This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

No rain here (even though we could do with some) looks overcast outdoors.

Just waiting for a sand, gravel and cement delivery so I can get on with changing my path at the side of the house.It needs to be 'wheelchair friendly' so will take out the step and ramp it.
    Did the shuttering yesterday so itching to get started.
    TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning we've had rain just enough to wet the ground but like MrB says not enough to fill the butts, it has given the garden that fresh feeling though.

No Grory hop for me today I went yesterday afternoon instead there was hardly anyone in the supermarket.

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        The sun is out but no rain and the water butts are empty.
        Laundry on the line, greenhouse plants are watered and I am out to finish my sons garden today
        have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          we had rain!!!!!!!
          3 storms passed by yesterday afternoon and evening, but one finally hit us in the early hours.
          Not sure how much rain, but the air has cleared and the temperatures have dropped so that’s an utter relief!

OH has his 2ndvaccine this afternoon so I’m sticking to him like glue for the next couple of days cos he was so ill last time.
          Need a quick gory hop on way to the Drs….

Apart from that, a bit more gardening and planning of the patio decking. I’ve found a massive plant tray 120x 120 x 12 to use for a small water feature …also as a watering station for hedgehogs and any other wildlife

Time for another brew surely?….My treat as I have so many now
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Late on parade today. But I'm up for a brew.

Just had a brilliant lunch. Cheese on toast followed by cherries. The best cherries in Spain come from Extremadura, but one of the local villages is renowned for its cherries too. Delicious.

Rained here last night too. Quite thundery now as well. If I can get my act together, I'll try and get some carrots sown. Rather a lot to do before that, though.

Have a good afternoon, everyone. The smiles are a bit reluctant to go out and about this afternoon. They don't like the look of the clouds. But if you fancy a smile, give them a shout and I'm sure they'll come rushing over.

Comment

• Afternoon not much outdoors today just weeding and armpitting my GH Toms.
              Ive baked my bread and some apple and sultan scones, very tasty

Comment

• Prevening All Dull and warm all day here. I do love working from home. Have a good evening
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• It’s rained/ thundered on and off all day, but still hot and muggy, but not as bad as before - perfect blight weather I hate to say.

OH had his second jab this afternoon so we did a quick gory hop before he went in.

funnily enough the chooks don’t seem to mind this warm rain- they look pretty bedraggled at the moment

Not sure, but we think maybe….maybe … ( don’t get too excited) …. We might be able to go to the uk in a couple of weeks to meet our granddaughter and see our children. Just depends on lockdown rules/ variants etc etc.
                  Last time we were over was February last year…it’s been a VERY long 17 months

Nearly weekend!

Comment

• Morning all

Fingers crossed for your UK visit Nicos.
                    Not a lot of rain here, just the odd shower and a few spits and spots.

Not sure what's on the cards for today but kettles on.. help yourselves

Enjoy your day
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Everywhere's sodden this morning. Dew as much as yesterday's rain. Lots of snails and slugs out and about. I should say 'were' out and about. Also, a frog in the dog water bowl in the kitchen. Not the same one as a couple of weeks back in my seedling watering tray. Probably followed the trail of slugs and millipedes into the kitchen...

No rain forecast this morning, but more due tomorrow. Got some urgent deadlines to hit today but should be free for a bit of gardening later. With any luck, ground might have dried up a bit by then.

Hope your OH copes with second jab OK, Nicos. Ours next week, apparently.

Have a good one, everyone. Smiles over by the kettle for them as want them.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 18-06-2021, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• There wasn't as much rain yesterday morning as I'd hoped for. The allotment is still bone dry. My husband went back to the plastic surgery clinic yesterday with his arm. They are happy with him. He is now signed off. He is down to steristrips and stockingette over his stitches which I have to make sure he keeps on for another week and then take off for him. He can now get a shower without me having to wrap him in clingfilm.
                        It looks quite grey here at the moment with rain forecast for this afternoon. I've got to go for blood tests this shortly so after that I 'm hopefully off to the allotment before the rain. I've got more sweet peas and peas to plant.

Comment

• Morning all

No rain yesterday.......again.
                          Managed to get my wheelchair ramp concreted. Hope its strong enough today to wheelbarrow the rest of the 20mm gravel over it to fill in low areas next to the decking?
                          Must get to the allotment today and as its Friday.....fish and chip day! The chip shop is close bye,which is handy!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning

Snoop we've not had a frog in the kitchen be we do often find slug trails even trod on one when I came down at 2am not a nice feeling in your bare feet.

Rain due this afternoon hopefully it will be enough to top up my butts, they're rather low.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all, bright and sunny but no rain.
                              Finished my sons garden yesterday so staying put today.
                              Laundry out on the washing line and now going to potter in the garden.
                              looking forward to a day with no deadlines.

Good news about your husbands are, glad its improving GF.

Snoop, frogs, I am terrified of them.

​​​​​​​Have a good day all and catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Its rained almost nonstop since yesterday….sorry, first I pinch the sun and now the rain

OH had his jab yesterday and I can’t believe how little his reaction has been after last time! Sore arm and the odd hot flush.
                                Going to have a quiet day all the same.

More indoor sorting I think and planning of the patio. Looks like finding the wood is going to be fun

Right, clearly time for a brew - I have some half melted choccie biscuits if anyone fancies a sticky time of it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X