Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH we chanced going for a walk just got back home as it started raining again. It’s been really heavy here running down our road like a river
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 07-07-2021, 04:00 PM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Same here Bren and MH, torrential rain and now the sun is blazing. Hope there's no more thunder later or the Sky signal fails and I'm not sure but I have a feeling there's a football game on tonight that Himself might be interested in
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all,warm but damp,son has done a lovely name plaque for the new home,as it does NOT have a number,a nice bit of shaped timber,routed and varnished,with white letters,been invited to dinner tonight ,it's all go here
        as for football,nonono,BUT i do wish them all the best,and hope they win.
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 07-07-2021, 05:18 PM.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Annoyingly I got soaked twice at the allotment today before I gave in and came home. When (very rarely) the sun came out it was really hot but that was the exception.

I have told my hubby he can watch England on the big screen. I'll migrate to the bedroom or put my headphones in and listen to something on my phone. He has however gone off football in the last year so we will see if he can be bothered. He is not really bothered about Denmark anyway, (certainly not compared to his hatred of Germany). But then Denmark didn't bomb him.
          I am hoping that tomorrow the weather forecast is actually accurate. (No rain????)

Comment

• Morning all
            Spectacular cloudburst yesterday afternoon, running down the road in rivers (should have put a bit back in the barrels )
            Forecast brighter and dryer for us too so lets see what we get

Kettle's on
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks Mr Bones, I'll have a cuppa with you, I'm just ready for one. We had a tremendous downpour too, but not till about six o'clock in the evening. I love the smell of a wet garden.

Grory hop this morning, then some tidying in the garden is in order. Lots of dead-heading to do now so many petals have been dashed off.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning the garden looks fresh after all that rain.

Grory hop here as well this morning for us as well Mothhawk not to sure after that.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Well, the first sunny morning for a while. This will hopefully ripen some tomatoes. I'm taking my husband to the podiatrist shortly and then we'll go straight to the allotment and hope that just for once rain doesn't stop play. I've got the longest list of jobs waiting to be done.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    dry and cloudy here but the usual showers forecast.
                    An unexpected trip to the golf shop this morning.
                    Hubby took some rubbish to land fill and one of my golf clubs went ad well.
                    I am not happy as it's hard to get a left handed putter of the type I use.
                    Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Oh dear, bramble. You can't have been best pleased at the loss. Hope you manage to replace it.

All OK here. Managing to get up early and get the gardening done before it gets too hot. Not too bad here today, though a terrible heatwave is forecast for the southern half of Spain over the next few days. We'll be back up into the mid and top 30s, but nothing more than that by the look of the forecast. Fingers crossed. It's due to be windy here too. My least favourite weather: I always get worried about forest fires when it's hot and windy.

Got a bit of work to get through and two dogs to bath this afternoon. Should be a lark...

Looks like quite a few smiles got stuck over England yesterday. Just as well there are plenty more where they came from. Sounds like LD's been getting her own supply. Glad it's all going well for you, LD.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon, not much happening here apart from waiting in for a parcel due today or tomorrow so we’re talking it in turns to be around the house.
                        I’ve Shopped, picked peas, messed around with compost and some weeding.
                        Bramble have you been back to see if you can spot your club. Never know you might be lucky.

Comment

• Prevening All Just finished, I'm working from home today until next Wednesday and loving it. Sunny here and 23 degrees but it doesn't feel like it. Pity about your golf club bramble. Must be off now I have lemons to slice and freeze for a cheeky G&T later. Have a good evening All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            It's been quite a nice day here with no rain.
                            Had a look at landfill site but golf club is long gone.
                            Two golf shops I approached.
                            One of them doesn't sell single clubs and the other one didnt have a left handed one.
                            He has ordered one in from UK for me but it will be a long wait and about €120.
                            Anyway, the world didnt end but you're right, I was not happy.
                            Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello, back after a bit of an internet break.

Plenty happening in the garden, lots of salad leaves and tomatoes now coming through (just need some to ripen now!)

Happy Friday All
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning Pete and all
                                Ouch.. that's a sympathy like bramble , hope it arrives early for you.

Warm and muggy this morning, probably get the front hedge cut in a bit.

Happy Fridays
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X