Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all,nice and fresh so far,got some windows open,and heating off,have read that we supposed to be getting a 16 day heatwave next month,must go into the green house and do some potting on,things for son's allotment(this is the last year i will be doing it,unless he comes to see us and take some back with him),and an odd few toms,cues and squash for me to take,i can but live in hope of moving,before i get triffids,i am very anoyed that we will have to miss a granddaughters wedding,i have not got the confidence to drive down the motorways,plus no extra help with MR,as it is my support bubble,and will be tied up,and rightly so,there is a place for us as well,but nowhere suitable to stay either,
    sky looking dirty just now,we in for summat dirty you can bet,have a good day huggs all round seeing it's the day look in later
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Don't blame you about not fancying a motorway drive Lottie, you have to have eyes in your elbows for that
      Just had a pre-covid blast, been for a walk in Clumber Park. Not done that since a week before the first lockdown. It was nice and quiet, lovely bird song and the rain held off until we were driving back.
      Soon as it stops I need to pop down the plot to cut asparagus for later.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Afternoon all. Late on parade as our internet connection is playing up again. Need to get in touch with them and find out what's going on. Been unable to use it quite a bit recently.

Originally posted by bramble View Post
        Snoop, hope Frankie is behaving.
        Depends on who you are. If you're one of our dogs, she's behaving very badly. But he's resting in his own bed at last, safe from her terrorising him. We thought we'd lost her somehow. Couldn't find her anywhere. Turns out she's worked out how to get into our bedroom (it's off to the side and has a little hole covered by a blanket cut in the door so the cats can get in). She must have watched one of the other cats get in and had hauled herself up the quilt onto the bed. Mr Snoop doesn't believe she really managed this and that I must have plonked her on the bed and forgotten all about it. But no. Anyway, there she was, cool as you like, having a jolly good clean. She's worked out how to clean her eyes too. Must have got fed up of me doing it for her. With any luck, she'll be able to sort herself out on that front and save herself a visit to the vet, which was on the cards for tomorrow. We did somebody a favour by taking her in, but we're very fond of her and glad she's here.

Not much other news. Tried to do some gardening this morning but work got in the way. Tomorrow maybe.

Smiles galore going spare, especially now Nicos is adding to them. Rary has no idea what he started, leaving them in the Gardeners' Rest. Hope you all have a lovely afternoon.

Comment

• Afternoon
          Have been planting a few things out amongst thunder bangs , been rained off now
          Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.Just finishing off cutting the foliage from the daffs when it opened the heavens.
            There has to be an upside though. O.H has just arrived with two magnums.
            As he always says, these are lifes little pleasures.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Rain stopped a bit so went to gh . Potted on some cosmos seedlings. Short dog walk time again.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon, no seed sowing today I ended up potting on instead the plants have shot up lately.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning
                  The sun is shining. Had a light frost last night , ice on the bird bath . 1.8 in the greenhouse.
                  Plan to be in the garden today
                  Enjoy your day.

Kettle is on and a selection of breakfasts ready
                  Last edited by Containergardener; 18-05-2021, 04:37 AM.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all
                    I could fancy a brew CG at least we don't have a frost, 6 degrees here and high cloud

Enjoy your day
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all

Just put the bin out and it seems quite bright just now. Need to get to the plot at some tome today so hopefully it will stay bright.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning a sunny start GH temp shot up from 6c to 28c as soon as the sun hit. there seems to be a lot of bird activity in the garden mostly sparrows falling out with each other.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely cuppa - thanks CG
                          Any chance I could take a couple of those over there for my brekkie/ brunch?...
                          * points to the hot buttered oatcakes....
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all from a very dull Dublin.
                            Out for my walk shortly and then some gardening.
                            Hoping to plant out my dahlias this afternoon as they are becoming pot bound.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Been rained off.. again its cold too.

Yes , help yourself Nicos. I'm dieting 😁

Bren, sparrows. Alot of that here too , always seem to be arguing.

Young dog has an upset tum today, excellent with leg injured older one

Hoping rain will give over so I can put the washing back out.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Sun is back out
                                ***runs outside***

Raining again
                                Last edited by Containergardener; 18-05-2021, 12:06 PM.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X