This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    We have the sun back again so it will be too hot to work in the conservatory
    A few hours in the garden instead.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, what a storm we had, woke at 5.30 it was hammering down complete with thunder and lightening, I then realised I hadn't put the bin out, so dressed......................out..................soaked....................and back in again and in bed lol.

Comment

• Good day all,so muggy still,son said we had a drop of rain early on,we were asleep hehehe,i wish we could have some storms to clear the air,last night was so oppressive,but skinny sleeping with the cold bottle did wonders,all am drinking is tap water,going to see if i can get a few winks in before the legal person arrives later on,have a good day and stay safe out the sun ext,ext ext
        Last edited by lottie dolly; 12-08-2020, 11:06 AM.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all. Good luck with legal person, LD.

Busy morning so far. Temporary roof repairs, mostly done by Mr Snoop. My job was to hold the ladder, pass up bits and pieces as required and get stung by wasps. Ow! Big storm due this afternoon - sounds like lots of you have already had yours - so thought we'd better get it done sharpish.

Time for lunch already! I can't believe it.

Comment

• Wasps?... ouch!

Have a look at this site-it's brill for showing lightning flashes and the roll of thunder...plus showing older ones so you get an idea of the route....

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en

you can zoom right in too.

We followed it yesterday to see if and when we needed to unplug the router.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon everybody,

Started early today to avoid the heat. Picked lots of plums and blackberries, which I seem to have been casually grazing on throughout the morning till now. I think I am starting to ferment...
              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
              Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• I've just cooked down almost 3kg windfall stewed apples from last night's storm . One small tree, but it's about 1/4 of its crop
                I did check on the blackberries but they are desiccated.

Too hot/humid to collect the rest of the windfalls from the other trees just now . The kitchen is deffo not the place to be at the moment!
                Last edited by Nicos; 12-08-2020, 12:22 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon warm and sunny today, just as expected, the kids are back in school now so the weather has picked just going to pressure wash a couple of gates and Snoop unlike Nicos I don't have a problem with my waistline
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Too hot to do anything so I'll come back later when it cools down.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon we’ve been sat under the gazebo but it too hot for that now so I’m back indoors for tea and scones.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• HOPE we not gona suffer a bad winter after this melt down,as for have a munch and a drink,i got some MARMITE flatbread,why they called that i do not know,they are delish,i would describe them as a crunchy biscuit with cheese sprinked on,got from asda near the rivita ext,2.5??will be getting more,yum yum come to my tum,thats me gone for now as well.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I’ve been trying to prepare and plant the new beds in my garden for several days. I couldn’t stand it out there for 5 mins. Now we have a thunderstorm. My dogs are terrified but I’ve been standing out in the rain cooling down. It’s no cooler indoors but I’m tempted to go out in the rain and finish what I started before the heat comes back again.

i love thunderstorms.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            Despite the warm day 22 degs I washed down and painted all the woodwork in the conservatory .
                            Watered everything in the greenhouse.
                            Got some laundry out and now back in and dry.
                            A busy day but glad to get so much done.

No storms here do far, just very dull and humid.

Very interesting site Nicos, not much lighteningover Irelsnd.

Have a good evening all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. much cooler today, with quite breeze blowing. I've opened all the windows to let out last night's heat. Hope the hottest days are over now.

Nicos and Snoop, I don't know how you bear such hot temps all summer where you live. Give me snow any day.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, all.

The best way to survive the heat, mothhawk, is not to go outdoors after a certain time in the morning. High of 31 ºC forecast for today, so temps are dropping, thank goodness. Even felt a bit autumnal this morning.

Oh, I should also say thanks for the biscuit book recommendation, mothhawk. Made the apricot and walnut cookies yesterday. Total winners. Next to no effort either, especially if I get Mr Snoop to crack the walnuts next time.

Good to hear you're not worried about your waistline, Rary. I lost mine some time in late June. Really must make an effort to find it again. All the cookies won't be helping!

Hope everything went OK with the legal person, LD.

I'm intrigued you switch off the router, Nicos, in the event of lightning. I used to switch the whole kit and caboodle off and even unplug it all because of the satellite dish outside. Mr Snoop seemed to think I was wasting my time as a strike that hit the dish would still come down the cable. Why do you do it, out of interest?

Birthday boy's do yesterday evening went quite well in the end. Got a walk down the valley to the neighbours in that direction this morning. It's a lovely walk that the dogs really enjoy but that we don't do much these days to stay out of the neighbours' way. But we spoke on the phone yesterday and they seem keen to see another face, even if I will be covered up with a mask.

Busyish day ahead, so better get a move on. Hope you all have lovely days.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 13-08-2020, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X