This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin Bonesn’all

Happy May Day...I used to take my children to see our local MayDay procession each year...aww happy memories.
    I usually pick some cherry blossom for the table today - and good grief!...OH has just mentioned it!
    I have a feeling I might just about find some rather frost bitten apple blossom instead.

No frost bones?...that’s cos we’ve got it...and a heavy mist. I’ll not be rushing out into the garden this morning that’s for sure! Brrrr...

Its a Bank Holiday here today so all the shops are shut - not that I’m planning on going out.

Anyone fancy a brew?....
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning MrB
      We have the frost , -2.7 in the greenhouse this morning.
      Have defrosted birdbath and put out some more bits out for the birds. Have put my plants outside from gh into sunny area.
      Forecast is only showing sun this morning then to cloud over, so thatl cool it off again.
      On the plus my cosmos sown thursday and put into propagator have germinated .
      Enjoy your day .
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.
        the weather is trying to pretend there was no frost, but I was up early enough to see a white tinge on the roofs and cars By 7am it had all disappeared.

Domestics done, bin back in - our regular collection is Mondays, but being a Bank Holiday the refuse collectors came today. They were here and gone by 8.15am

So the rest of the day is my own. Gardening methinks.

If you've another brew on, Nicos, I'll have one while I plan what needs doing.
        Last edited by mothhawk; 01-05-2021, 07:57 AM.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning no frost today for me either it was a warn 4c overnight in my GH it makes a change from the usual 1c I've been getting.

Apple blossoms looking pretty today and the rest of the garden is starting to green up so a good start to May.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Feels colder than it is according to the thermometer. Really windy and miserable grey skies. Another 1 cm of rain forecast today. So still no gardening. Some of my seedlings are really keen to get into the ground. Going to have to wait a few days, though. With any luck, the wind will help dry the surface off a bit next week.

Plenty to keep me busy indoors, as per. In fact, this feels just like an as per day.

Smiles on the loose, as per... I've told them to mill around the kettle, so you should spot them.

Have a good day all. Happy May.

Comment

• Morning all

Just sowed 8 different pinches of herb seed bought as a pack from Aldi and bunged them in the propagator. Not sure whether they all need heat so it will be interesting to see what germinates.
              Really heavy frost this morning but dissipated quickly after sun rise.

TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all. No frost here and the sun is shining.
                All the plants are outdoors and are well ready to be planted out.
                Pitch and putt had reopened so I will be off out shortly to play with my sister.
                Have a good day all whatever your doing.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine here but a bit chilly. Foot is still sore so it will be a challenge hanging out the washing. Have a good day All
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Flo, hope your foot is not too painful.

Spent a lovely afternoon with my sister and no rain fell.
                    Just brought all my plants into the greenhouse for the night.
                    Low temps forecast again for tonight.
                    Hope all had a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Ouch Flo.....looks like you did a ‘proper’ job of spraining it

Hope it heals quickly.

Comment

• Morning all
                        it's frosty for a change

Keep safe Flo

Happy Sundays
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning MrB
                          Lighter frost , it was also lovely and sunny which had now turned to cloud, even so all the plants are out of the greenhouse.
                          Food shop arriving later but think I will sow more salads, also going to sow poppies today. Will make the most of outside before the rains appear.
                          Enjoy your day .
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

For our early morning ‘treat’ today Hibou presented us with a tiny leaflet (bit like you get inside a packet of tablets) but this was fitting instructions for a cutoff tap for the camper.
                            Its no wonder things get lost in this house

So far she’s ‘found ‘ 3 tiny Xmas decorations which she’d clearly ‘hidden’ previously.....so maybe there’s hope for that final piece of m6 jigsaw?

We had quite a heavy frost again this morning ...my poor apple and pear tree blossom
                            I opened the window to breathe in the crispy morning air....and ended up sneezing and eyes running with hayfever Thank goodness for antihistamines eh?

Not sure what today will bring but if I can keep my hayfever under control I’d like to spend it outside!

Right...time for a brew....help yourslves

Comment

• Morning an early frost but my GH temp soon shot up when the sun hit it. plants have been carried around and in their 'day places'.

enjoy todays sunshine.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunshine here. Chairs out, son is bringing breakfast! Have a lovely Sunday and thanks for the good wishes, I hope it heals soon too
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X