Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15cm of mulch will certainly work well but I think for most of us it would be a luxury. An allotment neighbour near us took on a weeded plot in late November, covered with cardboard and due to budget restrictions topped with about 5cm of compost. She's had a few weeds but nowhere near as many as conventionally worked plots. It would be fair to say that so far it's working really well for her.
    I think I'd be inclined to meter your muck out in piles dotted about and see how it looked once spread.
    Last edited by Mr Bones; 27-04-2021, 05:36 AM.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Done not a thing in the garden today , other than move dog toys so OH could cut the grass. We've had very light rain but more is forecast. Had a 2.5hr walk through forests with the dogs who are fast asleep , also the power has been on and off all afternoon. Hoping it stays on now.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Nothing doing in the garden except watering the potato pots...
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good evening all.
          Got lots done the garden this afternoon.
          Planted up my 5 large window boxes with trailing geraniums, trailing loblia, verbena and ageratum.
          They are the greenhouse until,the night time temperature improves.
          Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
            Mild and cloudy today. Kettle's on
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all
              I'm up for a cuppa Mothawk, thank you

Overcast today and 5C

Catch you later
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin MHn’all
                Is that cuppa for me?...how very kind! Ta muchly

very Misty start to the day...I get the feeling it’s going to be perfect weather for gardening!
                Not quite sure what OH has planned for me - every day is an adventure eh!?

We are taking the camper for its certificate of safety for its gas fitting on Thursday. It’ll be nice to have an outing! Lets just hope it passes!
                Friday it’s having the heater connected to the petrol tank and headlights replaced.

Every day is one step nearer!!!!

Enjoy your day peeps....

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning
                  Grey and overcast here. Had some rain overnight , forecast is for showers the rest of the week.
                  Enjoy your day . Off with the dogs.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all. Feels like the afternoon already after all these recent early mornings.

Mr Snoop off to try and sort out his Spanish driving licence. I'm on dog-walking and work duties. Plenty to do indoors, which is just as well as we're forecast drizzle for most of the day.

Big news here: I could have left the tom plants out, as the low overnight was just over 10 ºC. Due to drop again in a few nights' time but that looks to be it for frost for this year (barring cold snaps later on, which do sometimes happen but I'm just going to ignore that inconvenient fact).

Two blackbirds have taken up residence in our valley and there's a third somewhere up on the highland. Lovely to hear them, though I imagine they're exhausting themselves, especially at night.

Thanks for the info, Mr Bones. Good to know and very inspiring.

So, before I use up all the smiles, I'd better shoo a load out in all your directions. Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning a rather a dull day with rain due later I've placed empty trugs and buckets out to collect any rainwater be nice to get my water butts topped up.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, dull, damp and a bit chilly here too. Put the heating on for half an hour this morning, thought I was done with that!
                        Domestics and a walk for me today, not risking the shops for a while.
                        Enjoy your day everyone . x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here too. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Am I the only one with sunshine then?

I’ll pass it on to you later
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. A dull start to the day here as well.
                              Some domestics this morning and a few errands to run.
                              A walk and some more gardening on the cards.
                              Thanks for the smiles Snoop, always happy to catch some.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• No sunshine here either but no rain either yet. We need the rain but generally dull and cloudy is just plain demoralising. If the rain doesn't materialise we're off to the allotment shortly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X