Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gritter lorry has just been down our close, must be some weather on the way.

Comment

• The snow has melted. I can just see the remnants of a snowman in the distance. So far a very good morning.

Comment

• And so begins another cold dreary week...

The weekend was somewhat of a flop gardening wise. It snowed here on Saturday and Sunday was family day. Fingers crossed for next weekend.

I did manage to sort out my seed potatoes, so all was not lost. i ended up giving a huge chunk away as i just had far too many
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Not growing tatties this year, first time in a long time no egg boxes full of chitting spuds every where.

Comment

• ^Me neither, Burnie. I love home-grown potatoes, but I can use the ground more usefully for other crops.

Comment

• Afternoon
              Cold damp dog walk today as met a fellow walker we sometimes bump into, do you remember catweazel chatted for ages and now I'm cold. Breakfast became a brunch instead.
              Sun seems to be making an attempt to appear. Can only hope
              Northern England.

Comment

• I only buy 12 Charlotte potatoes and grow them 3 to a box not picked any up yet so I'll check if the corn merchant has them next time I go shopping.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The days seem so cold and dark. I can’t remember them feeling like this before for so long. The mornings seem to be a bit lighter every day but the evenings stay the same. Roll on spring.

Sorry, I’m feeling sorry for myself. I’ve heard the plans for my exes funeral. It’s no longer any of my business but I’m horrified by his widows plans. I’m wallowing, in self isolation and trying to be a comfort to my children who don’t seem to realise that I’m as devastated as they are.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• I must go get some seed potatoes soon. We are eating last years crop and it is still amazing. Usually a local garden centre has a potato tasting weekend. I have no doubt it is cancelled this year.
                    Today started so well.......and has gone downhill so rapidly. Two seperate carelink calls re one of the in-laws. Hopefully I'll get it sorted tomorrow and get some appropriate help. I daren't even attack the wine bottle in case I have to jump in the car again at short notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      I only buy 12 Charlotte potatoes and grow them 3 to a box not picked any up yet so I'll check if the corn merchant has them next time I go shopping.
                      Me too ... if I can be arsed to go and buy them
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

• Good Morning All A bit warmer and raining. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• i bought mine online at some point last year but forgot all about them until the suddenly plopped on the doorstep one morning last week.

I'm going to stick a couple in a couple of large black dustbins this year, fingers crossed for a semi-decent harvest. It would be nice for once!

January seems to be a pretty rubbish month so far - Wet, Windy, Dark, Cold and lots of people not faring too well. Hopefully everything will turn around soon and we can pull through these dark times together. We have a great community here with lots of caring individuals.
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
                            Hopefully everything will turn around soon and we can pull through these dark times together. We have a great community here with lots of caring individuals.
                            I second that thought. And with that send a big cyberhug to JanieB. Hope you're doing OK.

Very cold here today. Mr Snoop has been putting off taking the dogs out, but they're clamouring to go. Very hard frost. Must be cold for their pads but they don't seem to care. They're still enjoying eating the remaining snow. Don't think it'll be long for this world, though, as we're forecast 12 ÂșC today and even if the temperatures don't get that high they're saying drizzle for the next few days.

So, busy, busy again today. But today is definitely the last day. Then I'll have no excuse but to do some tidying up. Mr Snoop will dread it if I I do that, as I'll just nag him till he does some too...

Right, on with the show. Have a good one, everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Morning all.

On the subject of seed potatoes, I am going to give it a miss this year. Last year I bought Charlotte seed potatoes and they were rubbish. I also planted some Elfe spuds that had sprouted from my potatoes at home and they were great. I know its frowned upon, but hey ho!
                              I was at plot yesterday and harvested carrots,parsnips and cabbage.

TTFN

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.

That's it really. Weather's grey but the days are lengthening. Hope nobody gets flooded this week.

Take care all.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X