Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Dull here too and showers forecast. Pan's on for FEB. Have a lovely Sunday. I'm on leave all next week and determined to have a good rest. Here's hoping
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

A good find with that wood Snadge, I walked past a house that was un-wrapping new internal doors 6 of them after a quick chat I ended up with enough card board to cover my veg plot.

Enjoy your Sunday
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all,
        The sun is still shining here but it's a little cooler.
        Plants all watered and sone deadheading done.
        No plans for the day other than grandson coming for lunch.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

only just made that in time!

nicer day today, more like a typical English summer day.

Thanks for the heads up about you being off next week Flo….I’ll hunt out me brollies!

Just having a quick brew then back to the graft.
          Good news about pallets and cardboard….

see ya later peeps!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening!
            Got rained off so made the most of the cooler weather and did some baking and then accidentally had a bit more than ‘40 winks’ as my grandpa would call it
            Dont normally have a snooze in the afternoon so that was unusual….is that me getting into ‘grandma mode’?
            Hope everyone is having a good weekend? We had a lovely chat with our granddaughter this morning…awwww….
            Last edited by Nicos; 25-07-2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Good evening all.
              It was a beautiful sunny day.
              Had grandson for lunch and we sat outside doing the crossword in the Sunday papers.
              He and my husband then went out and bought a new computer.
              The old one was on the point of giving up.
              Spent the evening deadheading and watering.
              Hope all had a good day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A very pleasant afternoon sitting outside, not too hot or cold and no wind or rain. Until about 10 years ago when her daughter went off to university my sister had outdoor parties for many years at the end of July (her birthday). Looking back I cannot believe how many were spoiled to some degree by heavy rain or gales. She invested in strong gazebos with sides eventually. Today the star of the event was her first grandson.
                We are all getting so old! Today a topic of conversation was the comfort of flat shoes and how none of us were going back to higher heels after lockdown. It doesn't seem that long ago when we older ones were embarrassing the younger generation by discussing their shaving habits.
                It was really, really nice to have a "normal" afternoon. I didn't realise how much I had missed it.

Comment

• I do lofve a good new load of firewood. something about it give you a really smug feeling that you're ready for what winter throws at you. Power cut? no problem, Boiler packs up? no worries, Chestnuts? sorted!

Spend most of my time today getting the garden ready for a viewing tomorrow before i headed off to work. its supprising how quickly you can get it looking decent.
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all
                    Still in bed with a cuppa, 17 degs according to the phone but it feels quite chilly.

Enjoy the day
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Evening!
                      Got rained off so made the most of the cooler weather and did some baking and then accidentally had a bit more than ‘40 winks’ as my grandpa would call it
                      Dont normally have a snooze in the afternoon so that was unusual….is that me getting into ‘grandma mode’?
                      Hope everyone is having a good weekend? We had a lovely chat with our granddaughter this morning…awwww….
                      Granny nap Nicos!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Yep, noticeably cooler this morning, been round shutting a few windows. Taking car for MOT after lunch so will probably have to dig deep to pay for summat that's the matter, usually do!
                        Walking dog first then trip to allotment to drop off cardboard and drop prescription in on way home.

What an exciting life I live!

Hows the camper getting on Nicos? I have suddenly got a yearning to buy one again.

TTFN
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All First day of my week off and it's not raining! Good start. Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Flo, thanks for the rain. I should have been paying more attention. If I'd thought of it, I'd have got my carrots sown in advance. Not much so far, but good and steady. Will supposedly stop in an hour or so, but what a difference it has made to the temperature and dust already. It's extremely welcome.

Other news... Yesterday I spotted the biggest scolopendra yet weaving through the sweetcorn. Impossible to kill even with a spade. I tried twice. I'm now rather nervous about weeding. Unsurprisingly.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I don't have even a minute's worth of paid work to do. Long time since that has been the case. A bit of baking, perhaps? Tidying some shelves? A non-granny's nap? Feels very odd. Anyway, doubtless I'll find something. Ideally not tidying...

Have a great day, everyone. There are still loads of smiles today, so help yourselves.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Its cooler here as well but still no rain.
                              Not sure what's on the cards today but I am sure I will find something.
                              Thanks for the smiles Snoop Its good to have a supply.
                              Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                lovely warm/ cooler breezes here.
                                The soil is lovely and moist again for weeding etc.

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Hows the camper getting on Nicos? I have suddenly got a yearning to buy one again.
                                Ah Snadge….not so good at the moment.
                                The weight was misrecorded apparently when imported so we are now amidst French bureaucracy for changing the weight limit back to its official 3 tonnes from the 2.65 it was recorded at. We have to go through Toyota France and they aren’t proving to be the most efficient peeps we’ve come across
                                350 kg difference makes a vast difference to what we can do to it to complete it.

It’s still usable in its unfinished state but can only be insured as a van and not at its new increased value as a camper van.
                                I can see it being late Autumn before we can use it as intended.
                                Very frustrating as you can imagine…but the ‘safe’ freedom it gives us even for fairly local day outings is wonderful as you must be aware!
                                What type of camper did you have previously?

Last edited by Nicos; 26-07-2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X