X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like snoop has got our sunshine today!...no need to thank me - you’re welcome!
    We seem to have dry and blustery at the moment,
    MH - You’re going to thoroughly enjoy the GC . Is it worth phoning and asking when their quietest time is? ( Importantly....Remember to treat yourself to a few ‘extras’ )

The wooden cladding is going up in the camper today and tomorrow. I hope the main part is done by end of play tomorrow so I can take final measurements for the bed slats etc and get them ordered.Exciting!!!

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning Snoop and all.

Wet and very windy here, so I'll have a smile if I may, Snoop to cheer me on. I shall have to brave the GC soon, to buy some seed compost. I'm itching to start sowing, but nothing to sow seeds into. I've not been into a store for over a year so It's going to be strange...

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Bright, bright sunshine out there. Solar batteries lapping up the power after the last few grey days. Very hard frost overnight. Looks lovely out there with the sun glistening on the frost crystals. Like Christmas lights.

Couldn't get back to sleep after waking up in the night, so got up and sorted out my seeds. Turfed out some ancient ones and discovered others lost at the bottom of the box. Even PSB... No going back to sleep after that excitement!

Anyway, got a million things to do today so better get some of them out the way.

I think the wriggling bag of smiles might not just have been giggling. There look to be a lot more of them this morning than yesterday. Looks like we could have a never-ending supply! So grab as many as you want and have a great day.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Hello All,

Early start this morning, it was nice to have the roads to myself for a change!

Rain stopped play last night with the hedge clippings so i'll be back out at it tonight.

Its surprising some people can be so care-free around chainsaws. I guess its a personal choice depending on their individual risk perception.

Have a good day all!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Hi Snadge!
    I was wondering how you are getting on with the diet..how are you getting on with it?...you sound impressed.
    What does it entail apart from only eating once a day?

I dropped out of my dieting a few weeks ago but intend to kick start my Fast 800 next Monday with a short break for Easter.

Any tips gratefully received!
    I’ve successfully managed daily 15 hrs fasting but not 24 hrs

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all.

A lot brighter and a tad warmer here today.
    Just came back from an hour long walk with the dog and it was quite pleasant.
    Looking forward to my ribeye steak and salad later after my 24 hour fast. Chuffed to bits with my OMAD diet and it could become a diet for life.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,sunny here and a bit warmer,no news,how lovely to engage with the new babies ladies,not heard from Rary in a long while,good luck to those with things growing,change of clocks will make make all the difference,have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Snoop...I just borrowed the Tardis which seems to have been left in the Gardeners Rest and nipped back to collect a whole pile more of Rary’s smiles for you. They should be on your doorstep by now...I set it to auto pilot... :
    Brilliant, Nicos. Just arrived. I've bobbed them in with the others, they can keep each other company. I have to say, the bag is looking a bit wriggly. Maybe they've got a fit of the giggles!

We have a newish chainsaw. Bought a while back but as good as new, as I think it's only been started once. Mr Snoop hates it.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    MH...that’s a good link!
    “ Encouraged to do a course” ...not compulsory ... bonkers isn’t it?

My OH watched about 10 safety videos on YouTube before he even tried to start his chainsaw. We bought his first one in the uk. And the guys at the farmers market selling it to him insisted he should buy all the safety gear. Cost a fortune, but having seen so many dreadful photos of chainsaw injuries we were happy to pay out.
    They ran through everything with him before he even left the shop....I think they were legally obliged to?

There is so little health and safety here - probably because it’s not a litigious led society. ‘Accidents happen’ is a common phrase over here.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Snoop...I just borrowed the Tardis which seems to have been left in the Gardeners Rest and nipped back to collect a whole pile more of Rary’s smiles for you. They should be on your doorstep by now...I set it to auto pilot... :

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    ....I did a head count of OH yesterday..one head, two arms and hands....two legs and feet....Have to say, he does wear all the gear - so much so the locals laugh at him .. who cares eh?

so...first things first...time for a brew!
    If ever your OH feels the locals are impugning his machismo, show him this -

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...20leg%20injury.

And tell him it's so much nicer to dance with a partner who has both legs and all his fingers.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all. Dull start to the day,
    off out for a walk as rain is on the way.
    Have a good day all.
    Thanks for the smiles Snoop,

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning, all.

Cold and mostly grey out, but patches of blue just beginning to develop. Another indoor day on the cards, but really want to make some time for weeding. Yesterday's rain and the bright weather forecast for the next few days provide ideal conditions for weed seeds...

Right, better get on with the show. Getting towards the bottom of the bag of Rary's smiles. Will just have to top them up myself. Meanwhile, help yourself to one of the originals.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning we have sunshine will be going for a stroll in between bread baking you have to make the most of the good weather.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    bright and frosty here today too...looks lovely out there but I think I’ll be staying indoors a while until it warms up.
    Got loads of hazel brash to chop up and hopefully bundle up for starter wood. Needs clearing before the lawn can be mown ....

I did a head count of OH yesterday..one head, two arms and hands....two legs and feet....Have to say, he does wear all the gear - so much so the locals laugh at him .. who cares eh?

so...first things first...time for a brew!
    Last edited by Nicos; 09-03-2021, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X