Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless I’ve missed something I still can’t find a “first unread”. I’m not going to furtle around looking, so I don’t know what people have said. Forgive me.

I went for my second jab today. The nurse asked me what I was going to do with the rest of my day and i said I’d be in the garden. She asked if i had a big garden. A bit of an odd question. How do you rate the size of a garden?

My answer was “ large by modern standards, but small by the standard I’d been brought up with”. It’s actually about the size of a standard allotment. I ended up going to buy milk and actually getting a major shop. I’m now exhausted so garden will still be there tomorrow.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Just checking in to see how you all are doing. Have a good night
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^You too, FF.

Comment

• All good here Flo!
          I was thinking about you the other day....aren't you thinking of retiring soon?I'll miss our early morning chats - not that I wake up so early these days

Our Heating engineers are arriving tomorrow - so it'll be interesting to see what's wrong with the boiler.
          No hot water or central heating still. Funny how you long for a nice hot soak in a bath when you can't have one
          Still glad we have the woodfires!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all
            Nothing done here in the garden either Janie. Not sure where the day went tbh. Pottered about but was a bit tired today.
            Hope they can sort your boiler Nicos and don't need to order a part.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark still but feels warm. I keep thinking about retiring Nicos, but not quite ready to yet. Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Chilly morning.

Glad to see the football Super League has been kicked into touch.
                No plans for today.Sown two types of sunflowers yesterday. Dwarf multi-flowering and supposedly 4 metres tall versions. I got the dwarf seeds off my neighbour who got them free from Morrisons?
                Because we have a bit of a competition going I gave her some of my tall growing seeds to make it a fair contest.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all
                  8C so no frost but there's a chilly north easterly making it feel much colder than the last few days.
                  Not a good time to be without your boiler Nicos, hope they can sort it for you.

Enjoy your day
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all
                    Couldn't agree more re super league Snadger.

Sun is making an appearance but yep that's a cool northerly today. No frost but i see that's returning again tonight , ugh.
                    Rubbish sleep again but hoping to be out in the garden today. Lots to do still to pull it back from being unable to tackle it.
                    Weeding , planting, moving hellebores , potting on, pricking out, seed sowing for starters
                    Enjoy your day.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all D

We have an appointment booked for later on today to ‘look at’ the boiler problem...yipppeee!

Grey start to the day - no frost. Yesterday we sat outside in the garden for an hour and it really felt like summer is just around the corner. But not the case this morning

Thanks for the prompt Snadge....I’ll get my sunflowers started this week too.

Good to see you Janie - hope the after effects aren’t too bad.

Not sure what today will bring - I’ll wait and see , no doubt OH has plans for me

Enjoy your day peeps

Comment

• Know the feeling Cg...we’re planning major changes in our garden/ veggie plots too and are soooo far behind, but as Janie wisely says - the garden will still be there tomorrow .

Comment

• Not stuck my head out of the door yet but it looks cold, windy and grey. The wall to wall sunshine from the last few days has spoilt us. I was working in a t-shirt yesterday and my husband had found his shorts. It was nice to chat with more different people too (socially distanced of course).

Comment

• Morning all. Grey and cloudy out there, drizzle forecast.

Mr Snoop is full of beans this morning and I am not. Really need to wake up and shake a leg. Maybe I'll take a look at the smiles and see if I can persuade a few to come out. Seems like they fancy a lie-in too this morning. They're a bit sluggish so should be easy to catch today as they go by.

Absolutely masses to do. Maybe that's why I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Have just seen that somewhat unusually I am to be given a credit in a catalogue published by a body that normally doesn't do that kind of thing. I was quite pleased till I realised they're just buttering me up as there's yet more work when supposedly it's finished. Grrr.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning not much sunshine around today never mind at least its not raining
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I think your sun has appeared over here Bren
                                The sun is burning it’s way through the clouds and there is just a high haze left.
                                Looks like I’ll be out there gardening after all!

We had some of OH’s smoked salmon this morning with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Absolutely delish!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X