This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
    Did the grory hop this afternoon, we've found a time when the shops are quiet.
    Incidentally, if you do a Google search for grory hop it says do you mean grocery shop?
    Love it
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot again. Tea poured. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all.
        I'll have a cup with you Flo, lovely, thanks. Tea tastes so much better when someone else has made it. Why is that I wonder?

Grory hop this morning. Google learns fast, doesn't it?
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Cheers MH!

Comment

• Morning both n’alln’all

That was a lovely hot cuppa - thanks!

I too need to do a grory hop soon, we’ve run out of live yog and I need my daily fix.
            I really thought I’d got one pot left so I could make another batch but we must have eaten it before we went away. A 20 mile round trip just for live yog seems stupid so I’ll no doubt be buying in other things.

I think today I shall mostly be gardening…yippee!

Nice weather again Flo - thanks!
            Last edited by Nicos; 15-07-2021, 04:54 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
              Thanks for the cuppa Flo

Lovely day again
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all

Looks like being another bright day so I will possibly get some work done at the allotment.. I will gather some strawberries,onions and a cabbage for tea while I am there. Main onus will be on weeding but may sow some turnips and possibly late carrots while I am there.

TTFN
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Been out and watered, hand-pollinated some more courgettes, skipped and danced around Frankie, did a bit of weeding and despaired at the cold nights. Tomato plants looking properly fed up, but it'll be warming back up again as from today. Night-time low should be around 11 ºC tonight. Nice for us that it's been so chilly at night, but rubbish for some of the plants. Fingers crossed for the melons. They're looking terrible.

Visit to the vet's yesterday was pretty much as expected. They think she might have leishmaniasis, I don't, I think she's just getting on in years and needs some painkillers for arthritis, which they agreed she has. So, lots of blood tests for leish, kidney function to see what analgesics she can have and goodness knows whatever else. But she's the number one dog and it's going to be heartbreak here when she goes. She and I were both glad to get out.

Busy, busy day today. Will try and plant out some brassicas tonight.

Have a good one everyone. Me and the dog are both smiling but loads left over in the bag. Help yourselves. I'm a bit late for the early morning cuppa, but they'll be there if you pop in later.

Comment

• Morning, I've got the list ready for my Grory hop it doesn't seem a very long one this time. I'm bound to have forgotten something.

I sowed carrots yesterday Snadge in a bucket and some in the garden.

Enjoy your day
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Decision made…grory hop at lunchtime in Falaise which is further away but has a Lidl and also a diy superstore so we can see if they have specific roundheaded bolts to fit the cup washers for our leather tab handles for the camper. Also thin flexible copper tubing for our two curved curtain rails in there.
                      Pity it’s such a nice day out there and dragging us away from the garden

Good to see you Snadge how are things going? I imagine the funeral will be fairly soon? Not easy xx

Time for a quick brew anyone? ( and yes, Idid bring another 960 Yorkshire Teabags back!)

Comment

• Yikes Snoop - just googled leishmaniasis symptoms in dogs….fingers crossed it’s not that

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Yikes Snoop - just googled leishmaniasis symptoms in dogs….fingers crossed it’s not that
                          We had her jabbed for it years back at a different clinic. Her reaction to the injections (course of three at huge expense) was terrible. We never took her back for the annual boosters and have never had our other two dogs done either. The vet we saw yesterday told us that the jab she had was withdrawn due to adverse reactions and unfortunately tests done on dogs that had it can show a false positive. Just waiting for the results. She certainly hasn't lost her appetite! I think she's struggling with the aches and pains of old age. Fingers crossed.

Edited to add: if you go to Lidl, try their cherry jam...
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-07-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon all,hope you can get some relief for the dog snoop,poor thing,carpet coming in the morning,will move in it,and manage,until the other stuff come,aprox 3 weeks before i get it all,meantime onto my sewing room,remember Bgood2yourselves
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              A busy day and fantastic weather.
                              Collected grandson from creche this evening.
                              He is delightful company at the age he is now.
                              copying and repeating everything and generally just a little charmer.
                              Anyway, exhausted after playing all evening and bringing him home.
                              Enjoy the rest of the day.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Absolutely scorchio this morning. Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X