Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Morning, Trip. Good to see you.

Pockets of frost in sunken areas but mostly frost-free here. Another very cold weekend forecast, though. And then rain! Will try and get scything finished at least and get a bed ready for sowing before the rain. With any luck, it'll help with germination.

Plenty of work to get through today before that, sadly. So better get on with it.

Have a great day, everyone. Smiles as per for those as want them or fancy taking spares for others.

Comment

• Morning another frosty start but the suns now burnt it away apart from one area in front of the wall. Toms, cuc and courgettes are in the GH for the day then in the garden cloches have been lifted.
      A bit of everything today gardening, shopping and going for a stroll.
      enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Setting off for the allotment shortly. I can't wait to see if the asparagus has grown any bigger. I'm hoping for some to eat by next week.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another heavy frost again

Trip!!!!....really lovely to see you again

Cg...fantastic news re your kidney function - what a relief for you to hear that!

All this talk of greenhouses!...I’m certainly getting greenhouse envy...ah well , my tiny blowaway is better than nothing eh?
          We did look into getting one of the storm resistant ones a while ago but sadly it’s not going to happen for various reasons.

anyone got plans for the weekend now some of you have had lockdown has eased?

We are waiting to hear if we are on target for easing of ours soon....seems too early to me.

Right...more weeding and hopefully a trip to town later on this afternoon for more diy things and the post office. If not, it’ll absolutely HAVE to be tomorrow!

Enjoy your day peeps!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. It was frosty earlier but its beautiful now.
            Trip, its lovely to see you back again,.
            Hope everything has been going well for you.
            Plants are all outdoors hardening off.
            A few errands to run this morning and then back to work in the garden.
            Have a great day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Lovely to see you here again Trip

I did the grory hop this morning, well, C&C, but not too early so the sun had melted the frost off the car which saved me a scrape job. I intended to go to the GC on the way home, but the car park looked pretty full so I gave it a miss. Will visit early one day next week instead.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all,what a nice day it has been,HI Trip nice to hear from you,yesterday i found my inner rotwheiler ?GRRRR,had a chat again with our solicitor,then the planning dept,then got passed onto the searches dept,they did go in person on 1st FEB to collect the relevant documents,solicitor got onto their side straight away,and sent me copy of emails,it does rather seem like it is our buyers dragging their feet,apparently they were expected to sign ,about the 19th march,but no contact with their solicitor to date,am just so anxious now,wondering what they playing at,they seem to be the rusty part of our tiny chain,our seller,us our buyer and their first time/investor buyer,am having a job to control the rotwheiler,take and Bgoood2yourselves
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• ^I wondered if that might be the case, LD. A developer doesn't have the same incentive to get things moving as someone looking for a home. In fact, delay sometimes suits them as vendors might reduce their price just to get things going. I'd put your house back on the market.

Comment

• If they are waiting for outline planning,it will be in the councils backlog,and if they NOT get it,back out ,then what charges will i get from from both our agent and solicitor,i cannot and will not come down any more on the price than i already have,it is our agent that will NOT give me a appropriate response,keeps saying evrything is fine,all moneys in place IS moving along,and it be our buyers,buyer,that we waiting for,i am so mixed up,as to what way to jump or hold on tight,our eldest will speak with him if i wish,but do not want to upset the apple cart,it is a well known fact that,some men will NOT deal with women,only men,so another reason i think i could be being missled,gggggggggrrrrrrrr,need a muzzle for that rotwheiler,my ganger is up,but if i start,will no doubt regret it after ooohhh eeerrr.,just have to see if my solicitors email of yesterday gets anywhere,then i shall start.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all

Thanks for all the hellos
                      Well that year has flown by despite the various lockdown phases

All good here despite the usual crap life sometimes throws at you..
                      had plenty of ups and downs but still on the right side of things.

Enjoyed the winter despite the lack of snow but am ready for gardening now. Onions and garlic in since last October are doing well and lots of chillis and tomatoes at the ready 😋
                      Other half starting to take an interest in the flower side of things so that's a bonus

And have a new dog who thinks he is the only dog in the world.
                      you could even say he is vain
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

• Morning All
                        Clear and frosty again
                        "Inner Rottweiler" I like that description Lottie wouldn't want to cross one though.. ha. I do hope it all picks up for you.
                        Happy Saturdays
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all
                          Yet again another frost, not as bad but still -0.7 in the blowaway inside the greenhouse. Feels colder.
                          The sun is appearing so another day in the garden. Need to water my pots too.
                          On with the day.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Got to take one of the in-laws for their second covid jab later this afternoon but apart from that the allotment is beckoning to me and the sun is shining!

Comment

• lottie dolly, maybe you should talk to your solicitor about the fees situation. I'm not sure how agents calculate their fees these days but your solicitor will probably be able to advise you on what to expect there. Where I lived in the UK, it used to be a percentage of the sale price, so extra work finding another buyer wouldn't result in extra fees. But you'd need advice on that. Getting an advocate, your son or someone else, to intervene on your behalf might not be a bad idea. For all the 'professionals' involved, and that includes your buyer if they're a developer, buying and selling a house is just a financial transaction. But somebody needs to impress on them that this is a human situation and the longer it goes on, the more difficult MR will find it to adjust to a new environment. And those 'professionals' will be personally to blame for that.

I'm seething with anger on your behalf. I can't begin to imagine how you must feel.

Comment

• Morning all.

Chilly and cloudy out there. One weather forecast says it'll be bright and warm. The other one agrees till late this afternoon, when there's a 10% possibility of snow, apparently. Talk about hedging your bets!

Plenty to do today, but got some gardening plans. The forecast rain, assuming the forecasts are right of course, is working in my favour. Light drizzle by the look of it for four days. Time to get carrot seeds in the ground, methinks.

Some of the smiles are getting a bit antsy at being stuck in the bag for so long. The cats are very interested in all the wriggling going on. Help yourselves, it'll make my life easier.

Oh, and have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X