This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Sunshine and cloud here but also very breezy.
    Off to my sons this morning and hoping to finish the job today,
    everything is the greenhouse is fed and watered and another two tomatoes picked.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Brew time!
      Think I may have a glass of water with mine- it’s getting hot out there. *yes...sorry, we seem to have the sun again
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Time for another brew?

Comment

• I enjoyed this years Springwatch, less daftness and a bit more of the actual wildlife.

Comment

• Good morning,

I feel more human today after I slept all day and all night after my night shift. Think its catches up to me coz when I am on nights I only sleep 4/5 hours a day before my next shift.

Anyway kettles on. Feel free to help yourself. I am waiting for my food delivery this morning and then dropping OH off to go fishing and may take my dog on a nice long walk.

Have a good day
            Carrie

Comment

• Morning all

I'll have a cuppa, thanks Cariann. Know what you mean about nights, they used to wipe me out too (the worse time I managed to get a total of just 7 hours kip over the course of four 12hr shifts... I was wired to say the least ).
              Hope your back eases soon Snoop, so frustrating and uncomfortable.
              Had a good yomp in Clumber yesterday, wasn't too busy (although we do aim for the quieter more remote areas any way)

Sun forecast for today so looks like it'll be a plottering day (probably be more chin-wagging than gardening )

Happy Saturdays
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                I will join in with a tea too please.
                Also in agreement of nights. I could never sleep on them either.

Grey and cool here so far . Sun hasn't found its way here as yet. Some housework and garden pottering fir me. Dogs to walk first . Enjoy your day.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here was cooler at 11.3c overnight in my GH it felt much warmer than that in the house though. Just finished my bacon cob so will be of to work soon.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Time for a brew?

Woke up to what I describe as ‘fine Lakeland drizzle’. Wasn’t expecting that!…so I now have a washing line full of damp clothing

The petrol shredder was returned yesterday and I’m pleased to say that we both have intact limbs and even all our fingers and toes!
                    It certainly did a wonderful job of shredding finer than ours and much quicker. Ours is still perfect for small jobs, but it’s nice to have the choice!

I’m hoping we get the concrete patio cleaned up today…there may be a fight as to who gets to play with the pressure hose!
                    Then OH can do some patch repairs before we start measuring up for constructing the new wooden base. Apparently it’s difficult to get hold of certain types of wood, so I’m not holding my breath!

How is your back today Snoop, hope it’s improving

Bones - did you treat yourself to a rhubarb plant? I’m presuming they have a garden shop there??

I really do need to grab a cuppa - I don’t think I drank enough fluids during the day yesterday - it’s easy to forget isn’t it?
                    See ya later peeps, enjoy your weekend.

Comment

• Good Morning All Feels a little cooler this morning. Grass is being cut again now and fence has been painted so it will look very smart soon. Hope your back is better Snoop. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

Not been on the vine for a few days so it was lovely reading 3 pages of (over 100!) posts on this thread. Glad to see everyone seems to be on top form or getting there

Domestics are done (mostly), so I'm thinking of a third brew, and maybe I'll sit down and watch the Trooping of the Colour with my mum. She loves to watch it. Starts in a minute or two, so I'm off for now.
                        have a good weekend all.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Dull and breezy here and no sign f the sun.
                          Out for a day of pitch and putt,

Snoop hoe your back is better soon.

​​​​​​​Have a food day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, all. Thanks for the well-wishes. Woke up this morning, right as rain. So, a few more barrowloads of muck spread and a load of non-frost-hardy leeks planted out (Chef's White). Beds are starting to fill up. Starting to wonder where I'm going to put everything!

Bit more that I want to do tonight, but too hot now. Currently 30 ºC in the shade. No shade in the veg patch. Mr Snoop currently proving that only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun is true...

Quite a bit to do before tonight, though. So better step on it.

Have a good one, all. Smiles going all over the place in this heat. Seems like the thermals are carrying them away. Hope they land near you.

Edited: Wow, Bramble! A food day. Now there's a thought. Cake anyone? I'll make one to have with iced coffee if anyone's interested.
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 12-06-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Ooh me please, am I too late?
                              Last edited by Florence Fennel; 12-06-2021, 02:18 PM.
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• In the end I made puff pastry galettes, some with dried apricots and the others with prunes and apple, all brushed with honey. Help yourself. I'll put the kettle on again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X