Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had the news that my middle Golden Girl has been offered a place on the Paramedic Science Course at Lincoln. Only 30places for the whole country!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon
      Remember me
      Been hibernating , dog walking and the like.
      Weather was quite nice yesterday so got out in the frozen garden in a brief spell of sun, some cutting back and slight tidy where I could, greenhouse sorted a bit.
      My old tomato seeds i've had in the propagator are germinating. Yey.
      I'm ready for spring and keen to get going again.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Welcome back Cg, course we remember you

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
          Afternoon
          Remember me
          Been hibernating , dog walking and the like.
          Weather was quite nice yesterday so got out in the frozen garden in a brief spell of sun, some cutting back and slight tidy where I could, greenhouse sorted a bit.
          My old tomato seeds i've had in the propagator are germinating. Yey.
          I'm ready for spring and keen to get going again.
          Welcome home CG. glad to see you've not lost the bug
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

• OH has bravely started to insulate the van. It's flippin cold out there and drizzly.....I keep nipping out with hot drinks .
            I've got more sense and am preparing food
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Congratulations to that Golden Girl, FF. Brilliant news. You must be very proud. I would be.

And welcome back, CG. Happy growing this year.

Comment

• Thanks Snoop, we are. She took an apprenticeship rather than go to University and is a qualified Dental Nurse, but she wants to give herself further challenge in a profession that will serve the people. Wish I could see her to give her a hug.

Comment

• Well done to your Golden Girl Flo...you must be so proud.

It's been a sunny day here.
                  Got my two propogators on the go and sowed a few dozen Sweet Peas.
                  Feels good to get something planted.

Nicos, It will be worth it when all the work is done. Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening.
                    Our snows on the way out as well Flo it's left some flooded roads though. Congrats to your GG you must be so proud, pity about not been able to give her that well deserved hug.
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 16-01-2021, 08:09 PM.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Fantastic news Flo re your GG..you must be sooo proud!...that's quite an achievement!

Cg...wow! Lovely to see you again. Hope you've been OK?...it's such a concern when peeps go quiet with this virus around.
                      Glad to hear you've still got the growing bug!
                      I keep looking at my tomato and chilli seeds....I've just got nowhere to bring them on once germinated

The weather is better than yesterday...just plain dull, so I'll be out helping with the insulating later on.
                      I did manage to make a start on clearing a small border and was thrilled to see some daffs about 2" high which is brill seeing its a N facing border.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday...Dont get up to too much mischief!!!!!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Pan's on. Snow 's gone and Sun's out. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Good Morning All Pan's on. Snow 's gone and Sun's out. Have a lovely Sunday
                          Morning you're right Flo it does look like being the best day of the week
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• The snow is slowly disappearing, it's still a bit lethal underfoot here and there and very muddy but the sun is shining.

Comment

• Yesterday was very springlike, I had the back door open for about 3 hours. The dogs loved it. I’ve got my box of seeds in front of me on the coffee table, time to see what I can sow now. I’ve decided to use one of my spare bedrooms to start them off. It’s not yet been decorated and is uncarpeted so ideal. I have growlamps. People passing by may think I’m growing something I shouldn’t.

Welcome back CG, well done GG.

It should have been my 55th wedding anniversary today (emerald). Even though we were divorced it is still an anniversary. I’ve unexpectedly been put on the funeral attendee list. Not sure whether to go or not.
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Cg...wow! Lovely to see you again. Hope you've been OK?...it's such a concern when peeps go quiet with this virus around.
                                I know. I've got used to Rary dropping in and out but I still worry about Mr Bones. We haven't seen him for a while now.

Anyway, morning all.

So much for thinking the snow would disappear yesterday. Still great piles of it left all over the place, even in areas exposed to the sun. Another cold day ahead, so I won't get my hopes up for a snow-free tomorrow.

Got a very busy day ahead so better get cracking. Have a good one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X