Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all,thanks for the coffee whoever left it for me,jam has set lovely,got to get a bit of burn of bottom,then do some more,also done 2 coffee walnut cakes,now cooling ready for butter cream,have wrapped and boxed the jars,all ready for traveling,easier to do it as i go along,have a good day peeps
    not heard any more about the new babies,hope they and mums are well.
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 20-05-2021, 08:58 AM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mmmmmm coffee n walnut , love that as for burning your bottom

Sun has gone
      Last edited by Containergardener; 20-05-2021, 09:08 AM.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        What a wicked day. Sheets of rain and gale force winds.
        The chestnut tree is being battered and there are leaves everywhere.
        Definitely a donestics day.
        Enjoy the day those that have the good weather.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Blinkin’. ‘Eck ...it’s actually stopped raining!

Baby news lottie? Thanks for asking!
          Well...she’s coming on a treat, we WhatsApp about 3 times a week and she interacts with me onscreen! Who would have thought?!
          We shared and copied sounds and internations the other day and she burst out laughing.
          Looks like I have a very smiley granddaughter!
          She enjoys looking at colourful books and has amazingly quickly got head control. I’m sure she’s at her normal developmental stage but what a lot of changes in just 12 weeks - utterly amazing!
          I’ve knitted her a jacket to fit an 18 month old so I’m at least hoping I’ll get to see her before then!

Good to hear things are coming together for you lottie I too have fingers and toes crossed for you x

Lovely cuppa Bones - ta muchly....you make a lovely brew!

I’m loving hearing about Frankie’s antics..what a little character!
          Hibou brought up some onion skin for my middle of the night snack last night....just goes to show she wanders onto the kitchen counters when we’re not around

Right...time to crack on....keep safe peeps- see you later...

Our lockdowns have partially eased again so thankfully some of the shops have opened which have been closed for months. Not that we need much but I could do with looking at fabric for the camper!
          Last edited by Nicos; 20-05-2021, 09:49 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Right everyone,done your tin hats in case off fall out from feathers,i am almost spitting them ,had an email from our solicitor, a copy of what was sent to our agent,nothing received still,in will not repete the rest,anyhow,rang said agent,who got his office to ring and say,they had spocken with our solicitor today,and they HAVE got said paperwork,so email our solicitor to ask for varification ASP,i want to just cry again,i also questioned the agents office about no surveyor comming reg our buyers money,to be tolled due to covid lalalalala,i am finding myself turning into miss marples,
            Tomorrow ta granddaughter gets married,and we cannot be there,i have had a call with here not long ago,and sent a horseshoe and a card to the sons home,for them to to her on our behalf,i wish i was confident to drive,and have help,i would go into a hotel, as some family are apparently doing,only just found out
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• FORGET THE LAST POST,just opened an email from soilcitor,all has at long last now been recieved,i got to get help to copy and fill in forms to send back WWWWWOOOOWWWEEEEE,whilst i was reading it,i got a call from son,we had x wires,upshot is,we are going to the wedding after all,i will not have to drive,i now have to go pack up,am sooooooooooooooooooo megga happy,i could cry with relive

Comment

• ^Wowee, LD! What big changes all at once. At long last. Congratulations and congratulations.

Looking forward to being able to uncross my fingers and toes soon! Big hug to you and MR.

Comment

• Wonderful news Lottie and well deserved.
                  Have a great time at the wedding.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Wonderful Lottie! Raining steadily here and quite cool. Just booked a grory hop for 17th June - where's the time going? Drop of brandy in your tea anyone? It's in mine. Have a good day All
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Fantastic news Lottie, I'm so pleased for you .
                      Thanks for the offer Flo but I'll pass on the brandy (it's a little early for me as yet.. )

Grey and blowing here.. and it's just started to rain. Looks quite likely to be a hunker down day

Have fun
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Bit of an odd start to the day. Watched my uncle's funeral online very early this morning. Only managed to see part of it yesterday before the connection went dodgy. My dad's brother and only sibling, survived by his wife and two children. It's surprising how much we can adapt to online and screen interactions. I found the ceremony very moving. My sister-in-law took the screen over to my mum so she could touch the coffin on it, which mum found very affecting. And more positively, there's you and your granddaughter, Nicos, which was really nice to read about. Not the same as being there in person, but better than nothing.

No gardening today. I really want to get ahead of some work and then take some time off next week. I can still buy onion seedlings in nurseries. What do you reckon? They won't come to much so too late to be worth the effort? (It would be quite a bit of effort, especially on Mr Snoop's part, as the ground is very badly overgrown.)

Have a great day, everyone. Smiles ready and waiting by the kettle. They're half asleep after such an early start to the day, so should be easy to grab.

Comment

• Morning
                          Think it's just stopping raining Hope so . Dog walk time.
                          No plans yet.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, correct me if I’m wrong but it is May isn’t it? Wild and wet here all through the night, it’s more like Winter than Spring. Not too chilly though.
                            Have a great day whatever your weather x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Lottie, just read your news and I’m so excited for you!! Congratulations!! Enjoy the wedding too, I’m sure you will.
                              Our baby is doing well too. She is now 10 weeks old, doesn’t time fly. Loads of gurgling conversations and smiles...love her to bits! FaceTime is a wonderful thing Nicos isn’t it?

sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Ta muchly for the tea Flo...perfect timing!

Fantastic news lottie - to both events....that’s definitely put a grin on my face I’m sure you’re going to have a wonderful day!

Sorry to hear about your uncle Snoop. It’s good that funerals are recorded these days, but not the same as being able to hug your relatives at such a sad time.

My good news is that we finally got our spuds planted. Tiny little wrinkled things but with healthy chits, but they will pick up.

Its ridiculously windy here today- didn’t see that coming!

More indoor ‘stuff’ today but I’m crossing my fingers ( the spare two not tied up for lottie) that it’ll calm down a bit so I can crack on with weeding the drive again. Just a few more hours should get it sorted.

See ya later peeps!..nearly weekend again!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X