Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the hug gf...sort of feeling in need of one today Got to collect my moms certified death certificate later....

Peteyd...well, I’m desperate to see my children in the uk...and our first granddaughter due in February.Its been almost a year since we last saw them. Zooming and phoning is wonderful, but it’s not the same is it?

more realistically - I’d love to eat in a seafood restaurant by the coast which we discovered in 2019. We don’t generally eat out but had been there 3 times pre the first lockdown.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Looks like we may be having a 3rd lockdown soon, so thanks for the heads up gf...I should get the seed potatoes and shallots in ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Mornin n'alln'all

Beautiful and sunny here today...am just about to go and help with the floor insulation in the camper.

Janie - big hugs from me...maybe you can get a copy of the recording? I contacted the crem direct to say I wanted the link sent to me for my moms funeral and it arrived about 2 weeks later. At least that way you get to see and hear what went on, so don't feel totally excluded.
        Its only available for a month so you need to download it. I watched my moms a couple of times but I'll not be keeping it...horrendously sad as it was not to have been able to attend.
        It was absolutely awful. The only 4 of my and my exes family that were allowed to attend weren’t called in and had to make a fuss before his widow conceded that they were on the list. They were the only ones not allocated seats and had to stand. There was no streaming of the service. Everyone outside, 4 like me who weren’t invited but wanted to attend, and 3 or 4 drivers who’d taken non drivers, were told if we didn’t leave we’d be fined.

She now has a nickname in our family, FC. You can take a punt at what it means. There’s a lot more. It’s bad enough that we’re mourning but she had to try and humiliate us all as well.

There are a couple of positives, my children are speaking to each other again, and I’m going to get my furniture back.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Oh the thought of going out to a good seafood restaurant!!!! We rarely eat out (even before lockdown) as I am not a bad cook and it annoys me to pay top price for something that I can make better myself. I have even mastered a half decent Indian type curry and sweet and sour chicken (at least as good as my local chinese restaurant) during lockdown. Before lockdown I'd never attempted either. The thought of really fresh seafood (at the seaside) though is tantalising. Or just a really fresh seafood paella.

Comment

• Glad it’s over Janie...sounds like you behaved ‘correctly’ and can hold your head up high.

On the other hand FC ( that’s not for ‘ father Xmas ‘ is it?..) has shown publicly her true colours and it won’t have gone unnoticed
            It sounds more like she’s humiliated herself tbh!
            It’ll blow back on her in some form eventually.

Glad to hear your children are all pulling together now, so at least that’s something positive to have come out of this sad , yet deeply distressing episode.

Big hugs from me....gf is also handing them out today...and Snoop usually has a few of rary’s comforting smiles up her sleeve

Comment

• Yes, big hugs from me too, Janie.

Comment

• For you gf....This was my birthday bash one week before the first lockdown...

Click image for larger version  Name:	6E15EE28-9FFD-4FB9-BAFD-094DCF052A2C.png Views:	0 Size:	960.1 KB ID:	2516349

sorry it’s blurred
                Last edited by Nicos; 26-01-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon, not good about another lockdown Nicos I can't see ours lifting for some time yet.

I've one only been as far as the gate for milk and the GH for lettuce, been mostly in the kitchen, made 14 sourdough oatcakes, scones and just put my sourdough load to do its final proof before it goes in the oven.

take care.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    For you gf....This was my birthday bash one week before the first lockdown...

Click image for larger version Name:	6E15EE28-9FFD-4FB9-BAFD-094DCF052A2C.png Views:	0 Size:	960.1 KB ID:	2516349

sorry it’s blurred
                    Drool! Drool! My birthday last year was just inside lockdown and it will soon come round again.😥

Comment

• Good excuse for a double splash out celebration then when you can!!!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 26-01-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Prevening All It's persisting it down here now after a mostly bright day. Work done and equipment covered because I'm back to the office tomorrow for the rest of this week and then I have a week on leave. I'm looking forward to catching up with staff mask to mask Glad you all seem ok. See you bright and early tomorrow
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Rary's bag of smiles is open wide so help yourselves. With any luck, he'll be here in person soon to top it up.

Sounds like a horrendous time, Janie. But Nicos is right, FC has shown her colours and some good has come out of it. Very sad it had to be this way, though. So unnecessary and hurtful at a time of hurting anyway.

Car scrapped. Mr Snoop doing OK... Just.

As for the lockdown, we're going back to virtual house arrest. Not official yet but we've been asked not to go out unless absolutely essential. Everyone across Spain was confined to their municipality in the first lockdown, not easy when you live in a small place and can't get online grocery deliveries. Hope we get a chance to get some shopping done in a nearby small town rather than our village and to pick up my new toy: Amazon have been in touch and my Kenwood attachment is at long last on its way.

Catch you all tomorrow. Take care, stay safe.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            JanieB, sorry you had such an upsetting day, but at least its over now.

Our lockdown had just been extended to March 5th.
                            We are only allowed travel 5 km from home and then only if necessary.
                            Police are out daily stopping cars and fining people found to be breaking these laws.

Managed to get some chillis sown this afternoon.

Like everyone else, eating out would be wonderful, its like a distant memory now.

Have a good evening all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Just been up to let Hibou out and put more wood on the fire. Feels cold out there!

So, I've just popped the kettle on for Flo so she can start the day off with a nice hot cuppa in bed.
                              Hope I've not put too much milk in?

Domestics for me today, I suddenly seem to have a mountain of washing to get through

Enjoy your day peeps...keep up with the mischief
                              Last edited by Nicos; 27-01-2021, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All and thank you Nicos, just right Warmer here and dry for the moment. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X