Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 times trying to post the above as I kep getting an error message something about security of a voucher
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I no longer make Christmas cake for the family. I don"™t understand how we managed to eat any of it in the past after dinner including Xmas pud. I do, however, make one for a friend as a bit of a joke. I ran out of mixed spice a couple of years ago and nipped out to buy some from a local corner shop run by an Asian family. Earlier on this year I had occasion to read the label on the packet. It never occurred to me that mixed spice would be anything but a mixture of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. I was horrified to find the ingredients in this are similar to those in curry powder. He has never, ever said a word.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon it"™s mostly rained here all day so not much achieved outside just collecting leaves and veg for dinner. I did enjoy the 22c temp in my GH though.

Originally posted by rary View Post
        3 times trying to post the above as I kep getting an error message something about security of a voucher
        Ive not had that one Rary mines usually Error 504 gateway time out.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mine is usually error 504 gateway time out too. Janie I am still grinning about the mixed spice but I have honestly no idea what is in it normally. I am not a fan of any recipe with " mixed spice" in it but maybe the "curry spice" in a very small amount works.

Comment

• The oddest place I saw a piece of fruit cake was when I ordered a full Scottish breakfast and there in the middle of the baked beans was a slice of cake(it's called clootie dumpling, so I had it for afters and very nice it was too).

Comment

• Good evening all.
              We have been without electricity all day.
              Ongoing replacement works so no power from 9 until 5.
              As it was cold, wet and miserable we decided to go shopping.
              Lots of bits now purchased for Christmas so at least the day wasnt a complete waste.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Decidedly chilly, but dry for now. Hi Ho, have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Morning, FF. Morning anyone else who sneaks in ahead of me while I'm typing. And morning all to everyone.

Hope MR had a nice day and enjoyed his cake, LD. Fingers crossed on the viewing.

Brightish to start but starting to cloud over. Have just checked the weather. Deep chill a-cumming. Possibly even snow on Sunday! Anyway, I was hoping for a hard winter, as I spotted an Asian hornet on our fig tree and don't fancy a nest anywhere nearby. So bring on the cold, I say. Had a firewood delivery on Friday and the range is being moved back into the house with a friend's help on Wednesday. So we'll be ready for it. Mind you, the birds won't be. It's been so warm, they're behaving like it's spring.

Not much other news. It's Monday, so more of the same weekday nonsense known as work.

Have a good day everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Morning everybody.

belated birthday wishes to Mr LD.

Looks damp outside and breezy. There's still a few leaves on the silver birch across the way, but other than that only the oaks are still fully clothed, though the wild damsons still have (rather shrivelled) fruit on right at the top and I can see a blackbird pecking at one.

Enjoy the day whatever it brings.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning everybody. Grey skies here and quite windy. It is not actually raining at the moment though. Just writing out a shopping list.

Comment

• Morning, windy but dry here

Mothhawk our Silver birch is bare of leaves think the last ones blew of over the weekend, it really makes the 'witches broom' stand out much more than it did during summer. I still have plenty of leaves to rake up though.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n"™alln"™all

Still plenty of raking to be done here too Bren. At least the rain has stopped!
                          Anyone fancy a cuppa?...kettle"™s on...
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
                            Dull and grey but no breeze.
                            Raking leaves for me as well.
                            Rain on the way so domestics are on the cards.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hahahahaha...one of the showers is leaking through the ceiling
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^That was a sympathy like, Nicos, not a like like.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X