X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    A beautiful clear sunny morni g here.
    It's just 5 degs with a biting wind.
    We are going to the park first and then for a drive around the coast.
    There is only so much time you can be confined indoors before it wears thin.
    Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just been to pull some carrots and parsnips it's bitter out there, the hills have a dusting of snow!!

Comment

• Afternoon, Weather was correct we"™ve got our sunshine I"™ve raked a few leaves and picked lettuce and carrots from the GH but that"™s it for gardening.

Burnie please keep that snow to yourself some things aren"™t for sharing
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Afternoon, Weather was correct we"™ve got our sunshine I"™ve raked a few leaves and picked lettuce and carrots from the GH but that"™s it for gardening.

Burnie please keep that snow to yourself some things aren"™t for sharing
          It's around 1000 feet above sea level, but the wind is coming straight off it, so it's bitter down here.

Comment

• Evening All Been a cold one today and very busy but I'm safe at home and warm. Enjoy the rest of your day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Freezing today and down to 0.05 degrees this evening!

Best day appears to be Saturday so planning a fishing trip that day.

TTFN
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• It did feel very cold earlier when I ventured out so seeing that the forecast on my phone said 2°C now feeling like -1°C I've just had a quick peep outside. The car has a thin coating of frost, thick enough to write my name in! Yes! I did do it. Happy to say it is warm and cosy indoors. I remember as a child (and several occasions since) waking up to the interior of my bedroom window frozen. I still wonder if that is a healthier environment for young people even though the cold linoleum wasn't conducive to encouraging me to get out of bed.

Comment

• Evening everyone.
                  Been having connection problems all day with my internet so several things still not done.

GF, I remember jack frost on the insides of the windowpanes too. Used to get undressed at night under the bedclothes to avoid the chilly air on bare skin

Snadge, I went to check my bees today, they are by a fishing lake and there were 2 hardy souls with their rods out. Mind you, they were inside their cars as they can park against the lake. The only time I've never seen fishermen there was for the first few weeks of the first lockdown, when the farmer locked the gates to stop them coming, 'cos it's not just locals that fish here apparently.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Ah...frozen windows! I remember the pretty frost patterns well.
                    my grandpa used to heat a penny and press it on the frost to create a spy hole!- all very exciting way back then
                    I used to get dressed in bed rather than undressed

My granny used to keep her false teeth in a glass of water next to her bed and sometimes in the morning had to chip the ice off them!
                    Central heating has taken away a lot of experiences hasn"™t it?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      It was a beautiful day here and so many out walking, making the most of it.
                      Yes, I remember Jack frost on the windows.
                      I also used to get dressed under the bed clothes.
                      The climate has changed, I remember clothes been frozen stuff on the line if they were left out overnight.
                      Have a good evening all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Frozen washing!... gosh yes, I remember when I was a student one of the girls I shared a house with said the dirty tea towels should be hung on the line when there was a frost to kill off the bacteria!

yeh...I suppose that would work for a few minutes...but ewwwwww eh?

remember the full fat cream on the top of glass milk bottles on the doorstep? It used to expand when frozen, lifting the foil cap. Sometimes you could see a hole in the cap where blue tits (????) had pecked through to get at the cream
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening have been rather busy again, digging up an area where I had a fish pond, lots of stone to be moved, had to take my granddaughter to her work, so after dropping her off I went for some seaweed, collected 8 bag of it, then back to digging out the stone work some of it was rather heavy and I think I have given my self a hernia, thank goodness tomorrow is Saturday I can have a rest
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening, flippin' built in ovens blown up, fan still works so does the light, but no heat, online shopping for a new one, just what we needed before Christmas, but we don't want cold turkey, literally or metaphorically. Night all

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday - for some! Heavy sky and cold. Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, cold but not frosty here.
                                It should have been my hair cut day instead it looks like MrPots will be getting the scissors out again.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                remember the full fat cream on the top of glass milk bottles on the doorstep? It used to expand when frozen, lifting the foil cap. Sometimes you could see a hole in the cap where blue tits (????) had pecked through to get at the cream
                                This used to happen to our milk so we now have a lidded box built into the gates to stop them pecking at the lids. Think there's only 3 of us on our road who still have a milk man most use either the farm or supermarket.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X