X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
    Good morning all.
    Well, it's not raining g which is a plus but it's still very dull.

You're right Rary, I am off out today rain or shine.
    No, I didnt involve my hubby, he took himself off to the attic and spent the afternoon going through and discarding papereork and sorting old photos.
    However we are buying paint today but I am the painter.
    He paints everything except where it's supposed to be.

Home grown peaches sound delicious Nicos.
    Hope all have a good day and stay safe.
    Yes I have used that excuse myself, but unfortunately it's one that has a limited time as sooner or later OH wants to check what you are discarding or that you have sorted the photos in the order she wants and usually it's wrong​​​​

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all, it has stopped raining and a little bit of sun is shining through the clouds...clouds which have obscured the comet every night since I started looking!
      Nicos, I’m really into researching my family tree and always interested in the websites others use... care to share? It’s a great hobby but I have to limit myself as I get lost doing it!
      Have a great day everyone! x
      sigpic

Comment

• My daughter set up an Ancestry account for me for a gift, it is ok for the later stuff, mostly using the work other customers have found. Once you get back in the 16th century or earlier it fizzles out, it's ok but limited, there's less information on line than you would think, I am at the point where I will have to visit churches/town halls to get early documents and those hand written documents are very difficult to read.

Comment

• I know what you mean Burnie!
          Depending on the county I've noticed that some kind soles have poured over documents and transcribed a lot of info for free.

Most of my relatives were very poor so there are no wills etc. However I do have one or two going back to the 1600s.
          Some are fairly easy to read if you cross your eyes first!!

Have a look at this one though!!!!...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3433.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	1,004.8 KB
ID:	2503304

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Prevening All Hope you're having a good day Heating on here!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• A good day here Flo just come indoors been pulling up a few weeds all the rains made them shoot up. Other than that I’ve been in my GH watching it rain.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                Well we had no rain and even some sunshine.
                Did some gardening and after lunch we went for every long walk.
                Feeling better for having got out of the house.
                No paint bought today.
                Tomorrow is 10% off for seniors so we will buy it then.

Good luck with reading that writing Nicos.
                Both me, and my hubby have both been doing our family tree for years.
                He had been more successful, but I live in hope.

Have a good evening all..

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I’ve refused to take out a subscription with Ancestry because as you say they use information their customers basically give them for free! It’s amazing how much info you can glean reading between the lines though!
                  Good luck with that document Nicos...you will be cross eyed after you read it never mind before!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All In work today as you will know by the hour. Dull but dry and warm here. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and All
                      Another dull day here, not much rain at all yesterday, just very light drizzle.

Good luck reading that document Nicos. We did our family histories some years back, turns out my GG grandmother was married to three men at the same time and my surname didn't follow the bloodline.

Enjoy your day
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all, cooler and cloudy today, grass needs cut if it stays dry, too wet yesterday to do it, though the clover and daisies look nice lol.

Comment

• Good Morning.

Looks like a dull overcast day, but warmish so can't complain.

Today's the day Leicester finds out if they can come out of lockdown. I would guess probably not yet. I live about 3 miles outside the zone.

Apropos to that, lottie dolly hasn't been around for a while. I hope she and her family are safe and well.

Have a good day all.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                            Morning all, cooler and cloudy today, grass needs cut if it stays dry, too wet yesterday to do it, though the clover and daisies look nice lol.
                            Morning all.
                            Yep, that's one of my jobs for today, cutitng grass. Another job is digging out the area I intend using for off road parking.

Birds to feed and dog to walk first though.

Have a good day all.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A dull but dry day.
                              Off out for a walk to the library to see if I can get something decent to read
                              A visit to the hardware store later ad OH has the car taking our granddaughter to have her braces readjusted.
                              A bit of gardening later on and that should fill the day nicely.
                              Stay safe all and have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, lovelies.

Three men at the same time, Mr Bones? I can't even begin to imagine the logistics. And all these youngsters seem to think polyamory is a new thing!

Anyway, bright but not too hot here today. Builders hard at work. Only the two of them today, but I'm sure they're making just as much progress as when the third lad is here. He's not what you'd call a hard worker...

Me, I've got a lot of work on the cards for today. But first job is to call my mum, who is now installed in the home of my brother and his wife. Thank goodness. I'm sure care home staff do the best they can, but the place she was in was clearly struggling with understaffing and the best people kept leaving to work elsewhere. Doesn't matter how nice the building looks if you don't employ enough staff.

Anyway, on with the show. Catch you all later, have a good one meanwhile. Every day when I write that, I think of TS and how she'd say 'good un'. Ah well. And yes, mothhawk, LD missing in action, temporarily I hope.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X