Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, all. Good news on the driving licence, Bramble. Hope you get the sunshine you want, Mr B.

Cloudy here. Warmish but due to get hotter. Wouldn't mind the clouds for a bit longer. Bet the builders would say the same. They must be getting towards the end now. I hope so. Bank manager probably hopes so too.

Busy day ahead. But next week I'll start worrying that the work will dry up. Unusually, I have no big project to get my teeth into for August. Might just get to catch up on sleep and make some effort to get some veg in the ground for winter. Not sure what at this stage, but anything is better than nothing.

Have a good day, everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
      just popping in for now...see you all later!
      Enjoy your day
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning its another sunny day here

Rary job interviews are daunting but for a youngster its the unknown that adds to the worry, he had your support and that must have meant a lot to him.

That's good news about your licence Bramble.

A bit of a look around then off to do things.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Sunny start but looking like rain now. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
            A sunny start to the day but with the forecast of a few showers.
            My daughter has a few hours off today so we may go out somewhere for a break.
            Still no sign of Lottie, just hope everything is all right with her.

Snoop, dont worry about the work, I am sure something will turn up.
            Enjoy your bit of downtime.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning late on parade again, late night last night hunting hedgehogs and bats in the dark, some of my neighbours must be getting worried lol. Supposed to be a sunny day, but all I can see is clouds, off to grab the day and get the best out of it.

Comment

• Well just been to the doctors for an injection and it was a better experience than last time. I didn't feel as crowded. Going to the allotment shortly.

Comment

• G'day folks.
                  Mrs B wanted to go to Ikea today, sooo drives right across the city, parks up and finds the queue snaking round the car park like a great big anaconda. No chance... came home again and now just about to have a chip buttie..
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good evening and thanks for the kind wishes for my grandson,
                    Another day where its been dull but dry, started off with a phone call from Amazon telling me something was ending, or something like that, didn't really listen as they were interrupting my breakfast shortly after that I got a phone call from my doctor to tell me that blood sample and xray were OK but now wants me to go for an ultrasound so I have that to look forward to, now going out to do a bit of painting so see you later
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Oh joy rary best to be sure though eh?

Bit of a strange day for me.

I had a good baking sesh...orange buns, banana and chocolate buns, rhubarb and blackcurrant bakewell tart, chocolate mousse, sausage and tomato quiche and a litre of live yogurt. I had wanted to make lemon curd , and orange and rhubarb curd too, but hopefully I can do that tomorrow.
                      I met up with a couple of friends outdoors for a glass of ...water....they were on wine ...didn't want to be drunk in charge of a bicycle...just as well cos I Got a puncture
                      Those friends saw the comet the night before last!...not fair eh????
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, I love reading your posts.
                        You seem to live such an adventurous lifestyle.
                        Goodnight all,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Housework day for me today. Just as well it's supposed to be a rainy day though no sign of a downpour yet.

Have a good day.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning Mothhawk and All

Sunshine and showers forecast for today, not raining at the mo but looks like it has been. 16 degrees already too (thinks blight and slugs ).
                            Got a loaf on the go and probably make crackers too while the ovens on.
                            I found an old iron nail yesterday embedded in the footpath. It's 4.5 inches long, hand made with a square shank and has (what I now know) a rose head. Scanning the internet suggests it could date from around 1800 but I'll see if I can find out more.

Enjoy your day
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Slowish start to the day by recent standards. No urgent deadlines for work and no builders. Mind you, dogs got worked up over a plane flying overhead. We haven't heard them for so long they seem quite the novelty. It was lovely and quiet without them. No engines rumbling overhead and no dogs barking down below.

Good news on tests so far, Rary. Hope the ultrasound comes back nice and quiet.

Bit of work I could get out the way to get a head start on next week, but am looking forward to a bit of a cooking day today.

Mr Bones, I've got crackers on the list for tomorrow's baking. Never made them before. Any special tips? I'm making spaghetti tomorrow (attachment to food mixer - not a hand-cranked machine) so was thinking of running the cracker dough through the pasta roller to save time and effort and to produce a more even result. What do you reckon?

Will definitely be having an afternoon nap. Only 9 am here and I'm already looking forward to it.

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone.

Comment

• Only real tip for crackers Snoop is sprinkle flaked sea salt on after you've rolled them out and gently roll it into the surface. Enjoy
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X