Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening, we went for a nice cycle ride earlier and then a walk round the village after dinner, with no clouds and an east wind straight off a cold sea it's still too cold to do any gardening yet, plenty going on in the greenhouse, peas in modules look like a success and it looks like all my seed sowings in the blowaway in the greenhouse are germinating with no extra heat, considering we have minus temps every night, a bit of a surprise if I'm honest.

Comment

• Good Morning All No ground frost but windscreen is iced. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning
        Another frosty start, -1 in the blowaway inside the greenhouse.
        Siskins, goldfinches and chaffinches are fighting over the feeders.
        The sun is shining so I shall tackle more garden jobs, may have to be weeding!
        Enjoy your day.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all
          Frost here too, -1 and sunny. Grocery shopping this morning, still only one person (ideally) from each household allowed in the shop so I'll be sat in the car again.

Enjoy the day
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning everybody.
            Frosty here too but the sun is melting it fast. The bluetits have accepted the chicken wire I've put around their chosen box - I've had to totally surround it because we have a local cat who can walk up a fence as if he is wearing crampons, so the box needs protection from below as well as above.

Enjoy the day all, I think it's going to turn out warm.
            Last edited by mothhawk; 15-04-2021, 06:58 AM.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Just been watching the sparrows eating my yellow primroses.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                -3C last night and another heavy frost.
                Nice blue sky though so hopefully more gardening in the warmth of the sun later on?
                Iwas going into the local town today but it’s being postponed until tomorrow now, so the day is my own. In theory.

Having hunted high and low for material to cover the benches/ mattress in the camper I’ve finally found a shop in Caen selling a good selection. Can’t go there until after lockdown ( early May) but it’s a relief to have got that sorted.

enjoy your day peeps- nearly weekend!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. I got a good few hours at the allotment yesterday.It was mainly sunny but with a cold wind. My jacket was like a yoyo (on...off...on....off). Frosty this morning but melted now and the sun is shining.🌞 Hopefully a few hours at the allotment again.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bet primroses are very tasty, Containergardener, but I'd be fuming at the loss too.

Chilly here but no frost. Miserable grey skies but no rain forecast. 75% probability of snow tomorrow and a cold weekend ahead. But thereafter, temperatures look to be on the rise at long last. Be a while before my tomato seedlings sleep out at night though. Oh, guess what? The Gardener's Delight seeds have germinated after all these years. Now I'm wishing I hadn't sown so many but had kept some for next year!

Mr Snoop is in town today. So I'll be able to clear some work, leaving time free at the weekend to do some weeding and scything. And sowing maybe of seeds that won't mind the cold too much. We brought up water from the well yesterday for the first time this year. I think Mr Snoop is hoping that will give him more time to get my automatic irrigation system installed. And yes it will, but not much.

So, I'd better step on it if I'm to make the most of the day. Smiles galore, everyone. Shame Rary isn't here to grab some too. After all, they were his to start with.

Have a great day, guys.

Comment

• Sitting outside the supermarket but at least the sparrows aren't eating my primroses and we don't have snow forecast 🙃
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• And neither am I inside the ambulance that's just flown past all blue lights and sirens..
                        Got to count your blessings... I'll take a few of those smiles Snoop
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, slight frost last night, but a sweaty plus 0.2 degrees inside the greenhouse lol. Might get the grass cut when the frost has dried off, take care all.

Comment

• Good morning all. Its a beautiful sunny morning. We have decided to go up the coast for an outing as the weather is to change after today.
                            The plants are all out in the sun hardening off.
                            We will probably do a grory hop on the way home, save us from going out again.
                            Have a good day whatever your up to.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Henceforth, Bramble, my grocery shop shall always be known as "doing the Grory Hop". Sounds like an energetic dance from the thirties.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Nice one Bramble , that one made me laugh 😅
                                and thanks for deciphering Mothawk, struggling to work it out until I read your post
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X