This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

A bit 'parky' outside but still no sign of the promised rain.

Chainsawing on the cards for today.

Happy Fathers Day to all Dads!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning the garden feels nice and fresh after all the rain we've had a couple of shower this morning and the Met office says we've more to come today.

No real plans today apart from feeding toms etc.

Enjoy your Sunday.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All My mum used to say that every day was Father's Day Cooler here too and trying to rain. Have a lovely Sunday
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

we had a wonderful stormy night watching the lightning and listening to the rain.

As expected there was music in the distance until at least 3.30 ( when I fell asleep ) and still going on at 7am when OH woke up.
          It’s gone quiet for now thank goodness. Not noisy as such but enough to catch your attention.

Have fun with your chainsaw Snadge

I’m not sure what today holds in store either but no doubt jobs will get ‘done’.

Enjoy your day peeps!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh
and Happy Fathers Day to all fathers out there.

Comment

• Morning all.

Rained a bit this morning but now it's very hot. So extremely muggy. For assorted reasons, some of my gardening jobs yesterday didn't get done. Tying up toms and peppers today's jobs.

Tried to clear some of the fields yesterday but it's extremely slow going. Have given up on the idea of clearing any of it for this year. Will have to cut my cloth a bit but not the end of the world. There's always next year.

Better get on with things. Cup of tea first, though. Anyone want to join me? Nothing fancy, just PG Tips, but better than nothing.

Smiles over by the kettle, as per. Help yourselves and have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Another sunny morning and still n sign of rain.
                Its beenforecast several times but just fizzles out.
                The sun ground is so dry and the water butts are all empty.

Family visiting today so I wont be doing much garden related.
                Hav a good day all.
                Happy fathere day to all the dads on here.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all
                  you’d never guess
yup
rain

I did manage to pull up a few new sycamore seedlings coming up in the drive , have lunch outside during a dry spell and played a bit at Domestic Goddess

Where did the weekend go???

Comment

• Morning, hope you had a nice weekend, weather was lovely here so was in the garden quite a bit. Promised rain has not appeared.
                    Can’t sleep as it’s too warm but OH seems to be managing...surprised you all can’t hear the snoring!
                    Have a great day. Will pop in later for a catch up. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Jay and All Dull here with a forecast of rain. Hi Ho. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all and Happy Solstice

9 degrees here with light cloud, looks set to be dry so might be off for a walk.

Enjoy the longest day
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Similar weather here Mr Bones. Longest day already! It always makes me feel a bit sad, as if the summer is half over, when in reality there is the whole of July, August and September to enjoy. Full moon tonight also, perfect for a Midsummer Night's dreaming.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all. Weather forecast is giving a good chance of rain for this afternoon and I'm taking my husband and his brother on a care home visit to see their sister this morning so I'm not sure how much I'll get done at the allotment today. I'm wanting to get the last of the plants on my windowsills at home down to the greenhouse and into big pots. They are mostly replacements for ones that never germinated early on or that I managed to kill or let commit suicide. They'll need to go straight into MFBs though or they'll dry out too quickly.

Comment

• Morning all.

Chilly night here (by local standards, sorry Burnie). 11.6 ÂșC low. Really nice and cool for gardening. Planted out the rest of the leeks, did a bit of weeding and watered. And of course went around cursing the snail and slug damage. Still, plenty to be pleased about. Did not get the toms and peppers tied up. No real surprise there! Managed about half the tomatoes before I got too hot yesterday and lost patience. Forecast is cloudy afternoons for the next few days, so might get them done in the evenings. Not much more to plant out now. So, better start thinking about resowing some things.

Got to fish out some paperwork for the taxman (declarations in June here for the last financial year, which runs January to December) and have a video call about some other stuff. Goodness only knows where I'll do the video call. There's nothing like having no visitors to encourage one (me) to let the house fall into a natural state of usefulness (everything to hand) rather than all neat and tidy and put away... I think my natural state of being is that of slattern. There's a good old-fashioned word!

Right, that made me smile and reminded me there's a bag full of wriggly smiles just waiting to head on out. They're refusing to stay put by the kettle today but are determined to have a good fly about. Hope they reach you. Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning looks like more rain this afternoon so I'll make the most of this mornings weather and going for a stroll.

enjoy your day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X