Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be trying the cornmeal next against the ants. Thanks for all the advice. There are millions of them.
    Amazingly, even though it was warm last night I've slept really well and if somebody hadn't woke me I think I could have managed another hour or two. The forecast for today is HOT again. It's time for some tomatoes to ripen.

Comment

• Morning all

Nothing planned for today apart from cooking my spatchcock chicken for for dinner. Another sunny day methinks, I might go out for a drive in the countryside later after walking dog.

TTFN
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All Only 29 here Not sure I can do justice to the BET this morning, but I'll try. Must water the lettuce before the sun reaches it. Have a lovely Sunday
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

The evenings are the best times to sit outdoors while its this hot MrBones I stayed out late didn't see any bats this evening though.

Nothing planned here either Snadger will probably be at home, don't fancy joining queues of traffic so my be just a walk.

enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Another hot day.
            I had enough of traffic chaos yesterday so it will be a day in the garden.
            Enjoy the sunshine.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Ah Snadge…..that’s just reminded me that I need to re-gas my air conditioning unit in my car.
              I think it actually needs new hoses or something cos the gas only seems to last a year…that can’t be right can it?

Gentle day ahead , just preparing for outdoor guests thus evening…first time in 16 months so it’s feeling very weird!
              Its going to be lovely and warm so I’m hoping the skies stay clear enough to make it worthwhile getting out our telescope!

The fire pit is set, lighting sorted ( candles will stay indoors until it cools down !) OH making pizza dough as we speak…..

Enjoy your day peeps, keep cool

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all. Not sure where the morning went, but I didn't have an early morning nap. Time just flew, I guess.

Not much to report. Temps back up to around 12 ºC in the veg patch. Fingers crossed everything perks up again.

Afternoon at the computer beckons. Boring but useful and nice and cool down here in my cave.

Hope you all have a lovely rest of the day. Smiles all over the place today, not sure which way to head for some reason. Hope they find you.

Comment

• Back from the allotment. 28°C here at the moment, slightly cooler than yesterday. I actually got some weeding done. Last weeks monsoon followed by this weeks sun hasn't half made them grow. My little Sungold tomatoes have now been green for weeks, at the rate they're going the much bigger Crimson Crush are going to ripen first.

Comment

• Didn't get a BET this morning, van staff fell prey to Covid, as has one of my Golden Girls, who is quite ill. She contracted it on holiday last week in Devon and now she's home the whole family is in isolation for 10 days. She's the dental nurse so has had both jabs, but the youngest GG has only had one so fingers crossed for her. I sang Soft Kitty to her which cheered her up Stay safe All
                    Last edited by Florence Fennel; 18-07-2021, 04:44 PM.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening not ventured far at all today, didn't even go in the garden much only to water early on then harvest and add to the GH shading.

Flo I hope your GG soon recovers without any lasting problems, worrying times for you and the rest of the family. xx
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all

Had couple of hours at the allotment this evening when it wasn't quite as hot. Potted on a cucumber in greenhouse and five cucumbers outdoors. Added canes and tied up my tomato plants.

Sowed two rows of mooli and a row of carrots.. Lots of hand weeding and watering. No doubt my back will suffer for it in the morning.

TTFN
                        Last edited by Snadger; 18-07-2021, 06:10 PM.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          Flo, sorry to hear one on your G girls is I'll, hope she recovers soon.

Our family have been receiving some vaccines over the weekend
                          Daughter in law got her second jab yesterday.
                          My son got his second one this morning.
                          My grandson got his first one this afternoon.

it's a beautiful evening so going out to deadhead some sweetpeas, I can smell their perfume.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all,afraid i melted last 2 days,loving my new bedroom,still waiting for things to come but is nice to have a space,son put netting on the poly tunnel ,and have started to plant the brasicas,gave them a real good puddling in,will finish of the others in the morning,had a lovely family time yesterday evening,wish your GG all the best FF,aparently a nephew and his son had the other week and are ok, right am of for a shower and a chill out,night night all
                            Last edited by lottie dolly; 18-07-2021, 07:54 PM.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your GG, Flo. Hope she recovers quickly. Worrying how many people are catching it despite having had both jabs.

Got up early to do an online shop for spices and the like. Minimum fresh chilli order 500 g. That's a lot of chillies... But they also had fresh curry leaves. Never seen them for sale here, even when I lived in Barcelona. So quite excited by that. What a small life I lead.

Mr Snoop off on a grory hop this morning after visiting the vet's to pick up painkillers for Flo. Also due to drop into the nursery next door to buy me some winter brassica plug plants.

And I'll be working away, as per. But smiling all the while at the thought of spices and cabbages on their way.

Have a good one all. Absolutely tons of smiles in the bag today, so help yourselves. I'll put the kettle on and leave them nearby.

Comment

• Morning Snoop and all.

Thanks for the tea and smiles, snoop. You're right, it is worrying how many double jabbed folk are still catching covid. It is a really evil virus.
                                All the windows are open to cool the house before the heat kicks in. Outdoor thermometer reached 31.2C in the shade yesterday. Nothing planned for today. If it stays hot I shall be indoors. Maybe sort out the glory hole cupboard, who knows what's in there now. Stuff has been accumulating for years, could even be a door to Narnia at the back somewhere. Mmm, bit of snow would be nice....
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X