Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All 16 degrees here already, phew! Had a visit yesterday evening from a Golden Girl which was lovely, haven't seen her for months so it was great to catch up. Long read in bed this morning so better get on with something now. Have a good day All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
      It started out dull but its picking up nicely now.
      Laundry done and out on the line.
      Off to 0lay pitch and putt shortly.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        I was wide awake at 4.30 am and have no idea why. I told myself that if I was still awake in 15 minutes I'd get up and do the ironing. I remember nothing else.
        Te he....well that’s an incentive to go back to sleep!!!!

In the heat of the summer I’m often up at 4am ironing the gite bedding cos I don’t want to waste the beautiful weather!

(This will be our second year with the gites closed and it’s sooooo wonderful not having a pile of bedding to do every couple of days.)

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Enjoy your all day breakfast Snadge - sounds really yummy

urmm...just wondering...how come it’s raining here?...flipping typical!

Comment

• Evening I've been at work most of the day so missed todays sunshine, but it looks like its doing the garden well everything springing to life.

Enjoy your weekend.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening
              Stayed cloudy here but was very warm, no breeze which we arnt used to here.
              Been weeding, digging and sorting out in the garden again. The rain has really got the weeds going like mad.
              Found a trading the shed . Was there last yr too. How does it get in?
              Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                Evening
                Stayed cloudy here but was very warm, no breeze which we arnt used to here.
                Been weeding, digging and sorting out in the garden again. The rain has really got the weeds going like mad.
                Found a trading the shed . Was there last yr too. How does it get in?
                A trading?????

Comment

• Is that a toad in the shed CG? They get in under the door,like mice, it's amazing how they can flatten themselves and squeeze through thin gaps.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all
                    Bit cooler at the mo, 8c and misty but forecast for a sunny one.

Makes a pleasant change for folk that work all week to have a decent weekend

Enjoy the day
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                      yes sorry TOAD 😆

Lovely day here. I shall be outside. Friend over for bbq tea later. Have a good day .
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning CG, Mr Bones and all.

Cool here and a bit misty, which bodes well for a sunny day methinks. I may plant out some cosmos and nicotiana seedlings that are outgrowing their pots.

Can't decide whether to pull up the myosotis, which is starting to get mildew now, or leave it a while as it is still flowering prettily. Indecision is my big problem in the garden. (I think )

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like we could well be in for a warm , dry, sunny day too Yesterday it clouded over but was warm and muggy - perfect blight weather

My forget me nots are doing really well this year, and fortunately not got mildew yet. I love how they self seed and I can relocate them if necessary when they are tiny.
                          His bad is the mildew MH?

I was just goooogling them and discovered they come in pink and white as well as blue! I had absolutely no idea

Time for a brew...
                          enjoy your day peeps, see ya later....

Comment

• Morning all. heading for a brief visit to allotment soon to water up as yesterdays sunshine will have left the greenhouse parched. Dinner already on so once I come back I will devote rest of day to tidying shed! That should be fun as there is stuff in there I have forgot about.

TTFN
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All Misty here too and not as warm as yesterday, but sun is forecast. I finally did some weeding of tubs and containers yesterday and sowed some salad CACA, but I haven't the stamina to tackle the raised beds, so really have to make decision about where I go from here. It may be that I should get them cleared off. Have a lovely Sunday ​​​​​​
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Weather overnight not at all as advertised. It poured... the ground is really soggy. And I had hoped to get a good day's gardening in. Grrr. Currently cloudy and no wind, so not likely to dry up any time soon. Not much more I can do than scything paths to stop seedheads getting in the dogs' ears. That's a good thing to do but not what I had planned.

I suppose I could follow your example, Snadger, and do some tidying...

Have a good one all, whatever you're up to. I got up late today (after waking up early to a downpour and thinking I might just as well go back to sleep) so the smiles are agitating for an outing. I've let them out for a run-around. Hope they find you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X