Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all,nice day here,have to go find my MOjo,got some fruit in the freezer,could be made into jam,and some eggs to make cake,as for a diet,have to yet read up on it again,but only when we HAVE moved,it seems such a farce now,have heard of others moving much quicker,am hoping am not just dreaming it ,have a good day everyone.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Not surprised you're getting frustrated, LD. Cake sounds like a nice idea, though.

Getting a bit fed up with our internet connection. Another day on the blink. Otherwise, all good here. Planted out my courgettes last night, but it's a bit hot for them today and they're looking a bit wilty.

Not much other news. Mr Snoop has taken Frankie to the vet's over her/his eyes. Maybe the vet will be able to confirm if Frankie's a he or a she. And one of the dogs has gone too. She's got a grass seed head in one ear. I don't even like them stuck in my socks or shoes, can't imagine what it's like having one in an ear. I can't see it but she's doing the usual behaviour. We all got away with it last year but evidently not this year.

Have a lovely evening, everyone. Smiles on the loose, by the way.

Comment

• Good Evening All Fine here but cold. Hope you get your pets sorted out poor things. Shed has been painted today. Might inspire me to do some gardening! Have a pleasant evening
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Frankie is a he. Mr Snoop is a bit disappointed, I suspect. We're now up to an even balance of males and females in the household. Till we get chickens again, he says.
          Vet says Frankie's five weeks old, so he was just four weeks old when we got him.
          He's very feisty now he's back from the vet's. Antibiotics to be administered orally via pipette. Drops for the eyes. Good luck us... Dogs were glad to see him back, so that's a good sign. And he coped with the welcome, given that there are three of them, all huge, to his tiny self.
          Grass-seed-in-the-ear dog had to be knocked out. We're going to have to get her a bonnet, says Mr Snoop, to keep her ears down. They're very odd ears, neither pricked nor droopy but stick out at the side. She's quite a comical character.

Comment

• Evening its been sunny here all day, real t-shirt weather only spoilt by a couple of showers so not to bad.

I had my second Covid jab this evening, it's only a 10 min walk down the road in and out again in just 15 mins and that was with 20 people in front of me in the queue they're really efficient.

Enjoy your evening.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all

Lovely out there today, 8 degrees and still. Not sure what's on the cards for today but popping over to see family in north Lincs tomorrow so will have to prep for that at some time.

Have fun
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Mr Bones, morning all.

Off out this morning to plant out peppers, aubergines and some lettuce if I have time. All going well, although the basil plants are looking oddly 'burnished'. Can't think of a better word to describe it. Not just one but all of them (about 14). Not sure if it's too much nutrient of some variety from the muck. Nights haven't been that cold, at least not up by the house.

Slowly but surely getting through the work as well. Thank goodness.

Have a good day all. Bag of biscuits and a sack of smiles over by the kettle. Help yourselves and have a good day.

Comment

• Morning
                  We have a foggy start today . 3degrees the greenhouse was down to.
                  Youngest dog still has upset tum for trying bland food so starvation for her today, can hear her tummy from here, bless her. Oldest dog has vet appt to check leg injury and I've got my 2nd vaccine appt today. Eventful day .
                  Hoping it stays dry for some garden 'sanity time' After yesterday's showers.
                  Enjoy your day . Crumpet anyone ?
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all

Quite bright this morning but have decided to give the bricklaying a miss for today as I am aching all over. It could have summat to do with the hand weeding I did at allotment yesterday afternoon though.
                    Seeds to sow (beetroot and spinach) today and devote rest of day to housework and my home garden.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.
                      Sunny and still outside, I've been sorting seeds, sowed 2 types of kale and need to find a corner for radishes, beetroot and lettuce. I try beetroot every year, but I think it needs more water than I'm prepared to give it, and I'm not over keen on radishes, but I've got the seeds so they may as well be sown
                      Hope everybody's animals recover/heal/behave

Have a good day all.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning its sunny and dry here, GH low was 6.8c but fleeced covered toms are doing fine even got tiny toms on a few of the plants.
                        No plans today I feel a bit achy.
                        Enjoy your day.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Anyone doing strawberries?

Apparently it's going to be a good yr for them , big fat juicy ones due to cool long winter
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon all,another fine day,ref making jam from frozen fruit,hoho humhum,nothing has been weighed prior to freezing,soo,am just gona play it by ear,got plenty of nice lemons and sugar,if not set as jam,it should keep fine to use as a sauce for what every,just do not want to get rid of it before move,as it might defrost on a rough 1.5 hour trip,not counting putting it in and out the freezer both ends,plus the freezer will have to be defrosted i think anyway,so trying to only leave enough stuff for my large freezer bag,if i missed owt advice please,am trying my best to be soooooo positive,oooh just thought,will ask a friend if i can put a bags worth in their freezer over night come moving,that will enable me to properly defrost them,am glad my brains are still ticking over,have a good afternoon and don't do to much
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Glad you're managing to stay positive Lottie (can't be easy the way things have been for you). My fingers are still firmly crossed for you
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Bit late checking in...but I’ve been a Domestic Goddess in the kitchen trying to use up some eggs - we’ve given away 2 dozen and with all my baking were down to.....

4dozen eggs!

pecan pie; coffee, pecan and raisin cake , plus coconut and mango cake.

I’ll get there in the end even if it means freezing some. I don’t want to fill the freezer with cake for obvious reasons!
                                Had enough of being indoors...need to do something constructive outside again.

We’ve had really mixed weather again.... cold hosepipe rain with rumbling thunder followed by hot sunshine and blue skies.

I might nip out now and start weeding the drive again....
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X