X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good rary, well done!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Should have said the patio is looking good!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
        Looking good rary, well done!!
        I was quite happy with the first post Jay
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            Evening, talking about it being nippy Jay the met office give our overnight low of 8c so I’ll be closing my GH door tonight. Like you say we expect nicer weather in July.
            Morning All
            Yep 8 degrees here this morning... I agree with you Bren, it's supposed to be warmer than this in July.. At least it's sunny.
            Could do with a bit of warmer weather to enjoy your patio Rary . Re the boys and fishing hooks, I used to crimp the barbs with a pair of pliers. A few fish were lost before landing but they unhooked easier and it made a big difference in the event of an accident. I think now you can buy barbless hooks.

Enjoy your day
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Sympathetic ouch from me.

Patio looks lovely, Rary. You'll be nicely sheltered from breezes in there.

Meanwhile, low last night was 15.8 ºC. Was surprised as expected it to be warmer. Still quite cool this morning so far but bright. Builders hard at work. If I was them, I'd turn up at first decent light and not bother coming back in the afternoon. Today is Tuesday. Small possibility they might actually finish this week. Mr Snoop says he'll tile the flat bit of the roof to save some money.

Another busy day today. Tomorrow will be the last busy day. Will do some billing instead. No point working if I don't have anything to show for it.

Will catch you later, guys. Have a good one, meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning all, wall to wall sunshine here, not a cloud in the sky after some hefty rain over night, I hope to get the wood treatment finished on the corner shed if the woods dried out later, take care all and enjoy the day.

Comment

• Morning a cool start 9c in the GH but the sun soon came out ,mid post I had to run out and chase the sparrows of the lettuce my fault it was the only container that wasn't netted it is now though. bit late now but it will pick up.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Another overcast day here so far. I'd like to know why if I wake up at Silly O' clock in the early hours I struggle to drop back to sleep but at normal getting up time the bed becomes the epitome of comfort and it would be so easy to just turn over and drift away.
                    Off to the allotment shortly and then an appointment for my husband to pick up his new glasses this afternoon.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

ouchy ouch...that had my eyes watering rary...hope he's OK today?

Well, I had an 'interesting' start to the day.
                      Hibou woke me up at 4.15 .fr time and I looked out of the window and could see stars!
                      had a good look around and could see Venus, Uranus, Mars, Neptune , Saturn and Jupiter (I think!) all in the sky at the same time, plus the Great Plough.
                      Couldn't see the comet but read it should appear for 80 mins after 4.30 my time....so gave it half an hour then looked again....
                      MIST !!!!... where did that suddenly appear from?

I was all mentally ready to put on my coat and shoes and check it out in the garden for a better view too. Typical eh?
                      Maybe tonight ?...ha!

It was nippy too here last night. 9C -it's no wonder my melons aren't growing.

We had a couple of friends over for an hour yesterday evening for drinkies in the garden. It was a lovely change and even though we all wore masks, it was so lovely to see them. Felt like touching base with normality after such a long time

Hope your guys crack on with the building work this week Snoop-it'll be fantastic to have the house and gardens back to yourselves again!
                      Might there be some before and after piccies to share with us at some point??? ( yup-dead nosy)

Sunny and windy and warm again today for me -more hacking back -gawd it looks a mess! Maybe need to think about shredding some of it to make room for more piles of clippings?

Enjoy your day peeps- whatever mischief you get up to.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        A dull start but its warm at 16 degs.
                        We have decided to have a day out but dont know where we will go just yet.

Snoop, great to hear the building work is going so well.
                        Would love to see a pic or two.

Rary, hope grandson is not too sore after the hook incident.

Nicos, I count think you're meant to see that comet.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, grandson is fine not sure whither the hook was cut out or twisted out though he did get a tetanus jag he is now at Culzen Castle with the rest of his family, Snoop your overnight temperature is warmer than yesterday's day temperature here, but it is dry today and though heavy cloud really nice when the sun comes out, I have refilled my comfrey press and now going to sort a mesh guard which I place at the greenhouse door to stop anything getting in more than anything it's to keep the birds out, though they don't seem to do any damage I don't want them hurting themselves, right time to move if I sit much longer I will get as bad as some of you women
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Looking like rain here but it's warm. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, FF. Morning, all.

Hot and cloudy today. Not my favourite weather combination.

Up very late last night, baking bread and trying to get some research done while internet is 'free', meaning that whatever we do doesn't count as part of our data allowance. Mr Snoop likes to watch music videos and listen to online lectures and comedians. Me, I get to read about contemporary artists and to try to work out what French philosophers mean. Very much looking forward to being retired!

Anyway, early start to get water up from the well for the builders, who are busy at work. Which I ought to be as well, so catch you later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning day started out sunny but its rained of and on since 7.30 not enough to want to stay indoors though its barely wetting the ground.

Snoop how does 'free' internet work its not something I've come across, I'm just being nosy really.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X