It's clear and cold but its dry.
    Have a good day all,.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, firstly best wishes to MR and hope you are ok lottie, save some care and attention for yourself too.
      Foggy here today, a little bit warmer, no idea what we might do, I notice a couple of my Pot Leek seeds have germinated, not sure if they will come to much, I might have to have something in reserve in case.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
        bright and sunny here....quite envious of your snow peeps!

Yesterday was an amazing day out. Saw the sea, and watched the seagulls struggling against the wind poor things!
        ​​​​​​​
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Just back from a walk along the roads, it was cold but refreshing and not too much traffic.

Take care of yourself Lottie, that's very important, and best wishes to MR.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Not too bad here today. just trying to gear myself up for a busy weekend in the garden (or garage if its too wet!)

Sorry to hear that Lottie, that's what i like about this little community and the main reason i started posting. Everyone cares and is very friendly.

Happy Friday everyone!
            Last edited by Peteyd; 15-01-2021, 12:12 PM.
            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Nightmare weather here today. 4 inches of snow yesterday and then it froze and we also got thick freezing fog. I had to go out to take my husband for his first vaccine. It took me half an hour to convince the car to get itself to a reasonable road, a few hundred yards.......with a husband whinging he was going to be late. Of course he wasn't, we just didn't call for a newspaper on the way which we would have done if things had gone smoothly. I rang the hospital where his sister is at the moment and they said they planned sending her home later today. Therefore while we were out skating around in the car I went and got milk and bread for her to come home to and took a portion of pasta bake out of the freezer to leave in her flat, also turned the central heating up for her. I'm hoping for a thaw tomorrow before I venture out again.
              The good news: She is now home and has rung me to let me know she is okay and just wants a good nights sleep in her own bed, and maybe due to my husband's persuasiveness and (well hidden) charm I got the vaccine too (as a carer for him and his siblings) as a good few people hadn't turned up due to the weather. Mind you a lot of very elderly had braved the elements.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 15-01-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

For a change it wasn’t Hibou waking us up but hail stones bouncing off the window
                Its turned to rain now....

Not sure what I’ll be doing today but I’ve got a massive list staring at me every time I try to ignore it!

First things first though...a brew! Anyone care to join me?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

The vaccine is the least you deserve for all your efforts, GF. Congrats on getting it.

Bright but chilly today. Our dogs love eating snow. Still plenty for them to go at but guessing by the end of the day it should be pretty well cleared.

Busy as per. Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Morning all

Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. I had a nose bleed and he picked that moment to get wind in his tail, frolicking around in the snow dragging me behind him. With the amount of blood spraying from my nose anyone spotting the area will think a dog has attacked someone or something.

Set my propagator up yesterday and found a couple of small pots lying around,(need to get to allotment to gather some more pots) so I think I will sow my Jalapeno's and Trinidad Perfume chillies this morning.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All Thawing fast here but it's still very cold. Cookfest today so better get on. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• The sun has made a very welcome appearance here. Much as I love looking at the white stuff I don't enjoy going out in it. I just hope we get a quick thaw. I must go check on the elderly relative who came home from hospital but it can wait until it warms up a bit. I know she has plenty food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          Morning all

Just got back from taking the dog for a walk. I had a nose bleed and he picked that moment to get wind in his tail, frolicking around in the snow dragging me behind him. With the amount of blood spraying from my nose anyone spotting the area will think a dog has attacked someone or something...:
                          Systems noramal in the snadger houshold
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

• Good morning all (just)
                            Late start in our house this morning.
                            Snap Snadge, setting up my two ptopagstors at the moment.
                            I need to get some heat into my soil before sowing any seeds.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. The drizzle has finally stopped to leave an almost cloudless sky. Perfect for a walk. See you all later
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, been up for ages....................honest.....................dull and sort of meh sort of weather, but sure we will find plenty to keep our selves amused, they keep forecasting snow, but still not seen any here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X