Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set of galoshes, though most of the word had got lost in among the chocolates.

"Polish", said the Snow Queen. "That's what she wants. Polish. And a very wise choice if I may say so."

The genies were happy to go along with this suggestion. The only problem, as far as they could see, was what kind of polish? Floor, furniture, nail...

Comment

• or was it Polish food, ya know Sauerkraut and Gherkins, I 'm sure someone made some and put them behind...................
      Last edited by burnie; 29-12-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• the bar back at the Gardeners' Rest last year so they could mature and be extra pickley for this year.

That made more sense than any of the other options.

They looked at Lumpy and she was indeed giving a sign, waving her trunk about and flapping her ears...

Comment

• ...unfortunately she was actually about to do an almighty sneeze as one of the Brazil nuts had got stuck up her nose......aaaa...aaaa...aahhhhhh......
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• choo...

The genies were now very confused. Did she want a curly wurly?

"That's better", said Lumpy. "Now then, genies, let's get down to business. How many wishes have we got?"

Comment

• "Three...that's the traditional number , but you best get a move on as it's New Years Eve and tomorrow millions upon millions of people will be making New Years resolutions and we'll be exceptionally busy trying to grant them success....and we've been ever so busy helping Santa and the Elves help children's wishes come true..."

Wow! THREE!

Lumpy's eyes began to sparkle and her ears a-quivered ( a sign of a particularly thrilled heffalump)....

Comment

• "Could they be really big wishes, say...?", Lumpy began.

"No, no examples of wishes. A wish is a wish. Once you've said it, that's it. You don't get trial runs", said one of the genies.

"And if you want to talk to your friends about what you'd like, you'd better whisper so we can't hear you", said another.

"Yes, and normally we wouldn't tell you that - you'd be surprised at how many people waste all their wishes, humming and hahhing over do they want this, do that want that - but we've never granted wishes to an elephant before, or to two halves of a four-legged creature for that matter", said a third, eyeing up Rary and Snadger, unsure as to whether they were some unknown mythical being and deserving of more respect than their dishevelled appearance suggested.

"So be grateful for the advice and think carefully", said a fourth, sternly.

Comment

• Elder elephant who was very aware that Lumpy had a huge, piggin huge rocket she could let loose at midnight.
                  she was in a quantity. Should she let it off to celebrate or not bother because this year has been a complete pain in the.....
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• "I want to know if I should let off my huge, piggin huge rocket", Lumpy exclaimed.

"Yes", replied the genies in unison. "But nowhere near any animals or us. And that's one wish gone."

Comment

• https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/salut/t9307.gif

went Lumpy.....standing well back from everyone.....
                      Last edited by Nicos; 01-01-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Everyone hoorayed and clapped, though Lumpy, privately, thought the rocket had proved to be quite a bit smaller than she had expected. Never mind, there'd be drinks and more of Nicos's nibbles.

"I want a glass of champagne", she cried. Swiftly followed by "Ooops."

"That's two wishes", said the genies, as they whooshed a glass of champagne out of thin air into her trunk.

Comment

• Everyone had suddenly become quiet.....there was a strange rumbling going on in the distance, and it had begun to snow!
                          Not just any snow, but Gardeners Rest snizzle.....

Comment

• "It's snizzling", cried Hector as he bounded back onto the scene, assorted Grapes sitting on his arms to save themselves the walk back from wherever it was they had been. "Oh, I love snow. I do wish it would snow properly."

"Oh no you don't", cried Lumpy as she heard a sudden intake of breath by all the genies. "They're my wishes, not his."

The genies looked crestfallen, caught out at trying not to give away proper wishes. Lumpy smirked. One more still to go, then.

"Hello there, elephant. Are you stuck?" asked Hector. And he bent down so the Grapes could slide off his arms and he could offer a hand to Lumpy. Burnie came up with a glass of something strong for her in case she was cold. Nicos offered nibbles and assorted other drinks all round to the returning Grapes. Janie went rummaging to see if she could find a bottle of champagne that had survived all this while. Snoop just felt rather overwhelmed by it all, especially the snizzle, and thought a bit of eyelid inspection might be called for. After all, it looked like Rary had had the same idea. Snadger went off to find the pies he'd put down somewhere, as Nicos seemed to have plenty of drinks but the nibbles were fast running out thanks to Hector's insatiable appetite.

Meanwhile, the rumbling got louder and louder and louder.

Comment

• ...It was no real rumbling, but Hector’s stomach !

...so happy to have finally plenished his hunger Hector asked Lumpy if she could ask if we could ask for us all to return to the GR....hot fires ablazing...beers on tap, meat pies and unlimited nibbles ...champers.... and all the Grapes who hadn’t managed to follow!
                              ” we only have 4 days till the 12th night” said Hector....let’s spend it together....maybe the genies could come with us? They look like the would enjoy one of our gatherings!”

The genies looked soooo happy at finally finding new friends who wanted to share with them instead of the usual ‘taking’.....

Oh boy said Hector as he lifted his......
                              Last edited by Nicos; 02-01-2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• eyes to see an illuminated pub with a sign outside saying that Rary was getting a round in and Nicos was doing the singing in her finest Madame Edith from "allo allo" style, all we need now is................

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X