feeling more with it today Jay.

Plumbers were at it until 9.00 last night.. that's what happens when you leave the apprentice alone for two days, ripping everything out. He called for back up at 6.00 and three more men arrived. The plasterers arrive today and it had to be ready for them.
        Two of my neighbours are also having building work done at the moment (unlucky timing) so daytime parking is rather awkward. Consequently I'm taking the car to the allotment and keeping out of the way for most of the day. It's starting to wear a bit thin now.

Any way.. time to get the kettle on - help yourselves
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• You got in quick while I was typing Nicos.. good morning to you
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin Bones …I think I’m getting better at pottering around quietly first thing!
            All your mess etc will be more than worth it once it’s finished… honest!

Comment

• Morning all

Managed to sneak another hours weeding at the allotment.

I think I've been getting payback for all the apples I scrumped as a youngun. Someone has came and wiped out every gooseberry I had on three bushes and trampled all over the plot.Must admit they aren't a great loss as I still have goosegogs in the freezer from last years crop!
              I have the majority of my leeks and onions weeded now on the left side of my plot which is practically weed free,so will need to make a start on the right side.

TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning

A grory hop here as well Nicos I've got my list that I more or less stick to, unless I spot a bargain.

Not good is it Snadger trampling over someones plot that must cause more damage than the actual theft.

Enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Flipping ‘eck Snadge…that’s not on

Comment

• Thank you all for your kind words. I think you are right bramble although I’ve been fine throughout lockdown I’m feeling it a bit now we are coming out. I’ll be fine I’m sure, just missing family etc. x

Morning everyone, dull and breezy this morning, thermometer says it’s 18 degrees but it feels cooler. Lots of housework to be getting on with as I’ve done nothing the past couple of days...first a cuppa, join me if you like. Have a great day x
                    Last edited by Jay22; 05-08-2021, 09:04 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Right, I've been out and got a huge box of eclairs and assorted other cream buns and cakes. Not homemade, I'm afraid, as I didn't have time. But I reckon what with Nicos's tea and these cakes and our general natter, we can help each other out. This is a really good place for support. You lot and Mr Snoop really keep me going when I'm low. I'll put some coffee on too, as I'm more up for that now than tea to be honest.

While I'm at it though, I've got a request. Leave me a chocolate eclair. I haven't had one of those for twenty years.

Smiles very excited at the idea of cakes. Not easy to get hold of. But I bet if you take a cake, you'll get a load come flying in your direction.

Comment

• That’s terrible Snadger, what gets into people?!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Well you could be forgiven for thinking it's a winter's day here.
                          Lashing rain, driving wind and its dull enough to turn the light on.
                          It will obviously be an indoor day today,
                          Picking my grandson up from cresh this afternoon so looking forward to that.

The cakes, the smiles and looking out for each other all helps.
                          Have a good day all and hope you feel more upbeat today Jay.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I haven't had any gas for over 24 hours.......no hot water, cooker or central heating (not that that was important). Happy to say it is now sorted. Last night I made the whole meal in the little tabletop halogen oven and microwave and had to boil the kettle to wash up. I moaned until I remembered some of the primitive conditions I've lived with in the past. I must be getting old and set in my ways.

Comment

• Had a very busy morning and have given Mr Snoop a very busy afternoon.

Went out to have a look at the squash first thing. Four female flowers! Couldn't believe it. And next to no bees, it was that early. Then off out with the dogs and Frankie. Did a detour via our plum trees. Not a single fruit on them due to the cold spell in late winter, early spring. The grapes are looking good though. Might actually put some of them in paper bags this year to ensure we get some and they don't all get scoffed by blackbirds. Then off to check the pears. Picked a few kilos of ercolini and tried one of the limonero. The ercolini are just right: quite firm but sweet (almost honeyed) and fine-grained. The limoneros aren't ready, but the birds are still making holes in them and the wasps are making the most of them. Something has come down from the woodland to eat them too. All the low ones are gone and there's a trail through the long grass. Not one of our dogs, a fox or small boar perhaps. I reckon a frangipane tart might on the cards with some of the ercolini, others poached in wine, and the rest eaten as are. Still some left on the tree, but not many.

The other day I suggested we might consider moving some shelves. I thought this would make more room for all my bun trays and other kitchen accoutrements, but it hasn't really, as a big table has been moved to make way for the shelves. So, not much more room than I already had. Hmm. There are more cake tins coming... Mr Snoop said rather pointedly, "we've got too much stuff". Whereas I'm feeling a bit Learish: "reason not the need". Anyway, he's been doing a lot of banging and cursing this afternoon. Doubtless I'll be doing the same later when I try and fit everything in.

It's very hot and windy out today, mid to top 30s again and blowing a gale. Glad I'm not a tomato plant. Among other things. Hope you all have a good rest of the afternoon.

Comment

• Morning all

Had some proper serious rain late yesterday afternoon which continued well into the night. Everything should be thoroughly watered now and the barrels topped up too.
                                Plasterers part two today, should be here by eight.
                                Shame the fruit thieves did so much trampling Snadger, it's bad enough losing your crop.

Enjoy your day
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X