This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all

Had a good trip out yesterday to get loads of DIY stuff ( we're bound to have forgotten something!)
    So we now have loads and loads of jobs varying between 10% -95% completed to crack on with....good job it's not so nice outside today!
    It'll be good to move on again with that tbh...I'm getting utterly sick of the mess indoors.

The most frustrating thing yesterday was driving past IKEA where we used to stop off and have a free drink or two of coffee/hot chocolate.
    Oh well...

I'd noticed LD hasn't been around either MH...hope things are going OK for her.

Time for another brew -I've just had a few hundred Yorkshire teabags dropped off -so drinks are on me folks!!!!!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon starting this in the morning but by the time I finish it could be late afternoon its been a damp drizzly day today, so not much done outside, though I have been out watering all my flower pots as with the leaf cover the rain doesn't get through to the soil, had looked on the web to see what pot holders were available and when I saw the price I thought they must be joking so have made my own from some wire that I had I started by pleating the wire then thought there must be a faster way of to get what I want so finished up using my drill to twist three stands of wire together I know its still a bit pricey but as I have 300meters of the wire I will have quite a bit left when I am finished so was well worth the cost of £1.99
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Nice one rary!!!

It turned out warmer than I was expecting so I've been shredding my arms in the bushes
        Yup...the 'attack of the secateur' time again.

I have three large shrubs I've neglected for a few year's and they all needed a darned good hacking back and dead wood removing. I'm about 1/2 way through the job after about 6 hrs of work on them
        We will however have a lovely pile of wood and clippings to put through the shredder...I did intend this year to do more mulching-no excuse now!

Comment

• The weather was eventually quite nice today. I decided to weed under the apple trees today so that I can see if I have got any windfalls. I am allergic to some weed or other because now I am itching. Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!

Comment

• ^^^ ouch!

Comment

• I'll trade you my shredded arms , blistered hand and nettle stung legs for your allergy?
              Until tomorrow morning then I want mine back again
              Last edited by Nicos; 16-07-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Good evening.
                We had a beautiful day here, quite unexpected.
                The temp went up to 22 degs and it's still feeling warm.
                After a long walk and a visit to the library we spent the rest of the day in the garden.
                Hope everyone else had a good day,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Fine but dull here. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all

dull here too -cut calm and not cold at least

I was up earlier to see if I could see the comet, but it was cloudy...again!

I actually woke up with hay fever -the sweet chestnut wood next to us is in full flower so I'm nit surprised if it's from that. Looks pretty though. Thank goodness for antihistamines eh?

more chopping back fir me today if my hand can cope with the blisters -have to say though (how sad is this????) that I'm really looking forward to getting out the shredder and having a play with it. I can just see my OH offering to help me at that point can't you?

Right...time for a brew! Care to join me?

Comment

• Morning All

I'll join you for a brew Nicos. Quite bright here and mild at 16C

Enjoy the day
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here Been watching the birds fighting over the Silver birch seeds that collect on the brassica cage really funny watching them pushing each over out the the way to get to them when there's a garden full of seeds.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, much cooler today, with a lot of cloud(I'm never going to get to see this Comet), grass was cut yesterday, so the edges need doing now, so that'll be one of todays jobs. I notice my first chillies are ripening and I might get some Ailsa Craig tommies next week too, sweetcorn is in flower and the silks are emerging, love this time of year when we can start to see some results from our labours.

Comment

• Morning, morning.

Have woken up in a right good mood. First night and morning in months and months that I have not been worrying about my mum. She's very happy and very well cared for at my brother and his wife's home. Likes the carers who come in three times a day to help, loves the company of the family, loves her room, even finds the bed comfortable (which I was not expecting). And she feels safe, knowing there are people there to help her if something happens in the night. All in all, a relief for her and for me too.

Builders here but not very sure what they're doing. The roof looks brilliant but some of the walls (done by the first bunch of lads) look awful, so something will have to be done to cover that up. But it's starting to feel like most of the actual construction is complete.

Loads of work to get through. Dribs and drabs of new work coming in too. Worried about saying no as am expecting economy to nosedive and what I do is a total luxury useful only to tourists. So, there won't be much demand soon, I should think.

Anyway, all right for now but better get a move on. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon. Didnt get a chance to check in this morning.
                              Spent the morning tidying up the garden.
                              It's hard to keep the garden tidy when growing in pots and containers.
                              I took lots of pics yesterday and only when I looked at them did I realise how untidy it looked.
                              All sorted now and it looks so much better.
                              Waiting for a shower to pass so I can get back out again.
                              Hope you all have a good afternoon.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                I'll trade you my shredded arms , blistered hand and nettle stung legs for your allergy?
                                Until tomorrow morning then I want mine back again
                                Can you do that wow that has been some upgrade
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X