This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Another sunny day here and still no sign of rain.
    off out to the post office shortly.
    Laundry is out and blowing in the breeze so should be dry shortly.
    Lots of errands to do this morning so catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny start again today. Last day at work for me this week, working from home tomorrow. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Sunny and 8 degrees. Quick nip to the allotment to open PT and whip the covers off the cukes then we're off to visit relatives.

Catch up with you later, enjoy your day
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Clear blue sky here so maybe a sunny one today.

I'll have a couple of Snoop's smiles while I get the kettle on, ta.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Oh look….it’s STILL raining

Ta muchly to whoever left that mug of tea for me - was that you MH?….perfek

IF it stops raining, we’re going to a wood yard later to look at some Doulas Fir for the patio. They guy says it’s seasoned so we need to check it out.

Domestics today…might start looking at packing for our ( fingers crossed please) trip to the UK next week. I’ve got some ffp2 masks, some calvados and boxes of wine, baby ‘stuff’ so now need to look into the tests etc, I daren’t get excited but I do keep feeling elated.
            Just sit on me please if I set Snoops smiles off again

Right…see ya later peeps, enjoy your day.
            Last edited by Nicos; 23-06-2021, 07:24 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all

A bit dull and overcast here today but thankfully no overnight frost like yesterday. Hope my cucurbits survive after being blackened.

TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning a cool 8c in my GH overnight I did close the vents and door something I don't usually do. Its looks like being a sunny day here so I'll be out and about.

Enjoy your day
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A beautifull day here. Blue sky and sunshine. I let my husband give the allotment a good watering yesterday. It is fair to say the butternut squash grown from seed by me) weren't looking too happy beforehand but they looked a lot more unhappy after he'd treated them to the equivalent of a pressure wash😭😭. Four of the six are definitely beyond redemption so I called at the garden centre on the way home for replacements which look far healthier than mine ever did.

Comment

• Oh dear gf…..bit heavy handed was he?…clearly needs to be doing more physio with that kettle and the sink!

Snadge…it that a record for the last frost for you?
                    My latest has been 9/10th June for previous years but this year was the end of May. It’s amazing to think (hopefully) your last frost was only one week before July! The school kids here will be on summer holidays in a few days bizarre!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      We finally have some rain. Not at all heavy but 8ts a start.
                      Hairdressers appointment this morning so that's part of the day spoken for.

My squashes are rubbish this year GF, might look and see if I can buy some plants.
                      Have a good day and catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

The smiles say thanks for the kind thoughts. Plus, they admit they're rather easily set off, so no need for anyone to sit on Nicos.

Busy morning. Went for our second jabs and then round the market. Hardly anyone out as the weather isn't great. No-one at the fishmonger's either. First proper fresh fish in months and months. Fresh anchovies for today, gilt-head bream for tomorrow and for Friday, as it'll last, some salt cod. Visited my favourite veg stall too. Haven't seen her for months either. Bit surprised to see melons for sale. The year has shot past. Top buy (apart from the fish): a giant piece of fresh ginger. If you live in a city or can get online deliveries, that will seem really normal to you. But for me, in the middle of nigh-on nowhere, fresh ginger is an amazing find.

Had a good day yesterday. Got the peppers tied up and half the potatoes earthed up. Earthing up takes me ages. And then it rained hard overnight, so some of it has slid back down. Either that, or the potatoes grew overnight!

Paid work for the rest of the day for me. But Mr Snoop has volunteered to spread some muck on my last two beds. Just as well I went round last night with the hori-hori, removing as much bindweed as I could.

Right, on with the show. The smiles are keen to be out and about after spending the morning shut in with the dogs. Always loads to go round, mothhawk. If anyone wants to keep a spare supply, grab loads. It's amazing how fast they can multiply. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, rain overnight but dry now!
                          Any idea how to deal with a bully seagull? It’s terrorising the birds and even the semi feral cats in our gardens!! Next door feeds it!!
                          Nicos, brilliant news that you will be meeting your granddaughter soon. We haven’t seen ours, except in video calls, for 4 weeks and I can see a difference already! You are going to have a fantastic time, nothing like that first cuddle!!
                          Have a great day everyone! x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            I’ve got some ffp2 masks, some calvados and boxes of wine.
                            Don't want to put a dampener on things, Nicos, but have you checked the post-Brexit limits on taking wine and spirits into the UK?

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-goods-in...-Great-Britain

Comment

• ^^^ yup , I have thanks..and we’re well under….but was surprised to see it was much higher than before the uk joined the EU.

We have to go back again in a few weeks to sprinkle my moms ashes so our kids won’t go short on the booze

I’ve just stopped for a brew.
                              Just made a blackcurrant cake, a rhubarb and orange cake and an almond, grapefruit and rhubarb cake all for freezing ( in theory)
                              Also Roasted several trays of rhubarb and stewed down the rest of the rhubarb.

The house smells wonderful!

Comment

• Afternoon just come indoors for afternoon tea and to cool down.

Spent the day in the garden, seed sowing, weeding then went a bike ride rather than a walk.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X