• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Much the same weather here. Have a lovely Sunday
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
      The sun is shining and hoping it stays that way.
      My grandsons third birthday and we are hoping to hold garden party this afternoon.
      Forecast is not great but we will take our chances.
      Happy Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Never got to the allotment yesterday. It started raining in the morning and just didn't know when to stop. I got there earlier today and got some of the greenhouse glass in but not all because the rain started to come down like stair rods again and my husband, who hasn't got the sense he was born with didn't take shelter in a shed or greenhouse and got literally soaked to the skin. He then moaned and moaned. The rain stopped. He got dry clothes. Just got ready to go back to the allotment and it's started all over again.
        I give up! (for today).

Now I am really mad. A certain someone had dumped their muddy trainers in the middle of the hall floor. Due to the dark sky and me not bothering to put a light on I have just gone my length over them and am bruised, and carpet burned in varying places. AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
        Last edited by greenishfing; 04-07-2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• ^Sympathy like there, GF. Sounds like you've had a trying time. Hope the carpet isn't too badly burned...

If I were you and lived in a house with a proper bathroom, I'd be taking myself off for a bath, and taking a G&T or some such with me.

Comment

• Evening its mostly rained today but with a few spells of thunder and bright sunshine. So a very mixed bag from one hour to the next.

Hop you don't feel to sore tomorrow GF xx
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, early morning...it’s becoming a habit! Hope you are all well . Have a great trip Nicos and Congrats roitelet!
              sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Jay and All Gloomy and hot again here today. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. The thunderstorm last night has refreshed the garden but bashed down some of the flowers, so I've cut a few to bring indoors. It doesn't take the slugs long to find them! Forecast is for rain tomorrow so I hope today stays dry so I can get on with painting the fence. I did one length on Friday but there is still the other side to do plus another 20 ft length and the gate.

Have a good day all.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all
                    It's stopped raining now and is forecast to be dry for today so one or two bits to do down the allotment.

Enjoy your day
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning after all the rain the gardens looking good some things are a bit battered but not to many.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all.

More water up from the well early in the morning, while still cool. But that's the sum of the garden activities so far today. Will try and do some this evening, but another very hot day forecast. Not far off 40 ºC again yesterday. Can't begin to imagine the 49.6 ºC recorded in Lytton in British Columbia. Me and the dogs are ensconced in the basement. Might go and find a cardie to put on in a bit.

Paid work calls, so better step on it.

Have a good day, everyone. I'll leave the smiles over by the kettle. Sounds like hot drinks are the order of the day.

Comment

• Morning all, proper rain at last, no thunder but the garden has had a good watering, we have thick sea harr, it looks proper autumnal out there and not that warm either.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            We had lots of rain overnight so the garden is looking really fresh.
                            Sun is shining so all is good.
                            Happy Monday.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening we've had more rain today not much though, i did get some weeding done and planted more lettuce in-between the showers, but that was it for gardening.

Comment

• Morning, another night of not sleeping!!
                                Well was sorting out a bedroom yesterday for my daughter arriving on Friday and heard this strange noise...long story short we had a wasp nest in the wall cavity. Quick call to the local pest control guy and hopefully it’s been dealt with. Never had that before and of course it would have to be just at the time my 4 month old granddaughter is making the trip North to meet her Scottish extended family! It’s just typical isn’t it. Fingers crossed no wasps for her to share a room with.
                                Anyhoo hope you all have a fab day! x
                                Last edited by Jay22; 06-07-2021, 03:36 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X