This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Snoop!

GF….our original intention was to take the camper via the tunnel, but it’s not ready.
    Then I found out the air in the tunnel is partly recycled where as the boat is fresh air…so the ferry seemed the lesser of two evils.
    We wanted to get there and back before the school hols hence the sudden decision.
    Today is oh’s 14 th day post 2nd vaccine too so we felt we could finally bite the bullet.

We’re nearly fully packed which is most unusual - it’s usually a mad rush between 10-2am

If I don’t get on later, hope you all have a great time whilst I’m away…do remember to make a point of doing at least one naughty thing!
    (I’ll try and pop in when I can but the internet is pretty rubbish where we are staying.)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Safe journey Nicos, enjoy your cuddles
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Safe journey Nico’s and enjoy your meeting with your Granddaughter. I’ve just hear that I’m going to be a Great Grandmother for the third time!!
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Originally posted by roitelet View Post
          . I’ve just hear that I’m going to be a Great Grandmother for the third time!!
          oh wow!...how fantastic! many congrats!

Comment

• Nighty night everyone... see ya soon!

Comment

• Morning all

Bit late but safe journey Nicos
              Congratulations Roitelet

17 degrees and raining, looks like it could be on and off all day too. Not so good for folks who've worked all week but the garden will benefit.

Happy Saturdays
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I'm a worked-all-weeker Mr Bones, but am glad for the rain personally as it'll do the garden the world of good. Not sure how it affects the local wheat fields that were drying nicely though :-/

Last night we sat in the garden for the first time in whst felt like ages. Picked a bowl of strawbs from the end of the garden and sat and chilled out. Just what the doctor ordered
                Last edited by Shortie; 03-07-2021, 06:22 AM.
                Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Morning, all. Morning, Shortie. Good to see you.

Due to be a bit hotter today than yesterday. Managed to get out and watering at 6.30 am. Back in at 8.30 am. Too hot already outside. Frankie didn't bother with the dog walk this morning. Came in after playing and just flaked out on tiles, cooling his tummy. Who'd be a black cat or do in this weather?

Tedious tidying and organising jobs indoors on the cards for today. But I'll be glad when they're done.

Have a good one, all. Smiles are off looking for cooler climes. Hope they reach you soon.

Comment

• Morning

My GH temp was 16.9c overnight low that was with door, vents and louvers open. the highest this season. Looks like it will be mostly rain today but like others have said our garden and farms do need it.

Enjoy your day,
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I think I mentioned something about the "odd shower" this weekend. All I can say is that I feel that might have been an extreme understatement. At the moment it is coming down so hard it is bouncing back up. I mustn't moan as we really need it at the allotment. The soil was desperately trying to bake itself into concrete wherever I hadn't watered. I hope my last little rows of lettuce, rocket and radish don't get washed away.
                      I ordered the glass for the greenhouses yesterday morning and then picked it up on the way home so I hope it stops raining long enough for me to fit it and also erect another structure to grow some more beans up.

Comment

• Good Morning All thunderstorms forecast here and it's certainly hot enough. Drizzling at the moment. Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Raining at the moment so its looking likeashowery day here.
                          Have a good one.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
                            Already been out and about, 16C with 94% humidity (according to the Beeb) - feels like it too

Day of rest .. Ha
                            Enjoy your Sunday

PS Happy July 4 if anyone from across the pond is looking in..
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning thunder yesterday evening with more rain/thunder due today, there's bound to be breaks so I can nip into the garden.

Enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Set the alarm for 6.15 am but it was too dark outside to water. Days are noticeably shorter already!

Got all the watering done and about a third of the tomatoes tied up before I called it a day. Picked a huge bunch of basil for pesto. Bit of an odd breakfast, pasta and pesto, but I can't eat anything in the middle of the day, it's so hot. And yesterday I was grouchy in the afternoon. So breakfast it is. Supper at around 8 pm. In between, lots and lots of water.

Moving my office downstairs today. Yesterday's high was 39.9 ºC, but nights are now a bit warmer, about 15 ºC. Still cool enough to sleep though.

Before that, I've got the washing-up to do. Pesto is a messy business to make, especially if you decide you've chosen the wrong blender to make it in...

Have a good one all. Smiles went charging off early, so they're probably in your vicinity by now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X