Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two new auto vents to fit in the greenhouse ... mine packed up and I've only had it 25 years I got one I don't bang my bloody head on this time

Also got some more rhubarb to sow, so that two varieties now.

sun shining so the ground might start to dry out.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Afternoon all.
      Surprising how many pests there are already. Nipping flies and Eurydema dominula, stink bugs (apparently) that love brassicas. They're everywhere. Never seen so many. And they're obviously mating. Aargh!
      You need some guinea fowl, Snoop. They'll eat all those bugs and aphids and ticks too. They are also as good watchdogs as geese are, except they don't chase and peck
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Guinea fowl???...I can hear my neighbour’s from 2 miles away !

fun to hear but I’m glad they are no nearer!!!!
        Last edited by Nicos; 25-02-2021, 05:00 PM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon been lovely and sunny here so I've been out making the most of it.

Bramble I've got The Bizarre Bookshop I've got past the difficult stage so now the puzzle is coming together nicely.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bren, dont you just love them..Such a great pass time on the dark evenings.
            I made The Bemused Bookseller last autumn. It was difficult but well worth the effort.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• No wonder I can’t sleep....I’ve just realised it’s almost full moon
              It really seems to affect me...must be all my water content!
              I just knew it’s not fat!!!
              Last edited by Nicos; 26-02-2021, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• I’ve just been looking at various jigsaws- I’d no idea anything other than ‘ normal ‘ ones and 3D ones existed!

Comment

• Well...I'm awake again ...looks like Hibou is affected by the moon too!

Looks like our daughter has the consultant's OK to wait another few days. Methinks they may have reviewed her dates perhaps?...anyway, no other news apart from that.

I wonder if planting out fruit trees yesterday might help bring her on ?!!!

Today our 4x4 is due its first MOT and we are pretty sure it'll fail as we've not been able to get hold of a French left side headlight. Plenty of right hand ones around but we can't source any left hand ones.
                  Clearly not in production at the moment due to Covid...I hope they make exceptions because of that. Not good cos it's our main vehicle.
                  Fingers and toes crossed for us please, even if it makes gardening hard for you...everybit helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

You need some guinea fowl, Snoop. They'll eat all those bugs and aphids and ticks too. They are also as good watchdogs as geese are, except they don't chase and peck
                    I had the same thought as Nicos... Very noisy. We'd have the hunters here like a shot too. Oh, an unintended pun. Not sure whether to be pleased or apologetic.

Anyway, busy, busy again. Fortunately, only got to keep this up for the next few days, then it's only busy.

3D jigsaws? I had no idea such a thing existed. Mr Snoop might like making a globe. Is that the kind of thing you're talking about? I shall have to look into this. How do they keep shape? Do you glue the bits together? You'd have to be sure you'd got the right piece in the right place? And I'm trying to imagine what a jigsaw other than a 'normal' or '3D' one might be. Quantum? Chemicals? I shall have to look into this. Next week some time.

Right, on with the show. Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Mornin Snoop...hope you found the cuppa I'd left out for you?

I was wondering if you might be out by the bright moonlight gardening!...te hé!

I've never done a 3D puzzle...my brain goes into shock just thinking about them!
                      I think the ones Bren and Bramble were talking about have a different picture from the front of the box but clues to solve a mystery to help work it out? ( like what magic potion will save your life)... never heard of those either until I saw/ read about them yesterday I must try and keep up with the times!

Comment

• Good Morning you two and All and Happy Friday Very cold here today but no frost. On leave next week and I'm glad, it was hard getting up this morning. Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

There's a white frost here FF, clear blue sky and sunshine!

Snoop, I kept guineas with my banties for 5 years. They only make a row when intruders are about - fox, strange cats/dogs, people. They had free range, and mostly slept outside too, roosting on the roof ridge of the old coach-house.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all

Looks to be a light frost here as well but sun is shining that's the main thing.

I might try and whittle down the log pile today with a bit of chain sawing, we'll see.

TTFN
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning its frosty here as well, the garden looks all sparkly

The oddest puzzle I've done was a magic eye one the majority of the pieces looked the same.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• MH... Interesting! ....it looks like there are several different breeds of guinea fowl...I wonder if you had a quieter/ calmer breed?

Mornin Snadge...a nice bit of chainsawing sounds rewarding. Don’t ya just love the smell of freshly cut/ split wood?mmmm...

We also had a light frost overnight .
                                Yesterday I found a couple of last winters amaryllis sprouting in the barn...(couldn't find them when I looked for them in the autumn) so I left them outside during the day to get a bit of sunlight....and only just remembered them on the way to bed , so left them on the floor in the kitchen. Glad I did!!!!
                                Speaking of which....Lidl isn’t very far from the MOT centre we are going to this afternoon and they are selling Amaryllis in terracotta pots for 2.99€ so I may just quickly pop in and buy a few.
                                I think just buying the pot would normally cost more than that!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X