Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh…and gf…..I hear that good therapy after discharge for arm injuries like that is ……
    …..washing up…..

Glad to hear he’s going well. Could have been much worse…quite a scarey thought eh?
    Last edited by Nicos; 18-06-2021, 09:44 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's raining... ha..ha. Proper wetting stuff too
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good Morning All Coffee break. Dark here and about to rain. Have a good day and Happy Friday
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
          It's raining... ha..ha. Proper wetting stuff too
          Rain here as well Mr B. I'll go out and check my water butts later I'm expecting them to be full.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We are getting proper rain here too!!!! So happy. It can only do good for the potatoes, onions, sweetcorn, brassicas etc.
            I replanted more peas this afternoon as ALL the last ones just disappeared off the face of the earth. Occasionally I can just get so depressed when nature decides to get the better of me.

Comment

• Morning all

11 degrees and not raining. Yesterday put the barrels to half full so it must have done the gardens good. Not forecast any more for today so it looks like an allotment day.

Kettles on as usual
              Happy Saturdays
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Mr Bones and all.

Feels lovely and fresh outside today and the water butt is full after a day of rain. The garden looks happier too, though all the petals have been dashed off the oriental poppies. No matter, lots more buds. The ground is watered enough now to plant out the nicotiana that has been languishing in trays too long. They will replace the love-in-a-mist which has finished flowering now.

Happy gardening all.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, my water butts are full and like mothhawk says the garden looks much better after all that rain.
                  I did take some lettuce seedlings into they GH to save them getting bashed about and waterlogged they're now back outside.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

I never thought I would be jealous of other peoples rain!!!! Ground still bone dry and my 1000 litre IBC water is sdiminishing quickly, not helped by me inadvertently leaving it dripping one evening.

My mulching with various organic materials including cardboard,compost and grass cuttings has been a great success at retaining at least some of the moisture around the roots of plants though so I can't complain. One of my South facing strawberry beds has dried out badly so it is the next recipient of grass cuttings.

Have a good Saturday and TTFN.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Sunny at the moment, but it's been raining and more forecast for today. Should really make the most of this lull to go and do a bit of scything down in the fields. Friend up the valley has a dumper truck and has volunteered to shift a load of muck for me. I just have to fill it and clear some ground for it to get dumped on. But before that, coffee. Mr Snoop is making it, but I'm sure he'd be happy to make more.

Other than that, tidying calls. Not something I do very often...

Have a good one all. Smiles in the biscuit barrel today. Had to put a lid on them to stop them from escaping.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Ta muchly for the brew Mr Snoop and Bones…perfect timing.

I’m hoping the rain stays away today as over the weekend and Monday ,all over France, is Fete de la Musique where people get together to listen to and play music. It’s a lovely event even though there has to be safety restrictions in force still.
                        Some local farmers also loan their fields to friends and family - people ( mostly young uns) camp out and the music goes on all night!

Right…I best get a wiggle on…stuff to do!

Enjoy your weekend peeps and fingers crossed for some rain to those who want it,
                        Last edited by Nicos; 19-06-2021, 08:29 AM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here, hope the rain holds off till my washing is dry. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon.
                            Yesterday's rain has done a power of good for the plot, everything looks much perkier today. Taking five at the mo in the lotty shed with a coffee and a few strawberries. There's a brass band playing somewhere, hope they're wrapped up the breeze is just a bit too cool to be comfortable.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Quite cool here today whenever the sun disappears but hot when it emerges. I have been earthing up potatoes, planting out more sweet peas and hacking my way through the grapevines to get into the greenhouses.
                              I had a quick look at my husbands arm this morning to find he has somehow lost a couple of steristrips, heaven knows how. Fortunately the nurse gave me extras for such an occasion......and yes I'm sure washing up and coffee making is excellent physiotherapy. We're forecast more rain tonight and we still need some so I'm not moaning.

Comment

• Morning all and happy fathers day to any dads.

Already been to the lotty (treading slugs on paths), quite a cool north easterly breeze so had to wear me billy goat .

Enjoy your Sunday
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X