Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, thoughts with you today Nicos, tough times indeed.
    We are due delivery of items for seasonal presents for the family, online shopping proving a whole lot easier than fighting with crowds, now whether we will be able to deliver them is another question all together.
    Take care all.

Comment

• Bernie I keep buying Christmas presents whenever I see something suitable. "Seasonal presents"!!!!!!! Is this the latest politically correct jargon in this mad world?????? . I just hope that a few elderly relatives can come for Christmas dinner and enjoy themselves and go home satiated (both with food and drink) and that I dare have them here. One, I hate to say, may be in doubt already as she is not behaving now and I wouldn't risk everyone else just because she is being selfish if things were bad. This Christmas, I hate to say, is going to be so divisive.

Comment

• Thinking of you and your family today Nicos.

Comment

• Good evening all.
          The weather really behaved itself today
          Spent the afternoon in the garden.
          Cut down my dahlias which grow in the centre of the garden in a Roman circle.
          Planted out 36 pots of daffodils in between the tubers.
          I have been growing these in pots, (three to a pot) since September and waiting to plant them out.
          I feel well pleased to have got these in the ground before the rain comes tonight.
          Hope you all had a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark but dry. Hi ho for the last time this week, then WFH. Hugs Nicos. Have a good day All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all n'all

thanks Flo x

Not sure what today will bring - probably lots more phone calls but I do need to motivate myself in the next couple of days to steam clean the sofas.
              I washed the huge cushion covers but it's the turn of the sides, back and bits which can't be removed.
              With all the Covid concerns I decided to buy a really good quality one which was originally for the sofas but then realised I could get loads of use of it in the gites!
              Looking forward to playing with it...who doesn't enjoy a new toy eh???

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                Bernie I keep buying Christmas presents whenever I see something suitable. "Seasonal presents"!!!!!!! Is this the latest politically correct jargon in this mad world?????? . I just hope that a few elderly relatives can come for Christmas dinner and enjoy themselves and go home satiated (both with food and drink) and that I dare have them here. One, I hate to say, may be in doubt already as she is not behaving now and I wouldn't risk everyone else just because she is being selfish if things were bad. This Christmas, I hate to say, is going to be so divisive.
                Lol, I just don't mention the Word until we hit December, quite common sort of joke on many forums, CHRISTMAS is something our family love to celebrate, though none of us are church goers. Just hope it is safe for us to share it with those close to us, not looking good as the virus numbers seem to be rising round here, we didn't know of anyone in the first lock down, now we are hearing of a lot locally.

Comment

• Morning all.

Really heavy frost today. And due to get colder. Very bright and blue at the moment. Birds flitting about everywhere. Thrush in the olive tree outside my window. Better pick some for us or he (or she) will have the lot. Very nice robin prancing around too. Hope he keeps out the way of the cats.

Have tidied half my desk this morning. Makes the whole room look bigger! Only trouble is, I piled even more stuff up on the other half. Tomorrow's job.

Busy, busy again. Maybe I should stop saying that. It's starting to get boring.

Have a good day everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Morning a bit windy today but no rain till this afternoon so I'll be in the garden in between bread baking.
                    enjoy your day.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sorry for my ignorance. The elderly relatives (and their friends) love nothing more than meeting up for a big meal and a few glasses of wine. Normally I would provide this several times a year (with a few moans on occasion I'm ashamed to say) including birthdays etc. This year some of them are really struggling. They all live alone and are lonely but are also at high risk. Virus numbers are rising here too and I cannot believe it will be safe (or even allowed) for them ALL to meet before next year.

Comment

• Good morning. Dull, grey and breezy but the rain has just stopped.
                        No plans for the day so its make it up as you go along.
                        Cant really plan for the type of Christmas we will have this year,
                        It's usually a case of all the family coming to mine but we must wait and see.
                        Hope all have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• GF, they need to all move in together and form a bubble or whatever it's called. It could probably be done if they get on, had tests and there was a big enough home to accommodate them. A cleaning person so the person whose home it is doesn't get upset. At least till a vaccine becomes available for them. I guess nobody would want to do it or enjoy it, perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            GF, they need to all move in together and form a bubble or whatever it's called. It could probably be done if they get on, had tests and there was a big enough home to accommodate them. A cleaning person so the person whose home it is doesn't get upset. At least till a vaccine becomes available for them. I guess nobody would want to do it or enjoy it, perhaps.
                            Unfortunately this wouldn't work. Two of them (brother and sister in their 80's) used to live together about 25 years ago. They are all too set in their ways with very different personalities and attitudes to life. I did suggest this months ago to no avail.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,thinking of you Nicos,i have a shoulder if you need,GF,you sound a good kind soul,you have to laugh or cry,i have just put the last lot of cakes in the oven,now for the GOOD news,the friday view has gone,but yesterday had another at 2pm,by late afternoon we had a deal,yes it is now sold,to a building company,and now awaiting news to hear if we have succsefully GAZUMPED our original place,everything is crossed,as the seller was wanting to much,but we will agree on what was last agreed,if so no chains either end,as for that @@@@ fairy,please do not blame me,,yesterday was a day from hell,phone calls ext,was on for nearly an hour with the assesment of care needs,as to what i have to pay or not,but have had to accept that from today it starts,and will adjust when we have been vetted,i was almost at breaking point just before the call, am being good with the emotions of it all,i still live in calm hope,enjoy you afternoon all
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Wowee, LD. If you don't get the place you saw, you're in a good position for the next one. Fingers crossed for you, though I wouldn't like to be the people you're potentially gazumping. Either way, it looks like things are at last moving your way.

I guessed things wouldn't really be that simple, GF, and that you would have thought of this already. Still a shame, though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X