Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning we have sunshine not for long rains due later.

Good luck with your kitty Snoop, we raised an orphan two week old collie the bitch had been run over leaving 8 pups behind and the owner couldn't cope with looking after them all so we took one we must have done something right she lived to the ripe old age of 18.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all, we have sunshine.
      We have had cats for years but they have passed now,
      The only thing I hated was when they dug their claws into the settees and pulled threads.
      Anyway, I am sure he will bring you lots of enjoyment.
      Gardening and going to plant out some of my bedding plants today.
      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        A little rescue kitten Snoop?...good for you - (would now be a good time to think of getting a female kitten too so they can interact and learn together?...just a thought!)
        So...come on....what’s the little lad like and has he got a name yet? awwww.
        I’d love another kitten/ cat, but “sweet,butter wouldn’t melt huntress Hibou” attacks cats and dogs in her territory ​​​​​​ There are so many ferrule cats here
        We wanted a female kitten to keep our ageing tom company. He's given up looking for our aged female that we had to have put to sleep last year. But he still can't settle and is obviously lonely. They were extremely close. Our other cat is very solitary. Hates another cat going near her. So we thought another female might be a good idea. And one of the ladies in town who deals with the local feral cat problem (and they are a problem) said she was looking for a home for two-month-old female. Not up for two kittens, to be honest. That would mean four cats. Even three is a lot in winter as they all want to be on our bed.

He's very dark at the moment, almost black, but looks like he's going to be a very dark grey with black tabby stripes. At the moment, he's got very blue eyes, so we chose the name Frankie after 'old blue eyes' when we thought he was a she. Just as well it'll do for him too.

He's got bags of character. Fearless with the dogs, in fact he's optimistic one might be his mum but she's not sure she likes having him pad up and down on her tail. But she is fascinated by him. Our cats think he's an abomination. Not surprised about the female and a bit disappointed that there's not much chance of a friendship with the tom.

Upshot, really glad he's going to be dog friendly. Bit sad about our ageing tom.

Comment

• Currently sitting in the lotty shed, raining buckets it is. Quite nice though.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• A lovely afternoon here, so far.
            I have planted some of my dahlias and some of my cosmos.
            Waiting for it to cool down so I can get on with potting up my tomatoes in the greenhouse.
            Have a good afternoon all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
              Busy day yesterday, followed by torrential rain. Very soggy out there just now and 5degrees. Working and some greenhouse potting on is on the cards today.
              Dogs to walk and hope it doesn't rain on us.
              Enjoy your day.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning CG and all

Some rain it was yesterday, accompanied by bright lightning and very loud thunder.
                7 degrees and quiet now with fairly high cloud.

Not sure what's on the cards for today but enjoy yourselves
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Clear blue sky today, which probably means rain later (fine before seven, rain before eleven ). Emptied the dalek yesterday and spread it around the garden. There were masses of worms in it, so the blackbird followed me round - he has big babies to feed.

Not sure what's on the cards today so I'll just play it by ear. The grass needs cutting but it's too damp ATM

Have a good day all.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Sunny morning here, but still some frozen patches in the hedgerows from last night's storm. First of all chunks of hail, enough to put a carpet of white down and then thunder and lightening and heavy rain (Is it really May?) Somehow my husband slept through it. I was just happy we didn't lose the electricity. I actually slept well afterwards. Today care home visiting and then a trip to the allotment.

Comment

• Morning all

Grass is desperate for a cut so will try to get that done today. Need to go to allotment at some time and generally progress seed sowing and weeding. Also need a trip to DIY store to buy materials for my front step project.

So, a busy day ahead, I had better get cracking!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning, everyone.

Raining... I wasn't expecting that. Anyway, the forecast says it'll be dry and bright this evening. So I'll save gardening time till then. Got plenty to keep me occupied meanwhile.

Frankie's asserting his presence in the household. Two older cats fed up. Dogs doing their best to keep out of his way. Currently sitting on my shoulder, doing his best not to fall asleep but failing. He's making me all dozy too.

Right, on with the show. Have a good one, everyone. Help yourself to smiles.

Comment

• Morning, had another thunder storm yesterday evening I still keep candles handy a few years ago during a storm the electric would be cut of that hardly happens now.

Sounds like your new kitty is finding his feet Snoop, fun times ahead watching his antics
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Its an odd May GF that's for sure.
                            Sun was trying to appear on our walk.
                            Attached Files
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Frankie sounds good fun Snoop! Never a dull moment eh?

Sopping wet outside although it has finally stopped raining so I thinks it’s going to be a ‘Mrs Mop / Domestic Goddess’ day for me.
                              Naturally I’ll be needing another brew before I get stuck in!...help yourselves- there are some chocolate McVities spare too...I found some in the local supermarket!

Half way to weekend and less than 5 weeks until midsummers Day....when am I going to be be able to turnoff the heating?
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good all. A dull but dry morning here.
                                We had no rain at all here yesterday in spite of the forecast.
                                Some errands this morning and then some garden time.
                                Love the sound of Fankie Snoop, lots of fun times ahead.
                                Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...